“Great for watching migrations!”

Cape May Point State Park
Elkins Park, Pennsylvania
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Great for watching migrations!”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I love coming here in the Fall! A few years back I came here on an Ecology field trip - we came on a perfect day... literally hundreds of raptors were flying overhead and there were people there to help us identify them. There were also bird releases so that we could get a closer look at some of the birds passing through on their way south. During that trip I also saw pods of dolphins and tons of butterflies.

This time around the conditions weren't as favorable but we did still see 10-20 raptors, plus lots of butterflies and dragonflies. No dolphins this time around, but now I'm just being greedy.

There is a picnic pavilion, as well as public restrooms, plus easy access to the beach. There's also a little visitors pavilion with various turtles/terrapins, snakes, frogs/toads, etc. so there's always something to see.

I don't know why I don't make it down here every Fall! Call me a nerd, but I thought it was a perfect mini date for me (an ecology nerd) and my boyfriend (a shutterbug)!

Visited October 2012

Delaware
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“birds and butterflies”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

in late september, the 100s of birds and 1000s and butterflies travel by, and the park naturalist are very informative

Visited September 2012
Hartsville, South Carolina
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Beauty at the Shore”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

It is hard to find areas along the Jersey that are not developed and open to the public, this is one of those places. There is no charge to just enter the park and enjoy the beach and marshes. There is a charge to go up the Lighthouse. You can go on the beach, walk around the marsh and learn about nature at the shore. It is a great place for children to learn and enjoy it at the same time.

Visited September 2012
elsinboro
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“great place!!!!”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

great place to take the family. quiet. no huslte and bustle. no swimming allowed though. but a great piece of nj history.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank justal0cal
Mendham Township, New Jersey
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 105 helpful votes
“Educational, Pretty, Quiet Beach”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We spent a couple of days at this free, quiet, clean beach (unprotected so no swimming). Exhibits were interesting. Bird watching was nice.

Visited August 2012