“Bad food”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Rt 70
Reviewed February 7, 2012

Ambiance was very good; service was good; food was lousy. My cedar plank salmon was barely grilled, raw in the middle, and without seasoning of any kind. It was unacceptable by all measures. Besides, it was not inexpensive. Avoid this place.

Reviewed January 29, 2012

A few months ago my husband and some friends went to McCormick & Schmick's / William Douglas restaurant, and the waitress sold us on their membership. We paid $25 and were supposed to get a $25 dining gift certificate and some free drink coupons. You build points as you spend dollars in this joined restaurant, and the points should get you dining discounts. Our membership card didn't come, and so the next two times we went in we had to bring our previous receipts, talk with the manager and fill out the paperwork again. Our membership card finally arrived and last night we went back in with the friends who were with us originally to use the free drink coupons that were part of our original membership. Imagine our surprise when the manager came over and told us that they couldn't accept our free drink coupons -- he said they were part of a "deal" that the previous manager made and that the new corporate owners decided that they wouldn't honor them. We expressed our opinion that coupons that were given our by the restaurant should be honored by the restaurant, and that their in-house disagreement with what a previous manager did as a promotion really wasn't our concern. When he told us there was nothing more he could do, I suggested that he just give us our four free drinks and then we'd wait for our table for dinner. He told me he couldn't do that, he couldn't give our any free drinks. The four of us decided to leave without staying for dinner and chances are we won't be back. If they decide to back out on one of the promotions they offered, I wouldn't be surprised if they decide not to honor the rest of the deal they made with us -- and that we paid good money for. Very disappointing.

Reviewed December 9, 2011

We went to McCormick and Schmicks because of the deal they had on their price fixe menu for Thanksgiving at 23.00 a person. They also had the regular menu available.
We arrived a few minutes early and were pleasantly surprised to find the restuarant did not overbook as is the case on most holidays. We had to wait until our actual reservation time but it only took a few minutes.

We both ordered the traditional dinner with turkey, gravy, stuffing, mashed potatoes, apple and squash casserole and green beans. Our waiter was very attentive in the beginning of our dinner, but as the night progressed, he seemed to become very forgetful.

When my dinner arrived, I noticed there was no gravy. Ok, I let it slide... The food was excellent although I did not care for the apple squash casserole. The butternut squash soup was delicious however.
Once dinner was over we had a hard time flagging our waiter down. He neglected to ask if we wanted coffee. We had ordered dessert at the beginning of the meal. I ordered tea and was told it was some kind of citrus tea. He did not tell me it was green tea. It was horribly weak.
He forgot to bring the creamer with the coffee. Then when we were ready for the check, he forgot the check!
It seemed the restaurant was understaffed as it began to fill up closer toward the dinner hour. We had a four o'clock reservation and I am glad I made it so early.

All in all it was a good experience, and I would like to return on a regular night and sample the regular menu. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed November 9, 2011

This place is 10 minutes away from Philadelphia and on a primetime Eagles game they closed at halftime. The bartender explained to us that 6 people was not enough to justify paying employees,burning electricity and gas. After I heard that comment, I just wanted to get out of the place. I did call the manager and he was very proffessional and explained that she shouldn't have said that. With that being said...it still ruined our night.

1  Thank Sam H
Reviewed August 23, 2011

Dined here with friends who brought me to dinner in appreciation for some work I had done for them. Very nice upscale atmosphere, felt like we were in some exclusive private club. Food was all very good with attentive waitstaff. Gourmet menu with many choices of fare from around the world. Something for everyone.

1  Thank CDEW