“Ok, but not the Top Tier of Holiday Inns”

Holiday Inn Carteret - Rahway
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Carteret
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Ok, but not the Top Tier of Holiday Inns”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Right off the nj tollway, which is cool, but the hotel is kinda old and in need of an update. Rooms are ok, ac is kinda loud. Service was fine, nothing special. Good location to newark and or airport, only 10 mins on tollway. Also quick access to Brooklyn or Wall St area via Verrazano Bridge.

Room Tip: Get a non-smoking room, the smoking ones have a heavy heavy smell of smoke in them!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
kathy000, General Manager at Holiday Inn Carteret - Rahway, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear Bruce P.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our hotel. I am happy to hear you found the staff friendly and the location convenient. I want to ensure you that your comments are very important to us. We rely on our guests to let us know how we are doing and do target the areas of concern and take the necessary steps to remedy them.

We do value your business and welcome you back in the future.

Kathleen F.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Tuftonboro, NH
Reviewed April 18, 2014

A bit dated on the outside and the hallways, but rooms had everything and were neat and clean. Staff was helpful and friendly, really seemed to want the stay to be pleasant for us. As a platinum member I was offered a free "breakfast buffet" did not realize (no one told us and they were out of the coupons) that this could be used towards 20% off the real breakfast. What they call a breakfast buffet and apparently charge non platinum members for was about as poor an excuse for breakfast as I have run across. Some sort of "egg" squares, we weren't really sure what to think of them and that famous shaved bacon that you can see through. Generally, the HIEs we stay at offer 3-4 times the spread (choices) to everyone for free. This was bad enough that they would be better off not offering it. There is a restaurant on premises, I would assume they have a good food, wish we had tried it. Other than that disappointment, decent place to stay when traveling. We didn't use it, but the work out room was well equipped!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
kathy000, Manager at Holiday Inn Carteret - Rahway, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear John R:

Thank you for being a Platinum member and for choosing the Holiday of Carteret, we do value your membership. We sincerely appreciate your business and thank you for sharing your comments during your recent stay.

Your feedback is very important to us and we are happy to hear that our staff provided you with helpful and friendly service and that you found your hotel accommodations to be comfortable, neat and clean. We are sorry to learn of your disappointment with the breakfast buffet that was offered to you. We pride ourselves in providing quality food and have immediately addressed your concerns with our kitchen manager and have already upgraded some of the menu items.

Again, thank you for your comments and if there is anything we can do to make your next stay more enjoyable, please feel free to contact me directly at 732-541-9500 extension 300.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed February 19, 2014

The girl at the front desk crystal was great very helpful the rooms were great very clean and very quite even the food at the restaurant was amazing the server chelce was so nice I would recommend them and I will definitely be back for another stay. Even the girl who checked me out Mary was nice great stay over all

• Stayed January 2014
kathy000, General Manager at Holiday Inn Carteret - Rahway, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Dear Mairveria2116:

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your amazing experience with our hotel and restaurant. We pride ourselves in customer service and are very happy when we exceed your expectations. We take a lot of pride in serving fine cuisine and service in Julian's Restaurant as well. I will share your comments with the entire staff to encourage continued efforts in guest satisfaction. We look forward to welcoming back in the future.

Kathleen F. General Manager
Annandale, Virginia
Reviewed January 23, 2014

This was my second visit in the last few months. The staff was very friendly the Manager Kathy was the best. She always has a smile, she remembered me, and let me know she "genuinely appreciated" that I chose to stay at the hotel again. The rooms were clean, restaurant has great food free parking and internet. I would highly recommend and stay again!

Room Tip: I prefer second floor
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Simon S
kathy000, General Manager at Holiday Inn Carteret - Rahway, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear Simon S.,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your delightful experience with our hotel. We pride ourselves in customer service and are very happy when we exceed your expectations. I will share your comments with the entire staff to encourage continued efforts in guest satisfaction. I do appreciate your loyalty and look forward to welcoming back in the future.

