“Outraged”

Holiday Inn Express Carneys Point
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Carneys Point
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I am a Priority member and have stayed in many Holiday Inn Express throughout the South East. To my dismay I booked a one night stay in Holiday Inn Express at Carneys Point on Feb. 18, 2012 while visiting family. During the course of the morning I felt something on my leg in which I kicked my leg seconds later I felt something on my leg again. Turned on the lights and I was horrified to see an insect which appeared to be a roach in the bed. We immediately got up, shook all of our clothes out and checked out of this location. We did notify the attendant Feb. 19, 2012 of our experience upon checking out. We called and left a message for the General Manager Feb. 20,2012.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Jewel J
IHGCare, Guest Relations Case Manager at Holiday Inn Express Carneys Point, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2012

Dear Jewel J,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry about the experience you had at our hotel.
This is not what you would expect when staying here. Our goals is to have the highest standards for service and cleanliness. I would like to discuss this further. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more info about your stay.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed November 26, 2011

Decided to stop here for the night with our two dogs on the way to New York for Thanksgiving. We were pleasantly surprised with how clean and comfortable our room was, with its king size bed. Location was perfect for us to continue our trip the next morning. Had the complimentary breakfast in the morning - steer clear of the eggs, but the rest was edible enough. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed November 13, 2011

I have stayed in many HIE's throughout the northeast. Most have clean affordable rooms with relatively new furnishings. Not this one, the mattresses feel if they are original to the hotel (2000). The staff are unaware of their purpose, housekeeping are loud and noisy as they go about there job.These are the little things that make or break your stay. Don't forget to bring your wallet, this the most expensive hotel in the area, In my opinion, not worth the money.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Jeff1135
Reviewed October 14, 2011

This is not a new hotel but the rooms were comfortable, clean and provided pretty much all I needed for my extended stay of more then 15 days.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Gene D
Reviewed August 8, 2011

I stayed here on. Trip down south from New England, this was a resting point for a night. There was not much to do around hat I found, but I was hardly looking. When I checked in the clerk at the front desk was high- not a great first impression. The maid service also kept continuously knocking on the door in the morning, though I could had put the "do not disturb" sign up. The hotel is off of the NJTP but in a slightly confusing way. The rooms were nice enough, newly renovated but still had signs of the old holiday inn look. The bathroom was large and inviting. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Isend2C
Reviewed June 30, 2011

It was very nice. The staff was extremely nice. Breakfast was good, just get there early! It didnt have a pool, because it's an express. It's close to everything, but its away from the craziness. It was very relaxing. I would go there again and highly recommend it!!

Room Tip: I was on the 1st floor. Get a odd # room
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank prd2bama
Reviewed August 24, 2010

We stopped in well before regular check in time and were given a room without hassle. The room was very clean, breakfast was good, hotel was quiet and the front desk folks were professional and friendly. Very easy access to 295 and a selection of gas stations were close.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
Super 8 Pennsville/Wilmington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Downtown Wilmington - Legal District
TownePlace Suites by Marriott Swedesboro Logan Township
Holiday Inn Philadelphia South-Swedesboro

Been to Holiday Inn Express Carneys Point? Share your experiences!