“really good value”

Hotel Executive Suites
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Carteret
Reviewed May 23, 2014

A little farther from the airport, but also more reasonable. The room was very nice...clean and quiet. The front desk staff was very helpful. Really appreciated the full, hot breakfast that was included. We arrived late, but no problem getting the shuttle from Newark airport.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mosaicarol
Richard S, General Manager at Hotel Executive Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Thank you for your kind review of our property.

We are pleased that we could meet and exceed your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel the next time you come to the NY area.

Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

We had a pleasant stay. Everything with was decent with the room. The hotel was very busy and full but we still got a good night of sleep. Whitney at the front desk went above and beyond. She shows exactly what customer service is all about. It makes staying at a hotel much better when you have staff that help with all your needs.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Nicole E

Thank you for your kind words. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay.

As Cape Liberty Cruise Port is about 20 minutes from our hotel in the town of Bayonne NJ, we have many guests who stay at our hotel before and after their cruise. Shuttle service can be arranged a day or two prior to arrival with just an e-mail or phone call to the hotel.

Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

Was very apprehensive reading all here reviews online but when I reached there...I was surprised.

Conveniently located on the main freeway with a super front desk helping you out in every possible way, this place is more than a motel. It fits in between a hotel and a motel.

Super spacious, nice bathroom with all amenities and flat screen TV, clean and so simple...I loved every bit of my stay and thought it could make so much of a better chain than other lousy ones in America. But sadly it is just a single hotel.

But I recommend it completely close to the Newark airport which is a value for money deal. Go for it!!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your review. We were very heartened to hear that you had a good stay with us and will come back.

No we are not part of a chain. We are independent and can move nimbly to respond to guests needs and requests. Our very many return guests recognize that is a very positive aspect of our hotel.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

My wife and daughter stayed here for 1 night before flying out. The promotion offered I believe up to 7 days of free parking.
We checked in after 7pm and there was only one person working at the desk so check in took a bit of time as there were 2 checkins ahead of us.
The room was clean and very nice. We always make it a point to check the bed sheets and bathroom floors.
The bed was comfortable and we didn't hear any noise and the free wifi worked without any issues.
We only got something to drink in the breakfast area on check out so I can't comment on the selection or quality of the food.
Had the hotel been closer to the airport I would have given it an excellent rating for this particular stay. Closer means quicker shuttle drop off and pickup times. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank jerseytraveller_8

Thanks for your kind words about the hotel.

We are glad you enjoyed our shared service with Park Sleep and Fly, where you can overnight with us, park more economically at our facility and then be shuttled back and forth to Newark Airport for your flight.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

I stayed here about a month ago. Please take my advice, and don't stay here. Upon arrival, it took the front desk clerk 3 times to get my keys correct. Once I finally get up to my room, there were seaman stains on the couch. I called down to get my room changed, and once I got into my second room, I was shocked. Seaman stains on the bed and couch. My sister works for a hotel, and they take pride in their room keeping. It boggles my mind how a hotel could offer 2 rooms with seaman stains, as acceptable. On top of that, there was molding carpets near the bathroom.

I called down to the front desk, and explained that this was not a 3.5 star hotel as described, and if they could not provide me with a sanitary room, I wanted to check out. The front desk employee explained to me that there was no manager on duty since it was night time, (I thought in a hotel there had to be a manager on duty at all times) and that I would have to check out in the morning.

The next morning I spoke to the manager, and explained that I wanted a refund because this hotel was disgusting. He explained to me that since I stayed the night, he was unable to offer a refund. I explained to him, I had wanted to check out, and attempted to check out, but there was no manager there to authorize the early checkout!

I lost an entire day of vacation the following day searching for a new hotel. I even attempted to contact the hotel a few days later, but to no avail. I have stayed at a lot of bad hotels in my day, but I have NEVER asked to check out early, or for a refund. I got a note from priceline (the booking website I used), saying they were sorry for my bad stay, but they would upgrade my room the next time I was there. Maybe the "upgrade' means a clean room with no seaman stains or moldy carpets.

I know the manager of the hotel will respond to this saying, "we take pride in our hotel, this didn't happen" or "this guest never attempted to contact us during their stay", but you can make your own decision on what really happened. Honestly, please don't stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sam R
Richard S, General Manager at Hotel Executive Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Thank you for sharing your guest experience. We are disappointed that you did not enjoy the hotel as the vast majority of our guests do.

We take very seriously all Housekeeping issues and please be aware that after reading your comment the owner and GM personally viewed any of the possible issues with stained upholstery or linens. We found no such evidence or residue that would earn us the dubious title "Worst Hotel I Have Ever Stayed At".

As we have spent the winter months steam cleaning upholstery and rugs in all spaces while bringing in new linens and fluffier towels, we are active in our pursuit of refreshing the hotel at every opportunity. That includes a top of the line European key card machine that acts just as finicky on some days as a Jaguar or Maserati.We apologize for the hassle but the chinks are now mostly worked out.

If you or any other guest is unhappy with the property upon arrival there is of course no problem that we would have in graciously allowing you to check out early. We are confident that you will be the rare traveler who chooses to do so.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

It was by chance that we booked into this hotel online and frankly we would have never looked in this particular area specifically!
The front desk staff is very kind and friendly! The room is clean and the bed is comfortable for the 5 nights that we stayed there! The breakfast is served in a nice ball room but the food could be better in both the quality and variety.
The location is somewhat awkward for our visit to Jersey but it is relatively close to the airport and the turnpike.
I am not sure most would find the location attractive but I would expect an indoor pool for a 3 star hotel in any case! All in all we may stay there again if the opportunity arises!

Room Tip: This is a six storey hotel and we found the 5th floor rather quiet!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tsangs53
Richard S, General Manager at Hotel Executive Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Thank you for your review. We are very glad that you enjoyed staying with us for five days.

As many of our guests come to the NY/NJ metropolitan area on business they appreciate the convenience of our location, As we are near to the airport, I-95, bridges and tunnels to NYC as well as hundreds of businesses locally, the overwhelming majority of our guests will overlook the fact we do not have a swimming pool on site.

We do however have a reciprocal agreement with RWJ Fitness, which is a 5 minute shuttle ride from the hotel. RWJ have a newly constructed multi million dollar sport and swimming facility that our guests may use for a small nominal fee.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

i was there in february and was quite pleased with the room i had. its nice to have a fridge there, but i forgot my sodas in it! is located by the N'J turnpike bu the noise was not a problem.
Staff was helpful and polite :).
all i want to say is, fluffier towels, but was more than enough owels and the selection of shampoo bottles and such was good, since i forgot mine at home. breakfast was good.
im coming back to the hotel soon again, since its very cheap to get around to here and there .plus i had a GREAt view to the sunset :)

Room Tip: choose the 5th floor.because of the sunsets when the weather is clear
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Richard S, General Manager at Hotel Executive Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Thank you for sharing your guest experience with us. We are very pleased to see our regular mainstream guests writing reviews on this site, such as they do in great numbers on the other hotel booking sites.

Unfortunately because of the scarcity of reviews from our mutual TripAdvisor guests who stay at our hotel, if there is a disgruntled guest the picture can sometimes look a little cloudy. We greatly appreciate the posting with your kind comments! And yes we have a new whole new stock of fluffy towels making their way into the rooms...

Also consider these accommodations in or near Carteret
Holiday Inn Carteret - Rahway
Comfort Inn Staten Island
Comfort Inn Staten Island
#4 of 7 in Staten Island
Wyndham Garden Newark Airport

Been to Hotel Executive Suites? Share your experiences!