“Affordable, Fun & Delicious!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Hershey, Pennsylvania
“Affordable, Fun & Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

When we pulled up, after following the bizarre directions, we were worried this place would turn out to be a dive. However, we were happy to discover that this little, hidden restaurant is a delicious treasure!
The service was friendly and warm, the prices affordable, the outdoor dining delightful and the food absolutely delicious! Everyone in our group of 8 was blown away at how fresh the seafood was and how fast the service was too. All the food was perfectly cooked and scrumptious!
And now, we cannot speak highly enough of Junior's Seafood!

• Visited September 2013
3 Thank Sickler

Langhorne, Pennsylvania
“Great for Takeout”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

Recently stopped in Juniors for meal. My husband and I had the seafood trio (grouper filet, shrimp and crabcake with baked potato or fries and coleslaw) and bacon wrapped scallops as an appetizer. The food was absolutely fabulous and fresh, but the atmosphere is just average. If you dine in, there are only a few tables and people come in and out frequently for orders... you feel like you are on display. They have outdoor tables, which are covered by a canopy, however, insects could be a problem. I have an issue with bees and that is why I chose to dine indoors. Unfortunately the indoor area is more like a tackle shop with items to purchase if you are going fishing.
I would certainly order "take out" here any time (perfect as a take out seafood place), but if I don't want to eat at home, I would go elsewhere for the decor and esthetics. Our meal again was excellent but for $60.00 f(total cost for my husband and myself), I would prefer to have something other than plastic forks and a paperlined plastic basket.
The reason I gave it a 4 star rating was because the food was SO GOOD... best scallops I have ever eaten and my broiled seafood trio was cooked to perfection.

• Visited September 2013
4 Thank Dar646
PENNSYLVANIA
“Local hangout, food is great, first time, service not great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Saw this place coming down to the beach and decided this beach shack must be a local thing, so we were game, we like easy, relaxed places like this. It was a friday evening and the place was all but deserted, I think they must do a good take out business its tackle and restaurant all in one. It is Byob but we did not know that.

They close early and we arrived a little late, not sure if it was an off day to the counter girl but being our first time, she was not helpful at all, we tried to order platters of crab meals off the menu and she said we don't do that anymore, so we ordered everything separate, no biggie, we asked about the difference in size and price and were met with a little more resistance, like we were exasperating her, we ordered just 3 a piece since I knew it was late, someone told my hubby to get the garlic crab, when he asked her about them she again had a bit of an attitude, asking us which ones, not explaining what the difference was.

I guess we should have told her we were practically virgins at ordering blue crab, maybe that would have helped, probably not, we fumbled through the order and paid, cheap enough with potato and coleslaw on the side did not see a french fry offering.

Another gal brought our our food, she was all smiles and even turned off the fan for me as it was chilly outside. It had a big tent picnic style benches a koi pond, a really cool place, all it was missing was some island music..

The crab was awesome, plain and garlic I would have sat there all night and ate them. We planned that if they were good we would take back about $200 dollars worth and have a get together when we got back home, with some friends just adding some beer, sweet corn and plenty of newspaper but we did not go back. We love to support local small mom and pop businesses and this is a great place with good food, we just did not feel welcome or comfortable enough to go back. If you go and want blue crab, come prepared to know what you want and bring some beer and go in the early evening.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank srvvintagegal
Asheboro, North Carolina
“Great seafood at a good price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by family and we were not disappointed. The restaurant was also a fish market, so you can see the food before it was cooked. We decided on fried grouper, stuffed grouper, crab cakes, and steamed clams. The fried grouper was modestly battered, allowing for the full flavor of the fish to be enjoyed. The filet was about 1/2 inch thick and well-seasoned. The stuffed grouper and crab cakes were filled with fresh crab meat. Both were well prepared. The clams were reasonably priced and delicious. We always look for good seafood while at the shore and we found it. We will be back!

1 Thank Dmaerz
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Good Seafood on Route 47”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

I'm stuffed. We have been here before and decided to go out there tonight. Husband had the blackened grouper, which he loved. I had the crab cakes. They looked small, but if you put them together they're more than enough. You get your choice of backed potato or French fries and a small container of cole slaw. This place is right on 47, so there will be some noise. It was pretty busy.

You can order for take out or eat in the covered outside eating ares. Picnic tables or round tables.

I would recommend this place.

• 2 of 5 bubbles