“Loved it”

Comfort Inn & Suites Carney's Point
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Carneys Point
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Loved this hotel and would echo all of the positives pointed out by other reviewers. In particular the management were delightful, the room was super clean and the location excellent. Great breakfast too. Got great food delivered from Giovanni's.

Room Tip: When I looked on the internet it said there were no rooms but phone direct and I'm sure they'...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Traveling from Maine to DC, I didn’t really want that typical experience: a chain hotel surrounded by convenience stores and chain restaurants and gas stations. Other reviewers mentioned the rural setting of this Comfort Inn, and that sold me on booking a night. Directions for finding the hotel from the north are accurate— pass the end of the NJ Turnpike to find the Deepwater exit. After checking in the hotel, I thought someone must have broken the no smoking rule for the room I was assigned, but the hotel clerk graciously and quickly changed our room. The décor, amenities and design of this hotel caught my attention. I don’t usually care a lot about the décor. Despite the rural location, the (admittedly faux riche) elegant décor pleased my eye. The architect obviously thought about how people use hotels:
Bathroom towels have their own recessed shelves (you don’t have to shuffle clean ones around on the rack, or risk bumping one into the commode.
Don’t you love those drenching showers you don’t allow yourself at home for green reasons? The intent was to supply an adjustable, multi-configuration shower head, but ours didn’t adjust. (Plenty of water, though.)
The breakfast area is a separate, bright, spacious-feeling glassed in room. You don’t feel that you’re shoe-horned into part of the reception area. (Breakfast, however was quite plebian—everything of the pre-packaged variety—even the perfect yellow circle “eggs.” Coffee was pretty good, though.)
The hotel is located smack dab between two busy highways, and I worried about traffic noise all night, but the soundproofing was great! I slept soundly.
I really appreciated the 4 pillows on my queen bed. Two were smaller than standard, but served me well I like to cuddle up with one at my back and one to drape my arm over. The fourth I tuck between my knees.
To my great surprise and relief, the room-darkening drapes completely blocked out the intensely bright security light directed at the building’s outer wall, directly adjacent to our window.
Looking around at adjacent properties, I was pleasantly satisfied: a small group of unassuming private residences, a small apartment complex, and, to my great delight, an equine farm. I guess you don’t say “horse” in NJ. Directly across the road from the hotel is a well-maintained, small farm with a couple standard horses, a Shetland pony, and three donkeys, one of which was a the sweetest, bulb-browed, nursing baby. The babe cavorted after its breakfast while I watched. There were wild turkeys, and other wildlife to take in at times, too. Note: the weather during our stay was hot and sultry with no wind-- perfect conditions for smelling anything foul emanating from the farm, but we smelled nothing indicative of animals living nearby. I took a morning run back up the road and along the adjacent secondary highway. An easy run, I felt safe, and you probably could run for a ways more. For the price, this hotel was a delightful find.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Stayed in this hotel twice on business. Decided between the few hotels in this area to stay at the comfort inn. I was not disappointed and pleasantly surprised. The couple running the hotel are very friendly and very conscious of making their hotel top notch. Friendly atmosphere, cleanliness throughout and a nice breakfast to start the day. I highly recommend this hotel.
It is not on the main road so at first when driving towards it you may think you are in a residential area. You are, but so is this hotel. Well worth it!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We travel to/from Rhode Island and Florida twice a year. This hotel is right off the turnpike and makes it convenient to stay with our small dog. We have been here a few times in the past and have noticed a decline. This is especially true with our most recent stay.

This past stay, the routers went down and the wifi didn't work. Certainly out of the hotel's control, but annoying none the less. Room was shaggy and dated. But what was more concerning was the cleanliness. In addition to hairs left in the bathroom, there was a crusty toe nail on the carpet next to the bed. Last I checked, a clean room should be a given. Not something that you have to ask for.

I will say that absolutely everyone at this hotel that we have spoken to was friendly and polite. We appreciate that and will give this place another shot. Certainly hope there is an improvement.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Andrew R
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We had misgivings when booking for extended stay and coming from Ga. We are very pleasantly surprised. Will write a full review in a couple weeks. Family owned and operated. We will review again in a couple weeks.

Room Tip: Front of hotel is away from highway
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Clean room, nice bedding, pizza delivery place the front desk recommended was awesome, very friendly service, quiet hotel off the road, shower was hot but didn't have much water pressure, breakfast was hot and very good. Very nice for a road side hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for bisiness. The elevator smelled aweful and my room smelled funky. The room was outdated. The sink was cracked, there was rust or crud around the metal stability bar in the shower. The carpet outside my door was loose and buckled creating a trip hazard. The only good things about this place were a clean comfortable bed, a decent breakfast and friendly, helpful front desk staff. I had booked for two nights but worked a long day so I wouldn't have to spend another night there. You would be better of staying at the Holiday Inn express down the street.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Clarion Hotel - The Belle
Clarion Hotel - The Belle
#6 of 12 in New Castle
Holiday Inn Philadelphia South-Swedesboro

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Carney's Point? Share your experiences!