“Exactly what we were looking for” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Carteret - Rahway

Holiday Inn Carteret - Rahway
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Carteret
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Exactly what we were looking for”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

After travelling for several hours, my buddy and I stopped late at night for some sleep. Front desk staff was friendly and we checked- in quickly. Room was clean and bed was comfortable. Room was very dry though which dried my sinuses. No breakfast was not available here but McDonalds is right around the corner, on the other side of the highway. No frills but location was just perfect for us.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
kathy000, General Manager at Holiday Inn Carteret - Rahway, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Smrtcar:

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your recent experience at our hotel. It is our ultimate goal to provide the highest level of customer service. We are pleased that you found your overall experience a pleasurable one at this location and were able to get a good night’s sleep. Our hotel does have a full service restaurant; Julian’s and is open daily for breakfast from 6:30 AM until 11:30 AM with a reasonably priced menu.

We thank you again and hope to have the pleasure of serving you should your travels bring you back to our area.

Warmest Regards,
Kathleen Falkiewicz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Keene, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for two nights recently and I have to say I travel often and was very impressed with every part of my stay. I had dinner in the restaurant a few times the food was great a little pricy but I enjoyed each meal. My room was clean, The bed was very comfortable. The hotel manager and staff made you feel like you were family. They seemed geninuly apprecative that I choose to stay at this hiotel. I have to say it was one of my more enjoyable hotel stays in a long time. I will be back!

Room Tip: Rooms have microwave and fridge
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Tom H:

We do appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your delightful experience with our hotel. We are very appreciative you did choose our hotel over any other hotel in the immediate area. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff to reinforce continued efforts in providing great customer service.

Once again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to having the pleasure of serving you in the future.

Warmest Regards,
Kathleen Falkiewicz
TEQUESTA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed here for one overnight driving from Florida to Long Island. Main "selling point" is it's location right off the Turnpike. It was more expensive ($142 /night) than most "pull-in's" and I didn't feel we received any "extras" for the extra dollars. Upon check-in as a "Priority Club member", there was no additional recognition other than inquiring about our #. My husband even had to request an additional discount through AAA or AARP at which time we were adjusted from $149 to $142...not the usual 10%.

A benefit was a restaurant on premise so we wouldn't have to get back in the car after 2 days of driving. Maybe we should have...Justin's was just OK. It was a Friday night and only 3 others there. The first bottle of white wine we ordered was definitely "off" and then we were told the next bottle wasn't chilled. We ended up having a bottle of red with our meal since there was no chilled white! (There is a bar and you can get a glass that's chilled there.)

All in all, I would not go out of my way to stay here again,especially since there are better choices in the area.

Room Tip: Even though the main highways are all around, the rooms/windows are sound proof and quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JupiterAnn53
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Carteret - Rahway, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear JupiterAnn53,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your recent experience with us. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. I apologize for the shortfalls during your recent stay with us. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

I stayed at this Holiday Inn for one night after I missed my connection at Newark Liberty airport (EWR) and wasn’t able to get another flight to Europe until the following night.

This hotel is ok, though I’ve stayed at much nicer Holiday Inn. The outside appearance is typical of most roadside hotels/motels in the US. The hallway looks a bit dated so I was bit apprehensive about the room. Especially as the door was stuck and I had to put a little force to open it. However, the room itself is much nicer than I expected from my first impression. Granted it was a first impression made late at night after a very long day at the airport.

The room I was in was clean and quite large with two full size beds. Beside the standard desk, chair, TV, there is a mini-fridge and a microwave in the room. The bathroom was also big and clean. And there is an extra sink with mirror right outside the bathroom door. This is a very nice feature when there is more than one person staying in the room.

There is free WiFi, but no free breakfast. You do get a 20% discount coupon to use in the restaurant inside the hotel. The food is ok. But since I only had a light breakfast I don’t know if everything else is ok. There is also a pool at the hotel, but I wasn't there long enough to make use of it so can't comment on it.

The staff at the hotel was nice and helpful.

I think there are 2 other Holiday Inns near EWR with one less than 1 mile away. This airport Holiday Inn looks much nicer from the outside (you can see it from the Airtrain station); however, it is more expensive. The Carteret Holiday Inn is about 7 miles away and does have free shuttle service to EWR (about 10-15 mins without traffic), as do all the other hotels nearby. Each Holiday Inn has its own shuttle so make sure you get in the right one.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank mn143p
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Carteret - Rahway, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear mn143p,

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

What are the odds coming up from Florida to visit family that we would be seeking refuge from Hurricane Sandy? We were forced to stay at the Carteret Holiday Inn since our family we were visiting had no power nor did the rest of all the surrounding towns due to the storm. Holiday Inn had power since they were smart enough to invest in a back up generator. The hotel staff from housekeeping to the restaurant was the most accomodating we have experienced in recent memory. You would never have known there was a hurricane taking place and that more than half of the state was without power. The room was clean and our linens were laundered daily. The restaurant was small and quaint with an exceptional menu, quality and taste to die for. There wasnt really much for the kids to do since the pool was outdoors and closed but probably would have been closed anyway being that it was the end of October. We had no intentions on staying at the hotel or any hotel during our visit but considering the circumstances and state of emergency the state was under we were fortunate that we chose the right place to stay. The Carteret Holiday Inn sheltered and cared for our family in a time of crisis that we will forever be greatful for. Thanks to all at the Carteret Holiday Inn!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank bigcoin
Springfield,NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

I've never stayd @ this hotel but I pass it all the time, the only advice I can give is your GPS depending on the age of it may give you round about directions. This isn't because of your GPS, that road recently under went a major Constrution & is completly different than b4. Directions: coming from the NJ turnpike, north or south, pay toll & go hard to the right & the hotel is right on the right side next to the turn pike. Depending on your GPS & age will be a great factor on location of this hotel. The only definit review I can give is that this hotel is a main hub for alot of truckers & other working with trucks type of people but again I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT CONDITION THIS HOTEL IS ON THE INSIDE!

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank Hotelbody
Kansas City, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

The 3rd shift (2a.m.) desk staff was very friendly and accomodating. The building is dated, but upgraded. The room was clean with modern bedding. Although, upon entering the room....there was a smell that hinted there may be a sewer back up somewhere. It was WAY too late with a planned early morning to make a room change request. As friendly as they were at the front desk, my bet is they would have handled accordingly. The room and location served it's purpose for the need that particular trip.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway.....can be noisy.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carteret
Hotel Executive Suites
Home2 Suites Rahway
#1 of 4 in Rahway
Hampton Inn & Suites Staten Island
Holiday Inn Express - Staten Island West

Been to Holiday Inn Carteret - Rahway? Share your experiences!