All reviews room was clean front desk the general manager floor hotel carry our bags park and stay package jersey turnpike story hotel without traffic restaurant has great food business visit new jersey platinum member hotel staff free shuttle service park and fly choose this hotel
Reviewed July 24, 2018

This hotel was so easy to access from the NJ turnpike. It was late and Anthony at the front desk was able to get us a room safely located near the entrance to the hotel asking us very courteously if there was anything else we'd be needing. As it was quite late when we checked in, he was also able to arrange a later check out, by one hour, so we could sleep longer before getting back on the road. I would definitely plan to stay here again on another trip from NY back to MD or to continue exploring New York City. We went to a concert at the Barclays Center in NYC and it was only about 30 min. outside of the city.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed July 16, 2018 via mobile

Originally in a dump down the road, management found this for a group of us. It was a blessing. Staff was friendly, pool was decent, restaurant was convenient. Walking distance to fast food, food, and shopping for necessities.
In the morning Anthony offered anything needed to start the day with a "good morning". Asked Everytime I passed someone if they could get me anything.
Overall pleasant stay.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed July 8, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here after returning from a trip to London. There were stains all over the carpet, ottoman, sink, etc. as pictured. My kids slept in their clothes as were did not feel that the room was clean. The type of hotel room in which you feel cleaner not taking a shower in.

If I could give it zero stars I would. A true shame that this is branded as a Holiday Inn as I would not think it would qualify to their standards.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
NYCCR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Carteret - Rahway, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Please allow us to apologize for the over-all observations you had during your stay. It is regrettable that we fell below your expectations. This is not the typical experience our guests have grown to love over the years. We want to assure you that our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. Your feedback is very much appreciated. Please be reassured that your comments have been shared with the housekeeping and maintenance staff to make sure they go over this particular room and clean or replace so we make sure this is not repeated in the future. Thank you for staying and we hope you will give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Reviewed July 7, 2018

my stay at the holiday inn was very good also the staff was great anthony that works overnight was very accommodating and helpful with my stay i stay very frequent andits always a pleasure when i come in and see him.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled solo

Dear Johnsonmonte257:

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Holiday Inn of Carteret. I am pleased to hear that you stay with us often, Anthony treated you well on this last check in and overall you have a very good stay with us. Being a frequent guest you can see that we do take great pride in our hotel and customer service. and we do appreciate the 5 Star recognition. We are looking forward to your next visit, safe travels.

General Manger

Reviewed July 6, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for one night after working in Point Pleasant. I had a flight the next day out of Newark, so it was easier to drive up the night before. Had a great time from the moment I walked in the front door. I was greeted promptly and thanked for my loyalty to holiday Inn. I’m a Platinum member and stay at Holiday Inns at least 50 to 75 times a year. Room was clean, shower was amazing(I hate the lack of water pressure at most hotels) and bed was perfect. I will certainly be back and look forward to my next visit here!!!!

Stayed: July 2018, traveled on business

Dear jfharris86:

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Holiday Inn of Carteret and for being an IHG Rewards Platinum member, we do appreciate your loyalty. I am pleased to hear that from the moment you arrived you were acknowledged, your room was clean and you had an amazing shower and a great nights rest. We do take great pride in our hotel and customer service and it is so nice when a guest takes the time to acknowledge the staff and their efforts. We are looking forward to your next visit!