“Classic Meatball Parm Sub”
Review of Marie's

Marie's
Ranked #11 of 43 Restaurants in Chatham
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 11, 2013

After seeing Marie’s Café/Deli on Diners Drive-ins & Dives a while ago we finally decided to check it out for lunch. The place was smaller than we expected with maybe nine tables that had chairs & benches and a small deli counter at the back of the Café. We didn’t have reservations and didn’t need any at 11:30 am in the middle of the week, but could see why you would need one at night if there was a crowd. We decided to share one of Marie’s specialty sub’s which was plenty for two. The “Classic Meatball Parm” served on Marie’s own fresh Italian bread turned out very good with a lot of favor, but you may need a few napkins if you try to eat it like a sandwich. We enjoyed our lunch and will have to try it for dinner some time.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Definitely worth a trip if you are in the Murray Hill, Morristown area. Went in on a Wed night at 4 PM and was empty. Great service, great food. Italian sandwiches were outstanding. Pasta was good. Try a few things on the menu in small portions.......I will go back.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Went the other night after seeing this place on Triple D. Fra Diavlo on the mussels was good. Rice balls were good. My wife had the the chicken and that was excellent. I'm a pork lover and had dreamed of this sandwich that Guy was flipping about on the show. What a disappointment. The bread they have there is ok but it can't handle the moisture of this sandwich. They either need to toast it or get a real crusty bread for the "Sacred Swine". It was a sloppy mess with no taste. Service was great and some of the other dishes coming out looked very good. Basically we all have one of these little mom and pop places near by. Would go again but wouldn't go out of my way.

2  Thank KLANZ
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I have eaten here several times. Dinner is better then lunch. Every dinner choices I have had is above par and soild. Many things can be better here and the service is where I would start. There needs to be MORE consistancy in it. Although it is a B.Y.O.B. the choices of drinks on hand is weak and the water serviced at the table is ALWAYS warm. At a recent visit this past Sunday (May 26th) there was NOTHING to drink, and my wife had to go to the store up the street to get drinks. This is totally NOT acceptable in my mind. It is always better when the OWNERS are there. There were NO specials this weekend either. Never seems to be an issue every other time I have been there. Rough patch this last visit but it does not make the food bad.
I will be back.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Much different from the tv show. Our rice balls tasted salty and leftover. The penne vodka with chicken and dried tomatoes was over cooked. I thought we were eating polenta. The roast brick chicken looked like it was deeped fried several times. The inside was pink and uncooked. This meal wasn't even warm. I thought roasted meant oven cooked. Our table had no napkins and flatware. The place was filthy and bathroom deplorable. The staff was a bunch of high school kids that didn't know what they were doing. We drove an hour an half to experience this disappointing restaurant.

2  Thank glenn v