Stayed one night in late July. Hotel is right off of NJ Turnpike, but far enough that the traffic noise will not bother you. There are several gas stations with convenience stores right nearby. Hotel has 3 stories and about 80 recently updated rooms. Our room was a cozy-sized 1 king, with a nice LG 42" LCD TV (no pay-movies available, but HBO was free). The room had contemporary decor, dark green carpeting with light beige wallpaper. the desk and armoire was a dark walnut color. There is a small fridge and microwave next to the armoire, along with a coffee maker and free instant coffee packs. The room had good reception for free high-speed internet. The bed has 4 pillows, marked "soft" and "firm" depending upon type. Bathroom was large, with plenty of amenities (shampoo, conditioner, lotion, soap bar, shoe shine, make-up remover). My only complaint with the room was that the AC unit is very loud (even on the "low"setting) and cycles very often (2-3 times an hour). If you are a light sleeper, this may be very bothersome.
Breakfast is served in the lobby area from 6am-10am. The staff was attentive in keeping the service area clean and updating food items. We saw coffee (french roast and decaf), tea (5 kinds of teabags), hot chocolate, a juice machine (orange, apple, and cranberry) various baked goods (bagels, danishes, small muffins), a cereal station (3 kinds), a hot station (cheese omelettes, sausage patties, biscuits, gravy) and a fridge stocked with milk, yogurt and boiled eggs. Of course, they had Holiday Inn Express' signature cinnamon buns, the aroma of which filled the lobby when you get off the elevator and into the breakfast area.
The hotel was no fitness room, but will provide you with a complimentary pass to a nearby facility, about 5 minutes by car.
Overall, I am satisfied with the quality of the room and breakfast here. Especially since my rate was $98 per room/night, it's an extraordinary value. The front desk staff was courteous and quick during check in and check out, and was helpful for any questions I had during my stay. I would stay here again if I was in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Carneys Point NJ Turnpike is conveniently located at the New Jersey Turnpike and the I-295 junction. We are situated at the foot of the Delaware Memorial Bridge, a convenient stop over location for North-South Turnpike or I-95 traffic. We are also one half mile from DuPont Chambers Works and the closest Holiday Inn Express to the Salem and Hope Creek Nuclear Plant. Hotel features include complimentary continental breakfast and free local phone calls. Enjoy a unique breakfast experience at our new Express Start Breakfast Bar served every morning featuring a selection of fruits, juices, cereals, breads/pastries, and even hardboiled eggs. We have also created the world's best tasting cinnamon roll. Visit Carneys Point , NJ and stay smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, IHG, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Carneys Point reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Carneys Point Hotel Carney`s Point
- Holiday Inn Carney's Point
- Carney's Point Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Carneys Point NJ