“Delicious and Authentic!”

Cuisines: Chinese, Korean
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Rt 70
Description: Break Away from the Ordinary. Are you tired of Asian food that is predictable, either too bland or too spicy, and not authentic? Are you ready for a new taste experience? At Dolsot House we offer fresh, wholesome, healthy food that is both healthy and exciting. It is served family style, with side dishes ("banchan"), so everyone can have his or her own combination of textures and flavors. We want you to have a unique, healthy, satisfying cultural dining experience. Are you a vegetarian, frustrated by most restaurant menus? We have many choices for you. We also welcome seafood-only-vegetarians, vegans, and persons on a low carb diet. We are proud of our tradition but modern in our approach. We'll know your name and your preferences, if you are a repeat customer. You'll find our food not too foreign, yet far from ordinary. And quite affordable. We are rapidly building a fan base of loyal customers. We want you to join them.
Reviewed November 19, 2012

How would I know how authentic it was? Well, for one: we were probably the only non-Korean patrons on Saturday night... in a pretty full house= a GOOD sign! And, our friend who decided on doing Korean BBQ for the outing has been to Korea several times for work trips – and she was extremely giddy and very happy with our Sammy Chon's experience. Our full meal came fairly quickly, and everyone enjoyed what they ordered! the Kimchee was a delight, the Kimchee pancake, all of the small plates that came out WITH the apps... all really delicious. Even a perfect seaweek salad. Yum. The Pork bulgogi dolsot made some VERY happy mouths, and my Beef bulgogi was quite the treat. The star, however (to me) were the Three Inch beef short ribs that our friends shared (and I sampled). Served sizzling at the table, trimmed and cut into pieces... WOW. Delcious. I will SURELY return just to order this as my main dish.

So all in all, a pleasant time was had... with a pleasant, attentive staff...and of course, the delicious, unique treats that are Korean BBQ! A return trip is most certainly on the horizon...

Reviewed November 3, 2012

I've been stranded at the local Holiday Inn, Cherry Hill - fantastic place, by the way, please read my review - for a week now with no vehicle. This evening a couple of friends picked me up and we decided to go for sushi. Luckily, I noticed Sammy Chon's Ktown just as we drove past and said "Hey, I love Korean barbecue!" It was only 5.30, so we decided to take a chance. I'm so glad!
This is not traditional Korean barbecue where you get to cook at your table. Frankly the place is too small for that; the smoke would be overwhelming! But the dishes we ordered (one barbecue dinner for two, chicken medium, pork hot, and one salmon box) were delivered quickly and quite good. The appetizers - the banchan Korean meals are served with, usually half a dozen to a dozen small tasting plates of anything from bean sprouts to home made kimchee - were not the best I've ever had, but they were fine given that it's a busy Saturday night. (And the place was jammed within half an hour of our arrival.)
Despite the hordes of customers trying to squeeze into this tiny space, the waitresses stayed cheerful and helpful. The hot tea was very good, by the way - not too strong, not too weak. And we had asked for the chicken to be spicy, and it was!
The rice served with the meal was properly cooked, not at all dried out.
If I had any criticisms, it would be that the macaroni salad served as part of the banchan was very weird; I wish it had been something else. And the lettuce pieces that came with our barbecue, which should have been big enough for us to wrap the food in them, were pretty skinny. (But not iceberg, which was nice - good, fresh Bibb or Boston, I think.)
Dinner for all three of us - with an extra appetizer and sodas - was $62 plus tip, and given the quantity of food (my friends took home a doggy bag), well worth it.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

I've had several great meals here and a couple so-so ones. Their BBQed Kalbi (short-rib) entree is my favorite and I also LOVE the Korean hoagie or the Koagie. So good! The ambience and service leaves something to be desired...they could use some redecorating for sure!

1  Thank MrsSmarts
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I've been to Arirang (Cute little family owned place in Barclay Center), Beawon (next to H-Mart) and Sammy's.

DUDE. Sammy's is absolutely FANTASTIC. I am vegetarian, wanted noodle soup, they whipped it up for me (meaty things usually make me sick even when I don't know they were there, it really was veg soup.)

Husband is a carnivore, and seriously loved his hot steamy meat rice bowl thing.

Veg fried dumplings were banging.

Waitresses were the NICEST, most attentive service people I've ever had at an asian restaurant.

Portions were GARGANTUAN and reasonably priced. My custom soup, his big ricey beef bowl, our appetizer...about 30 bucks? I'll be eating the leftovers for days. The soup portions dwarf even Pho Eden.

They're one of few places around here that's open until 10pm during the week, too.
Hi-five. GO TO HERE.

1  Thank CaraLoryn
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Gone to many Korean restaurants. Price not worth it. Food is not bad but not great. There are better food for lower price it's just not enough competition in cherry hill and the choices are limited here if you like this type of food.

2  Thank PC A