“Premium Class”
Review of The Red Store

The Red Store
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Red Store is located in the beautiful neighborhood of Cape may Point, serving Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. The Red Store features local products and produce creating a fresh, eclectic and seasonal menu.
Hershey, Pennsylvania
“Premium Class”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This little restaurant located in Cape May Point is a real gem. It is a small place which has both inside and outside tables.

Note that reservations are taken for the inside only, and that this is a BYOB and Cash Only restaurant. An ATM is on site.

The waiter told us several times that the portions were "small". Perhaps people who are used to the chain restaurants have complained about the sizes. We found them quite appropriate.

My wife and I started out with the 'Tuna Tartar'. This was simply exquisite. Don't miss it! My wife then had the Farm Egg en Cocotte and I had the Fisherman's Stew. We both felt the dishes were excellent. The only downside with the food was the Alaskan King Salmon Salad and the Gelato dessert. They were nothing to write home about.

The Wait Staff was very friendly and informative. Time between courses was rather long in spite of the restaurant not being crowded.

Bring some wine and enjoy the dine.

2 Thank InsptrClouseau

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Amazing in every way!”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

The Red Store is our new favorite in Cape May County. We were a party of 8 and they sat us in the store which was just a delightful place to enjoy one of the best dinners we've had all Summer. The tasting menu started with Tuna Tartar that was one of the best I've had anywhere in the world. The next course was the grilled octopus and...ditto, one of the best I've tasted. The main course was the Tile Fish and it was also delicious. Our server was very pleasant, friendly and accomodating in every way. The Maitre d was also very friendly and welcoming. I would highly recommend the Red Store. We will be back again and again... Thank you all for a wonderful evening.

1 Thank IluvSIC
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“The Best Kept Secret Is Out!!”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Just had dinner last night and from the remnants of an old delapadated general store is a 5-star restaurant in Cape May Point. Sure the breakfast and lunches are awesome but the dinner was amazing! Where do you get 4 courses for $60+tip? Great ambiance in the quiet deck outside, and great service too! The word is dinners will be served through the holidays but hours will cut back to weekends in October.

1 Thank wrotnym
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Outstanding dinner!”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Heard the restaurant started serving dinner with a new chef who just finished a year at a cooking school in Paris in August. This did not disappoint and we left after a great meal-we had the 4 tastings menu-what a treat! We will be back and bring our friends and family.

2 Thank RPATKINS
Falls Church, Virginia
“I've Been Converted!”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I have to take back what I said a month ago. The Store/Restaurant is now under new ownership. Gone are the snotty looks, the feeling that by asking a question you are asking someone to donate a kidney, and gone is the arrogance. They've hired a real restaurant manager in Jackie -- a friendly, outgoing, vivacious, and hard-working manager. I watched her delegate and organize and keep the place moving -- all with a SMILE! Also, the breakfast sandwiches with the sweetened, almost "stewed" tomato are fantastic! I will go back and I do recommend this place now. The dinner seems pricey with a fixed menu, but the breakfast was great and they ahve turned the place around.

1 Thank chris g