“Huge amounts of decent food and awesome salad dressing!”

Nino's Family Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We believe that quality fresh products are to be prepared in a simple and unique way, then served with pride and friendly service resulting in customer satisfaction. Our philosophy is very simple - genuine food and fair price. We are often imitated, but never duplicated.
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Plan on having lunch or dinner in take home containers you will have after you fill yourself with food here! The portions are enormous! The food is fresh, hot, and served by friendly people. It's pretty standard fare, average in taste, but that's okay. The creamy Italian salad dressing is awesome and better yet, available for take-out in pints and quart containers. It really is delicious house-made dressing and is a regular purchase for me now. Good place to stop for a decent meal at a reasonable cost. Reliable and consistent food and service and the place is clean. No alcohol here though!

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Wow!,Where do I start,we have given Nino,s a lot of trys,at least 5,no more.First the owner that night again was the Host,she runs to your table and does what I call the drive by yelling who your server will be for your table.Doesn't even look at you,or say enjoy your dinner,and she was the owner.She seated us at a dirty table,with left over food on the chairs.The busboys never ever cleaned the dirty cheese or pepper shakers,we had to ask for new and clean plates.The waitress yelled across the rooms at each other,and yelled many times by our table,which made my wife and I both jump-up.The both bus boys were Mexicans and spoke there language the whole time while we eat.Isn't this USA,I thought you should speak English.We both didn't feel good after we eat there,Tums,and Maalox that nite.As we left the owner was in the front texting and never said thank you,or have a good nite.Also it was very,very noisey in there too.Sorry another restaurant bites the dust in Cape May County for me.

2  Thank OutsiderCapeMayNJ
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Nino's Family Restaurant in downtown Cape May Court House is definitely worth coming off whatever barrier island you may be vacationing. It's less than 10 minutes from Stone Harbor or Wildwood and only a few minutes more from Cape May and Ocean City. Oh, and if you are fortunate enough to have a kitchen at your vacation site you'll definitely want to go there at least once during your week because you will be leaving Nino's with a doggy bag. I am a 200lb adult male who can chow down with the best of them and I have never once finished my meal in one sitting...that is the honest to God truth. Like many Italian chain restaurants they give you a hunk of Italian bread and a plate of dipping sauce. All the others give you some type of olive oil laced with Italian spices, but Nino's gives you a pleasant departure with their own marinara sauce. After eating that you get your dinner with enormous portions and you're are already admitting to yourself that there is no way you are going to be able to finish your dinner and you haven't even taken a bite yet. LOL You may be saying well that is nothing and there are plenty of places that give you a ton of food. Well, that too is true but many if not most of those places give you food that isn't of the highest quality or taste. It's one thing to chow down and eat like a hound at a cheap place but if you care about quality and quantity then Nino's is your place. Along with never having left without a doggy bag I can also say that neither I nor any of the folks who I have dined with have ever had a bad meal there. One last point, and I maybe shooting myself in the foot but here goes...if you get there during the "Early Bird" time then you get all of what I described above at an even lower price. It's just ridiculous. Oh, and here's the part I should be keeping to myself...if you can't make the early bird time frame then no worries because on Thursday night they extend that time to 8 or 9pm which for all intents and purposes is all night. I recently ate there and got the fried seafood combo. I priced it out in my head and figured I couldn't buy it cheaper than they put it on my plate. Did I mention the meal also comes with soup or a salad, your drink, and dessert? Can you tell I like Nino's a little bit?