Manahawkin, New Jersey
Reviewed January 22, 2014

stayed last night because of the snow storm in new jersey . rate was good but oh my when I went into room it felt like a blast furnace. This hotel has the old fashioned heaters in the wall. . Even when you set the thermostat to the blue you get heat. I'm sure it would cost a fortune to fix/replace but you won't find me going back . You don't get a comfortable nights sleep. It is fairly quiet and the front desk is excellent and the restaurant though bar food type is very good and the service is excellent. Rooms are dated at least the one I had and the pillows are a joke. The refrigerator in the room made so much noise I unplugged it. Internet worked great and its free. Stay if you have to but there are choices around the area. look into them.

Room Tip: find another hotel
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
kathy000, General Manager at Holiday Inn Carteret - Rahway, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear Richard R.

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay at our hotel recently. I am very sorry for your experience and I did look into what events led to the room being uncomfortably warm upon arrival. Our area was facing unexpectedly cold weather, and in order to keep rooms at a comfortable temperature for guest’s arrival, management decided to leave all room heaters on low. Unfortunately, it appears that for your room, it was inadvertently set higher than thought. Regarding the other points you raised, I assure you that I will personally look into the issues and take the appropriate action.

Again, I deeply regret the experience you had with us and I hope you will give our hotel another chance and allow us to earn your praise in the future. I am confident our hotel and staff will exceed your expectations on your next visit. Please feel free to contact me personally to discuss your issues in greater detail at 732-541-9500.

Portland, Maine
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Been to the Holiday Inn of Carteret many of times due to I have business in the surrounding area, Friendly staff, clean rooms, and access to the turnpike, but on December 5 2013 there was a train derailment that had hazardous materials aboard, they did not leak but there always that potential for a disaster. We where informed by the staff that we will be a evacuation of the hotel, The hotel staff went beyond meeting expectations due to severity of the situation, there concern for our safety was very much appreciated, Thank You Again, K James

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Kevin James:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our hotel’s evacuation on December 5th. We do take pride in making sure every guest feels safe and secure when they stay with us all the time. Situations like this fortunately are rare and I am glad we were able to return to the hotel within a few hours. Once again, thank you for your thoughtful comments. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you in the future.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Pros:
-Very friendly check-in staff (Mohammad) who offered to call cleaning lady and help me switch the room to non-smoking (I booked a smoking room by mistake)
-Fast Internet
-Keurig machine in room
-Good-quality bath amenities
-Fridge and Microwave Oven available
-Beds are comfortable
-Reasonably priced breakfast and meals and drinks, although I didn't try
-Seems to have frees shuttle around, although I didn't use
-In-room heater is quiet and works efficiently

Cons:
-coffee mugs were dirty
-poor appearance of lobby
-the only power outlet through the desk lamp was not working
-Room was not properly heated when I arrived
-Cleaning was going on in surrounding rooms when I arrived, and dirty towels, etc were being thrown everywhere in the hallway
-overall old and low-quality furniture

I'd give a 3.5 stars if available

Room Tip: watch out not to book a smoking room.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
kathy000, General Manager at Holiday Inn Carteret - Rahway, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear Duxingzhe:

Thank you for taking the time to share the "hits & misses" you found at the hotel. I want to reassure you, that your comments are very important to us. We rely on our guests to let us know how we are doing. Comments like yours permit us to target the areas of concern and take the necessary steps to remedy the situation. I have shared both the hits and misses with the management and staff of the appropriate departments and want to reassure you that this will not be repeated in the future. I hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Kathleen Falkiewicz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carteret
Hotel Executive Suites
Holiday Inn Express - Staten Island West
Holiday Inn Staten Island
Holiday Inn Staten Island
#4 of 7 in Staten Island

Been to Holiday Inn Carteret - Rahway? Share your experiences!