“Great Value for the Price”
Review of Hyland Motor Inn

Hyland Motor Inn
New London, Connecticut
“Great Value for the Price”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

My family of 3 stayed in the 2-story building, top floor, in a room with two beds and a separate kitchen & dining room. The kitchen had a stove, microwave, mini-fridge with freezer, and a coffee maker, as well as a full sink with detergent and kitchen towels provided. The cabinets contained dishes and pots and pans. Staff & owners all very friendly and helpful. Housekeeping staff asked us if we wanted any extra towels or anything.The place was filled on the first night we were there but very quiet. Plenty of parking. Good water flow and hot water for showering. Shady lawn area with picnic tables. Two comfortable chairs in the bedroom. Close to beaches and Cape May. We will certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: The efficiency type rooms in the 2-story building are lovely. We stayed on the top floor. There is a...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Lancaster, PA
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Positive: Nice flat screen TV. Kitchen in room is a plus. Cleaning staff friendly.
Not so positive: We checked in @ 10:30pm...I even called ahead knowing this was a Mom & Pop type place so they would know we'd be there at that time. Lady @ desk didn't smile, was rude. Room musty, carpet dirty. Charged WAY too much for what you get. I guess it was adequate....but the website makes it look nicer than it really is.

Room Tip: We picked this because of the great reviews here on Trip Advisor....but it just wasn't so great.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank irelands7
Cape May Court House, New Jersey
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Nice place to stay...not fancy but clean. Staff is always friendly.
Rooms are reasonably priced - I recommend booking early for the summer vacation - rooms fill up quickly.
Nearby to Cape May, Wildwood, Stone Harbor & Avalon beaches - about 20-25minutes or less in any given driection.
Off season (fall & winter) is also a good time to go. Very quiet! Fall foliage is awesome & Cape May is especially nice to visit around the holidays.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Philadelphia
Reviewed March 9, 2013

This is a nice little motel, very much an old fashioned motor inn of yesteryear. No, it's not fancy, but it's located in a great spot, clean, comfortable and affordable. My only complaint, and it's really not one, but the mattresses remind me of those in college dorms. They weren't very comfortable, but I have a great pillowtop mattress, so I am a tough critic. They called the day of check in to see what time we were arriving, and the person I spoke with was quite nice. The front desk attendant was so sweet and helpful. I'm sure it's even nicer in warmer weather.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
mahanoy
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We have stayed several times with family members and had no problems that the staff could not handle. The rooms were clean, kitchen worked well for our needs and had tv's in all 3 rooms. There is a very nice swimming pool which the staff keeps well maintained. Very convenient to the Parkway.

A family member also stayed a dozen or more times alone during 2012 (that's who referred us to the Hyland Motor Inn) and she said she found it to be a very comfortable,nice and a safe motel to stay at with the lighting outside the rooms and grounds very well lite. She said anytime she needed something she knew they where only a phone call away asking for what she needed and they would be right there taking care of it.

Thank You Hyland Motor Inn Owner and Staff

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Great food near by, Parkway entrance at parking lot exit. Attractions in all directions and one block from a hospital.
Swimming for all ages and very nice landscape and surrounding coupled with service by staff that is top shelf.
Easy paring at or near your room and some have kitchens.
Our family will return for sure. Thank you staff of the Hyland Motor Inn.

• Stayed May 2012
New Brunswick, New Jersey
Reviewed February 19, 2013

My third visit to the motel. It is just as good. Every time, it exceeded my expectations. This year they even put an ironing board on the wall of the closet. I look more professional and confident when I met people in town. I always like the landscape in front of my room No.123. When I looked out of the windows, I could see many pine trees in sight and other trees in the backyard. They were peaceful and beautiful in the moonlight. The room is spacious and of course,clean, and well-maintained. I enjoyed hot coffee in the room and the big fridge, watching the wide, flat-screen TV. The manager's name is Susan, a thoughtful person -- she will make you feel like home. I couldn't ask for more, really. I will come stay again for sure.

Room Tip: Easy access to the Garden State Parkway,too.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
#1 of 2 in Cape May Court House
Red Roof Inn Rio Grande
Red Roof Inn Rio Grande
#1 of 4 in Rio Grande

Been to Hyland Motor Inn? Share your experiences!