“Great value”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Carteret
Ellicott City, Maryland
“Great value”
Reviewed July 20, 2008

We stayed at the Carteret Radisson one night on route to visiting colleges in NJ and NY. It was convenient and exceeded our expectations. The number bed was a delight and the property was furnished tastefully, incluiding fresh flowers everywhere in the lobby. The desk clerk was very friendly and the attached restaurant was very good. We would stay there again, especially at the $119 price!

• Liked — The decor
  • Disliked — No refrigerator in the room
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank Nurps

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Washington, DC Area
Reviewed May 13, 2008

I was a bit skeptical after reading some reviews but stayed at the Radisson anyway. I'm gald I did. The other hotel in Carteret - Holiday Inn - is currently going through major construction around the entire hotel. It looked like a mess outside. Not that the Radisson is in the best location - the front faces the freeway - but it was very quiet inside. Room was nice and clean. We had the sleep number beds and to be honest - I wasn't impressed. We ate dinner at the hotel restaurant and it was good. We were the only ones in the restaurant at the time so the service was great and the people seemed very nice. I didn't think the prices were that bad actually.

We actually ordered breakfast via room service the next morning...a little expensive. We were traveling w/ a baby so it was the best option for us. Room service was pretty quick and once again, food was good. Vending machine (Pepsi) was pricey! $2 for a soda/water. There was a wedding reception in the hotel so I thought we may hear some of the party/people but we didn't. Hotel was very quiet during the night.
I will be staying here again if we go back to Carteret.

• Liked — location, cust service
  • Disliked — the hair dryer in the room.....not powerful!
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
USA
Reviewed April 5, 2008

This Radisson GAVE AWAY our confirmed, paid reservation and relocated us to a new hotel the first night of our stay. This is after I had called the hotel about five times prior to our arrival to confirm the reservation. That is not how a reputable business should treat customers. The breakfast service was poor, as was the service at the bar and grill on the hotel premises. I would definitely suggest staying at another hotel if visiting the Newark area.

Stayed April 2008

Travelers are raving about these Carteret hotels

CT
Reviewed February 4, 2008

I recently stayed here using the park and fly program. The room was very nice and the staff friendly.
However there was one HUGE problem. They do not provide secure parking for you vehicle. We parked our vehicle for 11 days as part of the program. You just leave you car where you park it and take your keys with you.
I have used this type of program at other hotels and they take your car to a SECURED parking area where it is guarded and kept under lock and key.
Well guess what. Someone tried to break into my vehicle. I am now unable to open my driver’s side door from the outside. I guess I should just be happy that they were unable to get in or my vehicle would have been gone upon my return.
This area has one of the highest vehicle theft rates in the country. Not providing a secured parking area for this type of program is unacceptable.
If you want your vehicle to still be there when you return from your trip (or at least not damaged) do not stay at the Radisson Hotel Carteret.

• Disliked — someone tried to break into my car while parked as part of the park and fly program!
  • Stayed January 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
PA
Reviewed January 10, 2008

Radisson Carteret had a cruise/park shuttle program that I used in December on 12/2/07. Our drop off shuttle driver had alcohol on his breath. Our ship, the Explorer arrived late on our first day and arrived later on the last day to the port causing a tremendous traffic mess. Our driver said that he himself will not participate in the pick up process at the pier because of the traffic. The manager herself had to drive one couple as the shuttles were full. On our day to be picked up, we waited 4 hours for a pickup from the Radisson after hundreds of phone calls from the 28 cruisers waiting for pickup. The manager only arranged for 2 shuttles holding 8 passengers each that had to wait in hours of traffic to even get to the port. She knew this ahead of time, yet did not arrange for a shuttle/bus large enough to accommodate all 28 pax to be waiting at the port for us. We waited outside in 37 degree temperature for 4 hours. No lie. Some waited over 5 hours, we were more fortunate.
This manager never returned my email or phoned me. Corporate Radisson came thru with a refund of the shuttle portion of our stay and they were professional in every way. Because of the management at the Radisson Carteret not returning mail, email or phone calls, I say stay away from there.

• Liked — The room was very nice.
  • Disliked — The manager.
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
5 Thank I_Stayed_Here09
reading
Reviewed December 27, 2007

the hotel stay was fine at this hotel and it was convenient as we were flying out of newark airport. the hotel has a restaurant and a bar. our only real complaint was that it took the hotel shuttle almost an hour to retreive us from the airport and their airport shuttle only runs once an hour.  we have stayed at other newark airport hotels with much more efficient shuttle service. we would probably not stay here again because of the shuttle.

• Liked — park and fly option
  • Disliked — slow airport shuttle
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
Bamberg
Reviewed December 20, 2007

We stayed fie nights at the Radisson and we had a loely stay there. The rooms are very clean and quite, the staff is very nice. Just the lady that seats everybody at breakfast is not unfriendly but rude. The Sportsbar is fine, but in our opinion not cheap. The good thing is that they drive you for free to the busstop to N.Y. and to a giant outlet mall next to the airport, and they pick you up and drie you to the airport for free.
We felt very save there and enjoyed our stay a lot.
Thank you Radisson and merry chrismas!

• Liked — Rooms
  • Disliked — Waitress at breakfast
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carteret
Holiday Inn Carteret - Rahway
Hilton Garden Inn New York/Staten Island
Home2 Suites Rahway
Home2 Suites Rahway
#1 of 5 in Rahway

Been to Hotel Executive Suites? Share your experiences!