“Relaxing” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wading Pines

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chatsworth
Wading Pines
Madison, New Jersey
“Relaxing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

I just came back from Wading Pines and had a great time. My husband and I planned a weekend and invited his brother and girlfriend. This was the first time they were there and they enjoyed themsleves. I used to come here every August for about a ten year stretch. We always have stayed int he cabins, even when they were along the river. Always had a great time. Staff and seasonal campers are very friendly. Management has done some work on the cabins, fishing bridge and bathrooms since I was there in 2010. I plan to make this a annual vacation place again. The pool was great and not that crowded. We were able to get chairs and even a picnic table. We will go back next year and may even turn more people on to this place. The only thing that I would have a negative comment on - are the mattresses in the cabins. They are very thin and when you add the single mattresses to the double - it is extremely loud at night. When they added the beds, maybe they could have made it an option - a quess air mattress would fit great if they were not there. Oh well - we are camping. That won't stop me from taking another trip there for a week (hopefully next time)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2012

I have gone to this campground two seasons in a row, and two seasons too many. The seasonal people who stay here are very unfriendly to anyone just staying for a weekend. The seasonal campers here are very rude, old and grouchy. The staff (who is also composed of the same seasonal campers) is very rude, unprofessional, and discourteous. This place is like a retirement home, so you better not make any noise past 10:00 pm ( like a ipod playing) or you will be yelled at by some angry old person that works here. They were even nice enough to come and wake us up the following morning to yell at us a second time the following morning after already yelling at us the night before. There is not much to do here besides ride a tube down a creek that takes about a whole 7 minutes. After that you can go listen to a country band because that is obviously what the seasonals prefer, as there was a country band playing both times I stayed there. I was so bored and fed up with being bossed around by the elderly that I couldnt wait to leave. Not much for the kids to do here either, except annoy the old people with their presence. Worst camping experience ever.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank Jersey D
Long Branch, NJ
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012

We went tent camping, and were harassed by the people who are seasonal/possibly live there. We left at night because we felt uncomfortable, and called the staff in the morning. They did not even give us our money back. WORST camping experience I have ever had.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
10 Thank Toni M
McGuire AFB
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

The only thing that's makes this place bearable is the people. The owner of this place is a spinster and very, very, very, cheap. The prices are OUTRAGES, and discounts are unheard of, Military…forget it, fire, and police no way. Not even Memorial Day weekend! So wave your flag somewhere else. Don't let the listed price fool you because they consider a family to be two adults with no kids. If you have two kids then add $20 a night to your bill. The campground itself is nice, and in a nice location. The river is great and floating down the river on tubes almost makes it worth wile. I have stayed there many times and had some good and some bad experiences. My advice to you is if you do decide to go and you do have kids that are old enough drop them off at the bridge just past the camp store on the main road. There is a hole in the fence and have them simply walk to the campsite after checking in with two adults. If you ask me this is a ridiculous way to camp though. The entertainment is bad…just bad, where do they find these bands? My high school band was better. just don’t bother…

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Patrick P
Budd Lake, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2011

My family and I actually love this campground and have been going for years. We get two cabins every August. This year, on the final day, we found bed bugs in our bed. I left with more than forty bites on my shoulders, arms, and neck. Unfortunately, I am afraid that the campground is not taking proper measures to get rid of the infestation, and are not taking it seriously enough. We do enjoy the rest of the campground's amenities and always have. Just please make sure you educate yourself on bedbugs and check for any signs before settling in a cabin. If you have been here and got them, or if you see them in the future, please register your experience on www.bedbugregistery.com so that everyone knows.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank mizrus
Manchester,NJ
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2011

This place is a joke from the start---after going there and off the bat they charge you for your kids. Any kid over 5yrs old you pay 10 dollars a head for. The pricing is for 2 adults without kids so the price went from 60 bucks to 80 bucks a night. We paid 60 a night because we stayed on their "luxurious waterfront sites". What a joke. Then 10 bucks a day to bring my own golfcart . So all said and done it was 90 bucks a night.LOL You also had to pay for kids crafts with that price. The day we arrived it was very hot and very humid. We set up and then headed up to the pool(keep in mind there is only one pool)low and behold it was closed cause someone let their kid in without a swim diaper. Bathrooms are not the cleanest and also found there to be a lot of nails and glass on our site to the point of telling my kids to keep shoes on. The store is very expensive and the staff are not the nicest. Quiet time is 11 and as they started busting our chops at 9:30 as we had the music on and were talking around a fire. Save your money and go to another campground. I can go to Frontieretown in Maryland and its
75 a night and they have a free waterpark. So look around and think before you book Wading pines. I think all the positive reviews are either friends or employees personally.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
11 Thank bighedkid
Toms River, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2011

We have stayed here many times before and each year it gets worse and worse. First of all they charged us $90 a night, $10 extra for any kids over 4 and $10 extra a night for the golf cart....Ridiculous! When we arrived on the hottest day of the year so far, the pool was closed because someone pooped in it. They said they were working on it but our site was across for it and we saw no one there. They told us to swim in the river, where there are signs that said "No Swimming". When we did get to the pool it was about 90 degrees. They came around to our campsite at 9:30 to remind us quit time was 11 but the next night had a movie playing with the generator going till midnight. Bathrooms were nasty and so were the people who worked there. Never Again...

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
9 Thank cristineandbrian

Been to Wading Pines? Share your experiences!