We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights on our way home from a tour in Jordan and Israel. It was so nice to be back at an American hotel that did not smell like cigarettes :-) We flew into the Newark airport from Tel Aviv and drove straight to the hotel. It was about a 20 minute drive from EWR. We were greeted by a kind receptionist who offered us a free upgrade to a mini-suite. The suite was great; it had a small kitchenette, dining room table, and large bathroom. The breakfast had decent choices and was always kept well stocked. Some days we loved the breakfast, some days we didn't. The breakfast items changed every day. But it came free with our stay, so we didn't mind.
Bus Routes 163 and 164 on NJ Transit stop a block away from the hotel. We personally didn't think the neighborhood was bad and had no problem walking to the bus stop every morning and evening. The round trip ticket to the port authority and back to the hotel was $8.50 per person. The bus stopped very frequently so we never had to wait long. The receptionist also gave us a bus schedule.
This was a great hotel. The price was very reasonable and the convenience to EWR and NYC can't be beat. We ate at 2 restaurants close to this hotel during our stay (mostly we ate in NYC), Vesta and Lulu John's. Vesta was a wood-fired pizza place that was somewhat pricey but had great gourmet pizzas. Lulu Johns was a traditional NJ pizzeria that sold by the slice: the slices were cheap and delicious. I would definitely recommend both places.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just minutes away from New York City and Izod Center, the Holiday Inn Express & Suites is your best choice in Carlstadt. You ll find the things that are most important to whether you re here for business or pleasure. The Holiday Inn Express & Suites is the ideal destination. Imagine having all the space and tools you need for business, high speed Internet, 24-hour business center, faxing, and copying is available to you. And if you re here for pleasure you are just minutes away from Garden State Plaza Shopping Mall, Secaucus Outlets, great dining locations, and at the end of the day enjoy our indoor heated pool for relaxation. No matter what brings you to the Holiday Inn Express & Suites your room is your personal retreat. The key word is comfort with great bedding, modern dÃ©cor and all the cable, sports, and movie channels you need. The Holiday Inn Express & Suites is a favorite business and leisure visitors to Carlstadt and we want to become your favorite too. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, IHG, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Meadowlands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Meadowlands Hotel Carlstadt
- Holiday Inn Express Carlstadt
- Holiday Inn Carlstadt
- Carlstadt Holiday Inn