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Let me state I really like Nino's restaurant in Cape May Court House. Not so much their sister restaurant, Nino's on the triangle, in North Wildwood.
I have been dining here for years, since 2000 ?, when they first opened, and the food and price have always been budget conscious.
You must try the daily luncheon specials priced from $6:75 to almost $10:00 dollars. Pasta dishes, salads, seafood, sandwiches that include french fries, cole slaw, or soup or salad, depending on your choice.
I remember, when they first opened, offering two fresh veal cutlets, probably coated in flour, sauteed with olive oil, tomatoes, onion, garlic, ( always lot's of garlic at Nino's ) and spices of Black pepper, oregano and I guess, the family secret blend.
The veal was tongue tender, full of flavor, and served with a lemon wedge. I don't particularly like veal, rarely order it out or prepare at home, but they make a great veal cutlet.
Included is salad or soup, bread, and a side of spaghetti with red gravy. The dinner salad is a big bowl of mostly ice berg lettuce, cherry tomatoes, slice of onion and cucumber. House dressing is creamy Italian, as I recall. Originally, this cost $6.75, but now is no longer available for lunch, I guess due to the cost of veal, but it's probably available on the dinner menu at a higher cost.
I have had their grilled chicken with salad ( they skimped on the bleu – cheese, not the best quality, but that's O.K. )
Most of the pasta dishes are excellent, and usually you have enough to take home for another meal. I did not care for the pasta with oil and vegetables, too bland. For me, it has to be a red, rose, cream, or white sauce.
If you dine here, and I think you should, I would recommend you order pasta , which is homemade, a great value, and is tasty.
For today's lunch, I ordered a cup of spinach and egg drop soup. A entree of ravioli with shrimp and a red sauce. Soup was very good, with tender spinach and egg mixed in chicken broth. Loaded with round noodles. It was just a tad too salty for my taste. I've noticed they have been adding too much salt to their soup's, and on one occasion, I sent it back to the kitchen due to the saltiness. Nino's should cut back on the salt in their soup and let patrons add their own. Hopefully, in the future, they will have sea salt available.
They also offer a pasta lavue ? Soup with beans and pasta in a pork ? Base broth,? Or is it chicken broth ? that is also very good.
Three slice of crusty bread accompanied my meal, very good with lot's of butter.
My main course of ravioli with shrimp, served on a plate, rather than a large bowl they usually provide. Red sauce loaded with garlic ( fine with me ) and spices. I thought the sauce a little underwhelming compared to past visits. Cheese ravioli filled with bits of green – spinach ? They may have been commercial ravioli, but decent quality.
A major disappointment were the shrimp. These were baby shrimp. Acceptable for this dish, let's face it, tangy thick red sauce is going to hide a lot of shrimp flavor, but I much prefer ex- large gulf shrimp. I'm sure the $7:75 cost influenced the Chef's decision on what size and type of shrimp to use. Serving portion was not as large as before, I don't know if Nino's is cutting back on serving size for economy's sake, or it was just this meal .I would not order this entree again, they have much better pasta dishes.
I had dessert there once, cake of some sort, tasted to commercial . I would only try dessert again if I was assured by the wait staff it was home made. Otherwise, go home and have ice cream.
Bottom line, everyone should try Nino's, at least the luncheon specials, and they also have early bird specials for dinner. The dining room is a large plain room with many tables and not much privacy. I would think dining would be loud and crowded at dinner. Maybe not the best place to impress a date, ( dig deeper into your wallet ) entertain business colleagues, ( company expense account, fudge the numbers for the I.R.S. ) or celebrate your parents 50 th. Wedding celebration.( Hock your 2000 dollar bicycle at the pawn shop ) With an extensive menu, moderate prices, and good, homemade ingredients, everyone in your party should be satisfied.
Hope this helps.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Our family was in wildwood for the car show on 9-21-12. My father lives in north wildwood and took us to dinner. he chose Nino's. we got to restaurant around 7pm and it was packed. we only waited about 20 minutes and my father kept telling us that is was big portions so he hoped we were hungry. we ate our salad and bread and then came the dinner. It was so much food that I could only eat a quarter of it. we were leaving the next day to go back to Virginia and I was not about to leave my left overs.. Our family ended up buying plastic containers at a dollar store and packing our food in a cooler. The dinner was wonderful and my son is already planning a trip to visit his grandpop so he can go back to eat at Nino's..Prices were very good also