“The most amazing staff in the world”

Holiday Inn Carteret - Rahway
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Carteret
Edinburgh
“The most amazing staff in the world”
Reviewed January 13, 2011

We were taken to this hotel as stranded passengers from Newark airport on dec 26. The bus driver deserved a medal for bravery he got us to the hotel in the worst snow storm I have seen in my life. The next day the staff in the restaurant were fantastic. We had the best breakfasts we have ever had. We came back the hotel again on 28th dec for another 2 nights. Reception staff great. We had the most amazing meals in the hotel. The food and staff were superb. The rooms were so clean. Everyone who works in this hotel gave such happy personalities. Loved our stay even though we were there due to stressful circumstances.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed December 7, 2010

I was on a business trip and the hotel I normaly stay was sold out during the second week of dec 2010 and forced to stay here. Here is few observations not all, the list is too long.
-Very bad location
-Shower was partially working
-Very old run down building and carpets look like from 19th century. This hotel looks 100 times better from outside
-I stopped at the bar/restaurant at 9:15PM on a Tue night and the waitress serving was yawning while taking the order and was complaining about her long day. I stopped there at least one hour before their closing time.
-TV: This is oldest TV you can find in any hotel room. This is the picture tube type TV with lots of grains, yes it is like the self-antina driven TVs of the 80's
Bottom line: Stay away or you will be screwed big time!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank thundian
Pa
Reviewed July 1, 2010

Stayed here numerous times for weeks at a time. Staff is very freindly, maid service is great. Food is very good but high. Sure there was constrution last year but its finished now but it wasn't as bad as that woman stated.
We had an experiance last year with a sink and the staff was right there to fix the problem. It is close to the city yet far enough away.
Would I recommend this hotel, most deffinatly.
For an alternate place to eat there is the City Bar about 2 miles away with great food, it has a dinning room.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 29, 2010

My family and I were on our way to Florida and saw the sign from the NJ Turnpike. This hotel is located right off the exit. Our check in was smooth and we were offered water and a snack for each of us to take to our room. Our room was very clean and neat. We had dinner in the restaurant all kids eat free at Holiday Inns and it was very good, but a little pricey. Everywhere we went the staff was very friendly and seemed like they enjoyed working there. They made us feel very comfortable and welcome, I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed May 28, 2010

We came to NJ for a friend's wedding and traveled with our 5 month old little girl. When we arrived at the hotel we found our room to be damp. We soon discovered that the A/C unit had not been sealed and rain was leaking in from outdoors. We also discovered that our phone did not work (no dial tone). When we went to the front desk I was asked if I was dialing the phone correctly. No help was offered. I returned back to my room where my little girl was sound asleep. I would have left that minute if we did not have our 5 month old with us. Then came the final blow. I went to plug my laptop into the outlet on the desk to get online. When I plugged the computer in the outlet sparked and it shocked me. When I went up to the front desk the girl said "No way." Did not send anyone. Did not apologize. Did not offer another room. Needless to say I got on the phone and booked another hotel. We left the next morning. When I told the front desk manager about our experiences she said that the girl was new and she was sorry. Nothing else was said. STAY FAR, FAR AWAY from this place! We're happily put up at the Hilton Newark/Penn-Station right now.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank georgifisher
Spotswood, NJ
Reviewed January 9, 2010

I took my fiance here for the Romantic Valentine Weekend. The room was very clean and roomy. Service from entire staff was was great. We were treated like we were on a honeymoon, especially at the restaurant. The wait staff was perfect. They took such wonderful care of us. The romantic package included $60.00 towards dinner with a complimentary bottle of champaigne. $20.00 was included towards breakfasts. Like i said it was like a honeymoon.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
bristol,U.K.
Reviewed March 19, 2009

Our flight connection got messed up and Continental put passengers here for the night.Driver who picked us all up from Newark Airport was very friendly,as was the receptionist when we booked in.
We were given a smoking room which we knew about before spotting the ashtrays by the strong smell of stale smoke.I didnt mind so much being a smoker,but my husband (who isnt )wasnt too happy!
Beds,it has to be said were the most comfortable we'd slept in,and were nice and clean.It was obvious the cleaners were'nt too fussy,as we found empty crisp wrappers under the bed.
There is a nice restaurant attached to the hotel,who cooked a lovely breakfast at a reasonable price.
The hotel is situated next to a very busy road,with a lot of construction going on.Didnt seem to be much in close vecinity,except the usual McDonalds!
Would I book this hotel for a holiday stay?Definately not,but it was ok for one night.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carteret
Hotel Executive Suites
Wyndham Garden Newark Airport
Hampton Inn Linden
Hampton Inn Linden
#1 of 4 in Linden

Been to Holiday Inn Carteret - Rahway? Share your experiences!