“Made Me A Believer In Bed and Breakfasts”
Review of Doctor's Inn

Doctor's Inn
Reviewed January 5, 2011

I was very hesitant to stay at a B&B. I had a few bad experiences. My husband coaxed me into giving it one more try. Much to my delight the Doctor's Inn remedied my distain.

I could not have asked for better service. Nicole was our hostess and she went above and beyond to assure our stay was pleasurable.

The food was excellent, the room was stellar (we stayed in the bridal suite). I could not find a thing to complain about it I tried.

The location is outside of town. It's about a 7 minute ride and I did not find it to be a hinderance in any way.

I hope you give the place a try and have as wonderful a time as I did.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 18, 2010

Beautiful, Stylish, Classy... A place you'll never forget.

Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 18, 2010

For my 50th Birthday my family treated me to a trip to Cape May ,NJ and my daughter wanted to be the family member to take me . I will never forget this trip, The room we stayed in was the Roger C Moore on the 3rd floor ,it was beautiful.Upon arriving to the Cape May Court area we became lost ,my daughter called the Inn for directions the Staff member stayed on the phone with her ,till we were on the street we needed to be to get there ,The breakfast we had each morning was outstanding our waitress was very courteous . My daughter and I were made to feel very welcome here ,we thoroughly enjoyed our stay

• Stayed: May 2009
Reviewed January 4, 2010

We were looking to spend some time at the shore during Christmas when it wasn't a heavy tourist time..so we'd have the place to ourselves. We didn't want to pay to be right in Cape May - those B&Bs are rediculous. We found the Doctor's Inn which is off of the beaten path but a close drive to multiple shores. We were welcomed by a very nice and a big, beautifal tree in the living room. We had a pleasant stay and would recommend this to any family/ friends looking for a getaway.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BrynMawrBabe
Reviewed October 24, 2009

The door was lock when we arrived and have to wait for an other guest who had the key to enter the premise.
Try to phone them on my cellular: Dont accept calls from phones thet are not identified
Thermostat in the room was defective could not stop the gas fireplace. Room become extremely hot
Breakfast is a buffet type not much selection

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jazzzhg
Reviewed October 12, 2009

Being from out of town, we didn't know that Cape May Courthouse is 25 minutes away from downtown Cape May and the beach. I thought I researched it well, but apparently, not. How is an out-of-town visitor supposed to know that a B&B listed online as Cape May isn't actually IN Cape May? This was one of a few frustrations with our stay at the Doctors Inn. Overall, it's a pretty facility, beautiful gardens and nicely decorated in the Victorian B&B style. However, it was the wrong choice for us. It might be the right choice for you, depending on what you're looking for.
I felt that the staff we met was pretty disorganized and frazzled. They were very accomodating for our late check-in at 10PM, but the next morning, we had to go searching around to find someone. When we asked if they had a map of Cape May, we were told "no" and "Hmmm...we probably should have those." Then when we were told that we weren't actually in Cape May, but it was 15 miles up the road, we were shocked. The staff member laughed and said that "a lot of people make that mistake."
I had hoped for a more welcome atmosphere, like I read about in other B&B places - where the owners actually sit down to eat with people and get to know them. I was looking forward to a friendly atmosphere. Instead, it was almost like a hostel - we came and went without really seeing anyone else. This might work for some people, but it wasn't the right fit for us.
As for the mattress comment below - the mattress are hard! REALLY hard! We stayed in 2 different rooms and both were rock solid mattresses with very little give. Neither of us slept all that well. Some people might like this harder type of mattress but it gave us sore backs/necks. I think it would be fine with an pillowtop liner or something.
Overall, I can't say that this is a bad B&B. It just wasn't what we were looking for and it didn't meet our needs. That might be my own fault for not understanding that Cape May Court House is not Cape May, but I believe that this is something they should make clear for outsiders who don't know the area. The breakfast was fine, and I appreciated that they had a variety of options (yogurt, fruit, cereal, hot & cold items). We enjoyed our day trips into Cape May and would love to return, but we won't stay here again due to their location.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bethberg12
doctorsinnkeeper, owner at Doctor's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2009

I think the main problem is the guest did not properly read our ad. We do not advertise that we are in Cape May. We adverise that we are in Cape May Court House. Many towns have similar names. There's a North Cape May, West Cape May and Cape May Point. All these towns are not Cape May City. We are very proud to be the only B&B in Cape May Court House. We cannot accept responsibilty for guests mistakes.
We try to respect people's privacy but we do socialize quite a bit. We were recently presented with a beautiful grandaughter and have been spending time with her. Perhaps that was when the Reviewer was a guest.
I have never received a complaint about an employee and it is possible that they were busy and seemed "frazzled". Fortunately we have a thrieving business and work very hard trying to give our guests the best service possible. I will consul our employees though.
Honest complaints will always be addressed and appreciated.

Reviewed May 15, 2009

We happened upon this wonderful inn by accident, and glad we did! Only stayed one night in the albert wood room. it had a steam shower and a fireplace, wow! we were greeted in the morning by smileing faces and eggs benedict. freshness, and attention to detail were evident. a quick stroll through the manicured gardens and off we were. comfortable beds, great breakfast, only down side was that we couldent stay longer.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Hyland Motor Inn
Hyland Motor Inn
#1 of 2 in Cape May Court House
Big Timber Lake Family Camping Resort
Big Timber Lake Family Camping R...
#1 of 5 in Cape May Court House

Been to Doctor's Inn? Share your experiences!