Econo Lodge
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Carlstadt
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Was very pleased with the hotel. Easy to find off the highway. The bathroom was modern, and my grandson loved the tubs. This room was better than the room I stayed in at the Luxor in Las Vegas. I loved the extra towels and the room had a nice refrigerator and microwave. Very cool set up with the continental breakfast. I was very pleased with my stay as well as my family. I am a Choice privilege member and I was very satisfied with my stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Eylem N, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Thank you so much for your compliment. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to see you in your next visit.

Best regards,

Mrs. Eylem Naik

Reviewed April 6, 2013

I booked that hotel online because I thought it was affordable and it is not far from New York which is true. However the staff are so not professional except for that lady called kairun. When I checked-in I was received by this receptionist named Raj. He had such a mask face not even smiling! I'd ask him questions and he would give me the shortest answers ever or would just say aha! so not helpful! then I got in my room and the AC was terribly noisy! I called this guy Raj to ask about how the internet works and he would pick up the phone saying "Allo" in an Indian accent! He wouldn't even say reception or front desk; it's like he is talking to a friend or something! then when I finish the call I'd thank him and he would just hang up without even saying something like no problem or you welcome...nothing! So rude! There was another male receptionist that was ok. When I checked out it was that Srilankan lady named Kairun which was very nice and kind. All-in-all; this hotel is convenient for a one night stop not more!

Room Tip: Don't stay in room# 281, the AC is terribly noisy! I had a terrible sleep in that room!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Eylem N, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear Sir;
I would like to apologize for your unpleasant experience in your stay with us. We greatly appreciate your input for our hotel and staff. I wish you would contacted the front desk agent about the AC problem so that we could have fixed it right away. I am making sure that all our front desk agents are getting the proper training so that our guests would not experience what you have had. We hope to see you in your next visit to NY and serve you better.
Mrs. Eylem Naik

Reviewed April 5, 2013

i stayed in this hotel for 3 weeks , this front desk is very kind and helfpul, check in and check out is fast,especially Raj, is always ready to give advice to my questions and the room is clean and quite , it is convient to take bus 161 to the NYC, i breakfast is good and served very early at 6:30 am. also the rate is very good price fo weekly stay.
i surely will come back next time when i visit the company office .

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Highly recommend this very well run hotel. We were greeted and taken great care of by the general manager Ray and her staff. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. I had plenty of pillows, a big screen TV, and wireless internet.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

I have stayed at the EconoLodge - Meadowlands for in excess of 1.5 months due to water damage at my home and have been treated with courtesy by each employee that I've had occasion to deal with. I find Raj to be particularly amiable and helpful. He is available to answer questions and provide whatever service is required, in addition to being extremely motivated to do a great job both for EconoLodge and the guests. It has been a most pleasant stay and the rooms are very comfortable and clean. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend EconoLodge to family and friends.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I found the hotel staff to be very helpful and responsive to my requests in particular
Raj who works the front desk. He has always done a good job with booking
reservations and special requests like faxing, extra pillows etc.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

We give this hotel the highest positive rating possible!! We have never been treated better. Very clean rooms, beds, and bathrooms. Great continental breakfast....safe neighborhood...close to NYC...great information for site seeing...NYC tour bus pick up location

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Arika B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carlstadt
Hampton Inn Carlstadt-At The Meadowlands
Red Roof PLUS+ Secaucus/Meadowlands
Extended Stay America - Meadowlands - East Rutherford
Rodeway Inn Meadowlands
Rodeway Inn Meadowlands
#14 of 15 in Secaucus
Holiday Inn Express Meadowlands
Fairfield Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!