“Missing jewellery from room =sad vacation”

Hampton Inn Carlstadt-At The Meadowlands
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Carlstadt
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Only the second time I have ever been to the New York area; although a Visually appealing hotel to be at " my jewellery going missing out of my room" was devastating.
Hotel doesn't care and it appears nothing has turned up in lost and found
( almost smirked when I typed "
lost and found" )
Wish this hotel cared, but costumer emails are so generic and depressing!
Some of the jewellery from my mother;1920's GONE !
Never to be back again , and the BUS TOUR guide is sad and embarrassed it happened on their tour.

Stayed: May 2014

Reviewed May 31, 2014

Ease of getting to Times Square from hotel was great. Free parking also included. If you drive to New York this is a great place to stay. Buses run about every ten minutes right in front of hotel. $8.50 round trip. Very easy ride.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

I stayed at this hotel to attend the Electric Daisy Carnival at Metlife Stadium. I enjoyed the free shuttle. The breakfast selection was bigger than I anticipated, so many great choices. Staff were helpful and room was clean.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I've picked this hotel based on the reviews, and I'm glad I did! Amazing and friendly service, spacious and clean rooms, and the location is great!! The hotel offers free parking and hot breakfast, which was delicious and had a great variety. We took the bus directly across the street from the hotel to NYC for $8.50/roundtrip, and It was a comfortable and quick ride, probably took about 10-15min? The hotel staff gave us a print out of the bus schedule, and off we went! We got off at Port Authority where you can walk, take the subway or cab around the city. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank JnD_1218
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Overall, this Hampton was a very good choice for a family reunion, since some members stayed at nearby hotels. I would stay here again since it was quiet, and convenient, and a good value. The beds were comfortable, it was clean, and the breakfast choices were good.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank 411virginiar
Reviewed May 25, 2014

My husband and I had an appointment scheduled for a visit to the 9/11 Museum on the second day of their opening and had no idea of the awful traffic we were to encounter getting to New Jersey, so we were running very late. We attempted without success to reach the Museum to explain our predicament and were very frustrated when we could not reach someone. We called the Hampton staff en route and they told us it was about a 1 1/2 hour trip from the hotel to the museum by train. We arrived at the Hampton at the same time we should have been at the 9/11 Museum. However, the staff went to work, shuttling us to the Secaucus train station, giving us directions on exactly how to cut that time in half. The manager, Joe, told us not to worry about check in. We could do that when we came back. He said to call when we returned to the Secaucus station and they would pick us up. When we returned to the Secaucus station, their courtesy shuttle was tied up at the airport. They apologized profusely, asked if we would mind taking a taxi back to the hotel, and they reimbursed us for our inconvenience. Now that is what I call service.

Our 3 room suite with jacuzzi was immaculate and very comfortable. It had everything we needed including a microwave, coffee maker, refrigerator, bar, 2 T.V.s, and lots of towels and accessories.

The complementary breakfasts at the Hampton Inn are always plentiful, hot and delicious. The manager remembered us personally which is always a nice touch. When I was relaying our story to a good friend of ours she told me she always stays here when she comes to New York.
I guess we picked a good one. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Three room suite well worth the money
2  Thank vade713
Reviewed May 18, 2014

This is the place to stay if you are attending any event at the Meadowlands. Shuttle service is excellent - no stress in going to the venue or coming back. Even provide service to local restaurants!! Clean rooms, friendly staff, coffee and fresh Danish in the lobby, great breakfast selections.

3  Thank MBSHEPTAK
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carlstadt
Homewood Suites by Hilton East Rutherford-Meadowlands
Residence Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#2 of 3 in Carlstadt

Been to Hampton Inn Carlstadt-At The Meadowlands? Share your experiences!