“Great Sushi”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Nice atmosphere, excellent friendly service and great sushi. Also, the hibachi is excellent and entertaining. BYOB.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

We had reservations for 14 for 6:30 pm on a Wed night, which I confirmed on Wed mid-day. When we showed up at 6:32, the manager told me there were no reservations for us at that time. He said we'd have to wait 30 minutes or more because 1) the reservation wasn't firm, 2) he said they don't have a good system for recording reservations, and 3) the restaurant was too busy and shouldn't have taken reservations. I protested loudly because I had my disabled mother and 90-year old stef father. The manager said he would call the manager at their sister restaurant in Rio Grande, Momiji, to find if they had seats.
He reported they did, and would also give us a discount. I said I didn't want to drive all the way to Momiji if they wouldn't be able to seat us. The Murasaki manager assured me there would be no problem. We got to Momiji's at 6:45 and the manager there said there were no seats and he had told the other manager that if we came, we'd have to wait. I again protested loudly about this treatment. The Momiji manager said it wasn't his problem. We finally were seated after 7:15 pm!
The food was good and the service was okay. We've gone to Murasaki many times and never had this type of experience - food is always good and service is good. Momiji's we've had okay food and uneven service.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

We take our kids here all the time. They love it. It's an entertaining meal and it's good food. The hibachi is better than most japanese steakhouses and the sushi is excellent. And compared to the beach towns, it's less crowded and less expensive.

1  Thank Paul L
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

This is a little gem. The food and service was perfect. Visiting for a week and we may dine here again. Sushi fresh and delicious and one of the best Pad Thai I've ever had.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Very generous lunch plate with soup, salad and entree. The rice was jasmine and the chicken was tender and creamy. The veggies were crispy and not soggy. Very good!