“Excellent staff”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Carteret
Orlando, Florida
“Excellent staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

The girl at the front desk crystal was great very helpful the rooms were great very clean and very quite even the food at the restaurant was amazing the server chelce was so nice I would recommend them and I will definitely be back for another stay. Even the girl who checked me out Mary was nice great stay over all

• Stayed January 2014
kathy000, General Manager at Holiday Inn Carteret - Rahway, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Dear Mairveria2116:

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your amazing experience with our hotel and restaurant. We pride ourselves in customer service and are very happy when we exceed your expectations. We take a lot of pride in serving fine cuisine and service in Julian's Restaurant as well. I will share your comments with the entire staff to encourage continued efforts in guest satisfaction. We look forward to welcoming back in the future.

Kathleen F. General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Annandale, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

This was my second visit in the last few months. The staff was very friendly the Manager Kathy was the best. She always has a smile, she remembered me, and let me know she "genuinely appreciated" that I chose to stay at the hotel again. The rooms were clean, restaurant has great food free parking and internet. I would highly recommend and stay again!

Room Tip: I prefer second floor
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Simon S
kathy000, General Manager at Holiday Inn Carteret - Rahway, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear Simon S.,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your delightful experience with our hotel. We pride ourselves in customer service and are very happy when we exceed your expectations. I will share your comments with the entire staff to encourage continued efforts in guest satisfaction. I do appreciate your loyalty and look forward to welcoming back in the future.

Manahawkin, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

stayed last night because of the snow storm in new jersey . rate was good but oh my when I went into room it felt like a blast furnace. This hotel has the old fashioned heaters in the wall. . Even when you set the thermostat to the blue you get heat. I'm sure it would cost a fortune to fix/replace but you won't find me going back . You don't get a comfortable nights sleep. It is fairly quiet and the front desk is excellent and the restaurant though bar food type is very good and the service is excellent. Rooms are dated at least the one I had and the pillows are a joke. The refrigerator in the room made so much noise I unplugged it. Internet worked great and its free. Stay if you have to but there are choices around the area. look into them.

Room Tip: find another hotel
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
kathy000, General Manager at Holiday Inn Carteret - Rahway, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear Richard R.

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay at our hotel recently. I am very sorry for your experience and I did look into what events led to the room being uncomfortably warm upon arrival. Our area was facing unexpectedly cold weather, and in order to keep rooms at a comfortable temperature for guest’s arrival, management decided to leave all room heaters on low. Unfortunately, it appears that for your room, it was inadvertently set higher than thought. Regarding the other points you raised, I assure you that I will personally look into the issues and take the appropriate action.

Again, I deeply regret the experience you had with us and I hope you will give our hotel another chance and allow us to earn your praise in the future. I am confident our hotel and staff will exceed your expectations on your next visit. Please feel free to contact me personally to discuss your issues in greater detail at 732-541-9500.

Portland, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

Been to the Holiday Inn of Carteret many of times due to I have business in the surrounding area, Friendly staff, clean rooms, and access to the turnpike, but on December 5 2013 there was a train derailment that had hazardous materials aboard, they did not leak but there always that potential for a disaster. We where informed by the staff that we will be a evacuation of the hotel, The hotel staff went beyond meeting expectations due to severity of the situation, there concern for our safety was very much appreciated, Thank You Again, K James

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Kevin James:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our hotel’s evacuation on December 5th. We do take pride in making sure every guest feels safe and secure when they stay with us all the time. Situations like this fortunately are rare and I am glad we were able to return to the hotel within a few hours. Once again, thank you for your thoughtful comments. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you in the future.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

Pros:
-Very friendly check-in staff (Mohammad) who offered to call cleaning lady and help me switch the room to non-smoking (I booked a smoking room by mistake)
-Fast Internet
-Keurig machine in room
-Good-quality bath amenities
-Fridge and Microwave Oven available
-Beds are comfortable
-Reasonably priced breakfast and meals and drinks, although I didn't try
-Seems to have frees shuttle around, although I didn't use
-In-room heater is quiet and works efficiently

Cons:
-coffee mugs were dirty
-poor appearance of lobby
-the only power outlet through the desk lamp was not working
-Room was not properly heated when I arrived
-Cleaning was going on in surrounding rooms when I arrived, and dirty towels, etc were being thrown everywhere in the hallway
-overall old and low-quality furniture

I'd give a 3.5 stars if available

Room Tip: watch out not to book a smoking room.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
kathy000, General Manager at Holiday Inn Carteret - Rahway, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear Duxingzhe:

Thank you for taking the time to share the "hits & misses" you found at the hotel. I want to reassure you, that your comments are very important to us. We rely on our guests to let us know how we are doing. Comments like yours permit us to target the areas of concern and take the necessary steps to remedy the situation. I have shared both the hits and misses with the management and staff of the appropriate departments and want to reassure you that this will not be repeated in the future. I hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Southbury
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

Stayed with two rooms last week as we needed to be in Staten Island early the next morning. We were able to book to adjoining rooms which was incredibly helpful with our four month old. The hotel's flexibility to get us adjoining rooms was very much appreciated. We ordered room service that evening for 4 adults and the restaurant manager helped deliver and insure the order was correct. Food was very good and all cooked to our preferences as specified in the order.

Rooms itself were average, housekeeping seems to cut corners when vacuuming. Any areas where the crevice tool would be needed were skipped and had been skipped on multiple occasions. Biggest gripe was lack of communication with the housekeeping staff. Starting at 8:45am on a Saturday they would know on our door to see if they could get in to clean the room. We were due to check out that day! We told them then we would be leaving at 11am and they could come back then. Less than half an hour later different housekeeper came by and knocked on the door to see if they could clean the room. We told them again we were leaving at 11am and to come back then. It then happened a third time about a half an hour after that! Poor inter-departmental communication. I honestly wouldn't have written a review at all if this didn't happen. Front desk and restaurant were very helpful, courteous and accommodating but housekeeping needs to sit in on the training sessions that the front desk and restaurant are getting. Fix the housekeeping issues and i would improve this to a very good hotel instead of an average hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
kathy000, General Manager at Holiday Inn Carteret - Rahway, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear SVFA87:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I am happy we could accommodate your need for adjoining rooms. We are also pleased that your experience with the front desk and your restaurant experience went well. Please be reassured that your concerns with housekeeping staff have been shared with the entire department and appropriate action has been taken to ensure this will not be repeated in the future.

We do value your business and hope your will continue to use the Holiday Inn as your lodging choice in the future.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

After travelling for several hours, my buddy and I stopped late at night for some sleep. Front desk staff was friendly and we checked- in quickly. Room was clean and bed was comfortable. Room was very dry though which dried my sinuses. No breakfast was not available here but McDonalds is right around the corner, on the other side of the highway. No frills but location was just perfect for us.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
kathy000, General Manager at Holiday Inn Carteret - Rahway, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Smrtcar:

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your recent experience at our hotel. It is our ultimate goal to provide the highest level of customer service. We are pleased that you found your overall experience a pleasurable one at this location and were able to get a good night’s sleep. Our hotel does have a full service restaurant; Julian’s and is open daily for breakfast from 6:30 AM until 11:30 AM with a reasonably priced menu.

We thank you again and hope to have the pleasure of serving you should your travels bring you back to our area.

Kathleen Falkiewicz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carteret
Hotel Executive Suites
#5 of 7 in Staten Island
Home2 Suites Rahway
Home2 Suites Rahway
#1 of 4 in Rahway

Been to Holiday Inn Carteret - Rahway? Share your experiences!