“Good food, big portions, tough parking”
Review of River Grille

River Grille
Ranked #7 of 44 Restaurants in Chatham
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Met a friend for lunch here on a Friday, and it was packed! I was lucky to get a parking spot out front, as the lot was full. Lots of choice on the menu, and apparently their specialty is mac and cheese, which I did not have.

My friend ordered the soup of the day, cream of broccoli and a sushi appetizer with arugula. He liked both. I enjoyed the chicken quesadillas. The coffee was a little burnt, but strong. Prices are a little high, but not too bad. I'll go back.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

This restaurant is really great. On the outside, it looks like a dive, but once inside, its ok. The biggest area is taken up by the bar and there are regulars that frequent here. Feels like they all know each other. But, in the back there are just a few tables - maybe 6 - and they serve up some really great food. They have white tablecloths on the tables which is kind of funny, but the mussels are fantastic! Burgers are good too! Get there early or else you will wait an hour. Place is always hopping.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

food was delish - french onion soup was sooooo good! shrimp cesear salad was on point too (shrimp was cooked and seasoned perfectly well). typical bar/restaurant however was SUPER tiny and crowded. i felt like a waiter was gonna drop a plate on me everytime they walked by.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Bad food, bad service, sketchy area, drugs have been dealt in and around the bar, attracts some very odd characters.
A stink bug ran across our table after we were seated...so gross.
Will NOT go back.

Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

I have been to River Grille about 5 times. Food - fantastic! Better than regular bar fare. Wings, sandwiches, appetizers, salads - never disappoint. Kids menu great - and nice portions. Bar manager and bartenders are friendly. With only 6-7 tables and what appeared to be quite a few servers working - they just seem to forget about you. Recently it took over 1.5 hours for our party of 3 - 2 adults 1 kid - to eat and pay. We sat there watching our server go to his 2 other (larger) tables over and over. We never got napkins/utensils and ended up getting them myself..... Waited forever for the check... Apology after apology for our wait. The food is so good we will keep coming back but just wish they could get the service down. It's been more inconsistent over my 5 visits than consistent.