“Consistently good”

Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Have been dining at the Bellevue for years (mostly lunch, occasionally dinner). The menu has something for everyone - from salad with spicy, crispy buffalo chicken to crab au gratin. The soups are always perfect. Daily specials are interesting and tasty. The food is consistently good and the prices are reasonable. Service is mostly very good but on occasion, there will be a surly wait person.

1  Thank Lisa R

Reviewed March 4, 2014

... also great onion soup!! Busy... young waitress wasn't very attentive to service in the bar area, she was talking to her friends at another table.

1  Thank Michael N
Reviewed February 18, 2014

been in here a few times and each time was nice time, good food, nice waitresses. Chicken parm is really good!

1  Thank Anca M
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Our second time eating at the Bellevue. The first time the food was mediocre but we thought we would give it another try. Huge mistake. We arrived with a party of 5 at about 4:30 and were promptly seated in a small room with only a few tables, even though we passed many available seats in the main dining area. The table had been expanded to fit us all, but this caused the edges to be slanted and our utensils kept sliding off. No big deal though, we were there to celebrate my mother flying in for Christmas and we were all in good spirits. We did it up right too, ordering appetizers, full meals, drinks, and desserts(even though we were never offered them). The Tuscany Chicken was great, but my mother's Chicken Marsala was very tough and hard for her to chew. The real problem was the service. The waitress was clearly ready for us to leave, and brought us boxes for our food while we were still eating. She did not ask us if we wanted dessert and when we ordered some she seemed a little annoyed. She brought the dessert along with our checks, not asking if we wanted anything else. We were about halfway through tge dessert when she came and informed us that she had a reservation coming in for that table at 5:30. We checked our watches and saw that it was 5:32. We still had drinks and some dessert to finish but now felt extremely rushed and uncomfortable. My two daughters are rarely allowed to get dessert when we go out to eat, and they had been so excited. But at this point my youngest said "why did they say that? Lets just leave." We adjusted the tip on our and then did just that. But first I asked to speak to the manager. A man named Joe said that it was him, and he acted shocked when I told him what had happened, saying "I am so sorry..I had no idea she did that. Next time you come in ask for me and I will hook you up." My daughter commented that he was a lot nicer than the waitress but I suspected he was not being sincere. Sure enough, my husband came out of the rest room moments after the girls and I left and heard Joe and our waitress laughing about what had happened. I was embarrassed and disgusted that I had spent $150 on a meal only to be treated this way. Needless to say, we will NOT be returning to this establishment.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

We enjoyed excellent homemade chicken noodle and cream of spinach with crab soups, hand made burgers, comfortable bar atmosphere, friendly staff and patrons.

1  Thank surfmom1953