“Can't do better than this”

Hotel Executive Suites
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Carteret
North Las Vegas, Nevada
“Can't do better than this”
Reviewed November 14, 2009

This is an excellent hotel, and when you consider the >100.00/night rates, it really can't get much better. It is a newer hotel in Carteret, NJ. All the facilities are in excellent condition and the service is impeccable. It is a little far from Newark airport, but they provide a free suttle, so that is not a problem. The shuttle can also take you to the Rahway train station, which is also not particularly close, but it works out good if your goal is to get to New York City. Overall, this was a great stay and I recommend it thoroughly.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Maryland
Reviewed November 3, 2009

I booked a king, non-smoking room and was originally sent to a double / double room. I went back down to get another room and was given a king, accessible, smoking room. This was a big disappointment as I had made these requests clear on my reservation and called in advance. I was too frustrated to go back down and wait in line a third time. The rooms are ok - some modern features and some throw backs to the 80's. Sound-proofing is not great - I could hear the entire conversation of man next door on the phone to his family and could also faintly hear the respondent. The restaurant food was awful. I ordered a cheeseburger - waited a long time for it and was given a very dried up slab of meat with a disentigrated slice of cheese. My waitress obviously got distracted somewhere because she did not show up again after she dropped my food off. I eventually went to find her behind the bar doing some clerical work. After a few minutes I got her attention to pay my bill. I then experienced further delay as another waitress used the only computer to enter an order for 5 people. I was then told that I would have to go to reception for my receipt??? I told the waitress how disappointing the food was and she said sorry (not much help) and said that she would tell the cook (again, not much help to me). Poor service - I am typically a Marriott user, but wanted to give Radission a try - will not use Radisison again.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Carteret hotels

Salt Lake City
Reviewed October 5, 2009

I took our family to visit NY and decided to stay at the Radisson because it was less expensive than staying closer the city. I am sure glad that I made the decision.

When we first arrived at check in the gal that was there was extremely pleasant and nice. She asked how many travelers were with me. I told her that I was with my wife and two young children. At that point she took it upon herself to upgrade me to a suite! When we went to the suite it was extremely clean and well taken care of. It was around 900 pm when we finally got settled into the room and decided to eat dinner at the hotel restaurant. I had gone into the restaurant to get a table when the bar tender let me know that it had closed but we were welcome to sit in the bar. I was hesitant to do so considering I have young children. But when he saw that I had kids he opened the restaurant just for us. I couldn't believe the customer service and friendliness that was extended to us. I would stay in this hotel again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank brimhallfamily
toronto
Reviewed August 6, 2009

We enjoyed our stay in this hotel. Great location, the room condition is good, and price is great value. And we still had complimentary breakfast buffet which was generous by the way!

The only thing that I didn't like, and it might come as a tip, is the direction of getting to the hotel. Avoid taking the local road as even with Google Maps, we were still lost for an hour. Get there via I 95, pay the toll, and you'll get there in no time!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
toronto
Reviewed July 20, 2009

Rooms and washroom in very clean condition.
Location very good and close to highway.
Shuttle service is good and its 24 hour.
Hotel Lobby nicely decorated.
Free Parking-lots of it and parking lot is not all dark, infact the restaurant is open late.
Bonus I paid 84 per night, and that includes approx. $10 breakfast.
Closer to train station, my advice take shuttle to train station to go manhattan new york approx. 30 minute ride and avoid traffic and parking cost(train ticket is 7/person.
Very close to NJ Outlet Mall (20 min drive), Sttue of Liberty(approx25 min.)

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank raybToronto
USA
Reviewed July 13, 2009

My fiancee and I recently stayed at the Radisson the night before a flight out of the country from Newark Airport. We chose it based on location and the fact that they offer long term parking and free shuttle to the airport. UGH! What a disappointment.

First, they don't offer secure parking. We just parked our car in their dark lot and took our keys. Usually hotels have a secure lot and take the keys. Needless to say, my fiancee worried during vacation that his car wouldn't be there when we returned.

Second, we were told when I made the reservation as well as when we checked in that the shuttle left "every hour on the hour" and to be downstairs on the hour to catch the shuttle in the morning. The next morning, we were downstairs 15 minutes to the hour (just to be sure). There was no one at the desk. We waited about 7 minutes for the employee to come to the desk. When we told her we needed the shuttle, she rudely told us that he just left. I recapped the information that I was given regarding the shuttle leaving every hour on the hour. She again, rudely and abruptly, said "well, you didn't make an appointment". I requested that she call the driver to estimate his return time. After several calls, the driver arrived. He informed us that he had to pick up someone else. Naively, we believed he was helping out another hotel. Instead, however, he ventured into the nearby city and picked up a young man standing on a street corner. Shouldn't the shuttle be used for hotel guests only? Not only did this feel unsafe, it surely didn't seem like it was legimate!

Thirdly, when we returned home after our vacation, we were informed to call the hotel when we arrived at P4. As instructed, we did this. We then sat there for over an hour waiting for the shuttle. I had to call the hotel three times, only to be told that "he would be right there". Then, finally, I was told that the "driver got a little confused and should be there in a minute". Fifteen minutes later, he arrived. THe shuttle he was driving was not professionaly marked "Radisson". It only had a small sign by the foot of the step that was ripped and hanging that said "Radisson".

Overall, the hotel was convenient and the accomodations were nice. Unfortunately, however, the shuttle service was a disappointment and the staff not so helpful. If you just need a room, you probably won't have a problem, but if you are looking for safe long term parking and shuttle service to the airport, it is worth spending a little extra money to stay at a hotel at the airport. I surely wouldn't chance it again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia
Reviewed November 29, 2008

Very comfy room, convenient location, just of NJ turnpike. Easy to get to NYC from here.

Clean room with sleep number beds.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carteret
Holiday Inn Carteret - Rahway
Holiday Inn Staten Island
#4 of 7 in Staten Island
Wyndham Garden Newark Airport
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport

Been to Hotel Executive Suites? Share your experiences!