“expensive but worth it”

Capital Grille - Cherry Hill
Reserve with OpenTable
Capital Grille - Cherry Hill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 255 Restaurants in Cherry Hill
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Haddonfield Road
Description: We cordially invite you to set aside the preconceived notion that urbane dining requires an urban setting. Dry Aged Steak au Poivre and Citrus Glazed Salmon are equally at-home in Camden County as Philadelphia. And could 5,000 bottles of world-class wine hope for a more fitting home than a place called Cherry Hill? Culinary connoisseurs, The Capital Grille has arrived in suburbia.
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We knew before we made our reservations that this was a very expensive restaraunt, but it was definitely worth the splurge. I had the steak oscar and my husband had the sirlion. It was the very best steak I've ever had.

There are newer reviews for Capital Grille - Cherry Hill

Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Top food service and drinks ! Can't belive I haven't been there before now it was great ! If your going to spend the money this is the place to be filet was great so tender melted as you eat it I think I'm going to dream about this place untill go agin and won points with the wife !

Reviewed May 25, 2013

I had heard good things of Capital Grille and was not disappointed when I dined here for a business sponsored dinner. The atmosphere, however, upon entering is definitely testosterone with its oversized fixtures, wood, and leather. It makes a statement that this is steak territory and abundance.
My Kona crusted sirloin, thick cut and on the bone, was perfectly cooked to order. The shallot butter enhanced the lusciousness. Given the large portion size, management is prepared for taking left-overs home with its packaging including a chef signed tag on the bag. Others at the table enjoyed their super thick filets, salmon, and chicken. Everyone commented on how good the food was!
What was impressive was that the quality and preparation wasn't limited to just entrees. The salad with the parmesan vinaigrette was lightly dressed with the perfect acid balance in the dressing. Side dishes are large portions for the entire table. The side dish of green beans had a sweet and sour taste with crisp beans and a tomato accent. I am not a mashed potato fan but these mashed potatoes convinced me other wise with their creaminess. The waiter had the foresight to offer us our desserts (that were part of our preplanned meal) to take home. The flourless chocolate cake is so dense and rich that a few bites go a long way.
Value is hard to rate as you do get quantity and quality for the price. However, given the price, this place is probably better saved for a special occasion. But if you don't mind the splurge and want an excellent meal, this is a definite place to go. I guess my only critique is that I don't know if it's a place where I'd just go with female friends, as it doesn't have an atmosphere for girl talk, and portions are designed for a more manly appetite.

1  Thank la2nj
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Steaks are great. Service wonderful. Wine selections good! Have been several times.....salmon is awesome too

Reviewed May 8, 2013

My sister surprised me on my birthday with dinner at Capital Grille and I am happy to report that it is has become my best meal ever. I arrived at our table to find confetti that said happy birthday on the tablecloth, along with a sweet note thanking me for choosing them for my celebration. Our waitress made fabulous suggestions, starting with a wonderful cocktail. We split the tomato and mozzarella salad and had warm soft bread while waiting for our entrees. My sister had the kona beef , which was HUGE and delicious. I had the tenderloins of beef with 2 butter poached lobster tails. All I could say was WOW... such succulent lobster meat , not overly rich , perfect blend of butter and ?wine. We split a side of au gratin potatoes and it was enough for 4 to 6 people in my opinion. The potato side dish was rich and creamy and delicious. After our meal the waitress brought out a piece of espresso flourless chocolate torte with raspberry couli and fresh raspberries and whipped cream . The cake had a candle burning and they had written Happy Birthday in chocolate on the plate. It was so decadent and rich that we shared the piece and were only able to eat half the piece.Ok, I admit we did take the rest back to the hotel and ended up eating the rest later that night. Everyone was so pleasant and efficient and friendly. My only criticism was that the waitstaff were all wearing ill fitting cotton jackets in the worst mustard color. I actually found the uniform distracting and kept looking for someone who actually looked good in the outfit but found NONE. The bus staff looked far more professional in their white shirts and ties and black pants. I had a wonderful birthday and incredible meal... so good that when I got home I immediately looked up other locations nearer to my home in Ct and plan to visit one very soon. Thank you to everyone at Capital who made my April birthday so special.

1  Thank pattyrn62