“Baked goods”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Red Store

The Red Store
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: The Red Store is located in the beautiful neighborhood of Cape may Point, serving Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. The Red Store features local products and produce creating a fresh, eclectic and seasonal menu.
Delaware
“Baked goods”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

My husband and I love to stop here early in the morning and buy muffins and coffee to eat sitting on the benches out front or across the street in the park. My husband's berry muffin this year was bursting with blueberries and strawberries and had a very delicate crumb. I tried something new, a delicious "butter bun"....layers of tender dough with a lovely buttery taste. I also saw pain au chocolat and regular cinnamon buns. Wish I could have had one of everything.

Philadelphia
“Best Brunch Ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

Maybe it was the perfect weather, sitting out on the deck, at the beginning of a short getaway that got me in the mood, but this was an amazing meal. Interesting green drinks, a pancake with corn and crab, best taking crispy bacon all combined for a great meal. Can't wait to return for lunch or dinner.

“Always delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I went for breakfast and enjoyed everything as usual. This is one of our favorite spots in cape may! We both ordered the Latino... Rice, black beans and pico de gallo, perfectly fried plantains, breakfast potatoes and two eggs any style. On the side they have fresh crema and guacamole.

Cape May
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“can't go wrong!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

I have eaten here several times for all three meals and I am always beyond happy. I don't mind paying a little more for their inventive menu and great portions. Not to mention the QUALITY of their fresh ingredients. Here is what I just posted to their facebook page:
i just wanted to stop by and say that my husband and son and i ate there for breakfast this past sunday, and it was OUT OF THIS WORLD. we aren't new customers, and we are ALWAYS more than happy there, but this last visit was OUTSTANDING- we had the red store pancake (topped with and egg) the chorizo torta and the banana bread french toast- plus juices and smoothies to go.

Kennett Square, PA USA
“How many flies would you like with your tacos?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

I am so sad to write this review because my hubby and I have always loved having lunch at the Red Store. No more! We had lunch there on Friday, 5/31 with several other tables of humans and FLIES! I counted a minimum of 10 flies in the tiny dining room at one time; however, there were many more that I just could not keep up with! We were watching other tables of diners swatting the flies away as they were trying to enjoy their meals, as were we! My hubby and I were itching from the continual FLIES landing on our arms and heads! I also observed that this restaurant is not as clean as it was last year..... sticky dining table, stained bench cushions, crumbs and stuck-on food between the cushions on the long bench and FLIES. I used the restroom there and was surprised to see a silver chain with a silver padlock on a closet door ~ something you would see in a high-crime area in Philly. This is not the Cape May that I've known and loved.

The food is still very good; however, I just cannot give this restaurant a good review because of the filth in there. Unfortunately, we will not return. :(

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank bouncingbunny
Lucas M, Owner at The Red Store, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
My god, what an embarrassment, so sorry that you and your "Hubby" were discussed by our adorable place. To be honest, first time that I heard this one, that there is flies, uses there are, well just to let the tripadvisor users know, the red store is located in the most magical place, Cape May Point, pretty much a wildlife protected area where unimaginable variety of species, birds, flowers, trees, and our good friend, The Fly, spend most of the spring and fall, not even mentioning that we are surrounded by marshes, the Delaware River and the Atlantic Ocean. Usually with ground winds the flies spend most of their time on our beautiful southern shore areas, but to be clear, this flies are not city flies, this ones are just flies from the woods. Just as an example, buy a shrink laser, one of those that you see in the movies and shrink a seagull, then you will have a restaurant full of tiny seagull, probably same if you do it with hungry humans with wings, if you shrink them, you will have a restaurant full of tiny hungry humans trying to attack your delicious chorizo Torta.
I swear we try, open doors, cape may point and beautifully setting, will attract awesome customers, not that awesome customers and flies....