“Honest Food, Honest Prices”
Review of Marge's Diner

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Marge's Diner
Cuisines: American, Diner
Reviewed February 11, 2014

If you look for Marge's Diner in Cape May Court House, you'll miss the place by about 5 miles. It's actually that far north of CMCH in Clermont, NJ where State Route 83 branches off from US Route 9. But I encourage you to look for it, because it's a good place to get a reasonably priced breakfast or lunch, well prepared. Don't expect it to look like the photo on this site. Glass top tables? Candles? Cloth napkins? Individual tables? You'll find none of those at Marge's.

It's a diner, and not a classic one with a shiny exterior and lots of windows and a long counter. This is a small place with a small U-shaped counter and some booths seating 2, 4 or 6. Maximum seating is about 50. But it serves good, honest food at good honest prices.

I eat lunch there with a friend about twice a month. We keep going back because you can't beat it. The diner closes at 2PM, but you can get breakfast until then. On my last visit I ordered SOS and the young waiter didn't understand until I clarified for him: creamed chipped beef. It's the second time I've had it there and I rate it better than most I've had, and the price is lower than is typical in Cape May County. I'm told that their omelets and pancakes are very good. Usually we get sandwiches which are always good and inexpensive.

A strange feature of the restaurant is that there are no restrooms.......at least, not inside. They are outside behind the diner and are rather rudimentary.

Service is usually good and fast. There is a parking lot that can accommodate about a dozen cars.

During the summer season, the diner can get rather busy, so there can be a wait.

Don't be put off by the outdoor sign and t-shirts that say, "Eat Here, Get Gas". You won't need AlkaSeltzer, years ago there used to be a gas station with the diner.

1  Thank practans

Reviewed October 7, 2013

I will never step foot in marge's diner again. The service was horrible, the food was blah and the waitress was rude and ignorant. She made me and my family feel like we were an annoyance to her. After we received our order she never once returned to the table to see if we needed anything else. I had to stop her and ask for the check and she rollef her eyes at me. If my three year old wasn't with me I would have definately told her how much of an ignorant BI@#H she was. I told the lady at the register what happened so I hope the correct actions were taken. If u want bad service and a rude waitress than this is the place for you. Otherwise please take my review seriously and eat somewhere else!!!!!!!!

1  Thank rayray1783
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

It's a small place with a decent breakfast menu. I ordered a waffle with raspberries and my husband ordered eggs benedict. They served me a waffle with mushy frozen raspberries on it. It was not edible. The eggs benedict were served on a burnt english muffin, which just destroyed the taste. Meanwhile there was a family sitting by us with screaming kids. They were loud and obnoxious. It was a terrible dining experience.

1  Thank emhgsh
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Took 3 adults, 2 kids out for breakfast, its a very small diner with not much room, my 3 yr old spilt his cup of milk by accident, the waitress poked one of the adults at our table and rudely said we would need to move so they could mop, understandable but she could have been nicer about it, then they didn't even offer to give him more milk. Waste of time and money. Would never go back.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Stopped for coffee, stayed for breakfast....yummy home cooked favors..... Seasonal choices for the pancakes...gotta try them.... My family tries to have breakfast there at least once per shore visit....great beer/soda can art hanging all over the restaurant . Stop in for a great meal