All reviews mid september fire ring bath house cabin camping bathroom mattresses campground pool sites weekend bathhouse cape playground wildwood
Reviewed June 22, 2018 via mobile

Brought my family here for a weekend getaway before the summer started, we had a great time! Relaxing by the fire, riding our bikes around and swimming in the pool. 3 minutes from a grocery store and a dollar general for the last minute things we forgot. I am coming back here again!!

Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
marcia k, Owner at Ponderosa Campground, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

We are so glad you had a wonderful time here at Ponderosa. Make sure you keep an eye on our facebook page and website for specials for next season. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed January 1, 2018 via mobile

I have been visiting this campground for years. I have brought many families with me. In fact this is my third review. This review is not based on the facilities. It is strictly based on the price. I went to book a trip online and for the first time I see they have raised the cost significantly. When I first started going it was only around $55 a night for a cabin with a bathroom. Each year the cost has gone up a bit to around $75 a night last I recall. Now this year they are charging $155 a night for the same cabin, same time of year. In fact the cheapest I can find for a cabin with a bathroom is still around $100 a night. They also shortened their “season” to mid May to mid September. They used to be open through most of October for fall camping. These factors are severely disappointing. The low cost has been a HUGE factor for making this place stand out. The cabins are great, but they are no 5 star hotel...no frills. Nothing has been improved so I don’t know why the cost has gone up significantly. If anything, the cabins are now older. This makes it lose all appeal and competitiveness to other campgrounds that offer more amenities at the same or lesser cost. It doesn’t make any sense. I enjoy this camp very much. This is not a reflection on the facility. But they should rethink these costs for what they offer. Very disappointing. Can stay in a hotel on the beach in Cape May for the same cost without having to drag all my linens with me. All in my family agree completely so they will be losing business from us. Such a shame.

Stayed: January 2018, traveled as a couple
marcia K, Owner at Ponderosa Campground, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2018

Princess2303,

We would like to thank you for giving us very nice reviews of our campground in the past. We here at Ponderosa Campground completely understand the frustration you may find not being able to afford our new rates and are very sorry for that. While the rates were increased from last year by only a very small amount,we are still much cheaper than many other campgrounds around us, and we did also adopt a Off Season and Peak Season calendar, this might be where you would see that change the most, which is common for most places to have such a rate schedule. Also note that we are one of, if not the only campground in the Southern Jersey Cape that does not require a minimum of a 7 night stay, ours is only a 2 night minimum. To make our rates even more affordable than they already are this year you will notice that we do offer a discounted 7 night stay, you only pay for 6 nights. We are also sending out discounts to our loyal customers on our mailing list, and FaceBook page,so make sure if you have not already signed up you do so to be able to take advantage of those savings. This year we are also upgrading every television in the cabins to all flat screen televisions, and are completely updating our large bathhouse, and laundry facility. Our season for reservations at the campground this year will be May 4, 2018 to October 29, 2018, we heard all the voices of our loyal campers who wanted so much to camp during the fall season we decided to continue to stay open. Again, thank you for the patronage, we do hope to see you again!

Reviewed September 11, 2017

This was my 1st visit in about 10 years and it was better than I remember. We stayed in a cabin with a bathroom. It’s luxury camping (air conditioned, cable TV, microwave, refrigerator and bathroom). The grounds are very well kept and the pool is great! Friendly staff and friendly vacationers. They allow dogs so that your furry family can vacation with you. It is located in a area that gives you so many options for beaches, restaurants, etc. We will be back!

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
marcia K, Owner at Ponderosa Campground, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2017

Rebecca,

Thank you so much for the very kind words, I am so happy your experience with us was a joyful one. We look forward to seeing you again!

-Marci

Reviewed August 17, 2017 via mobile

This campground is exactly what it stresses online a quiet family style campground. You're not gonna see loud groups around fires. We saw few people in general. Cabins are expensive but clean and lots of amenities. I especially appreciated when we showed up to AC on, and fridge already cold & ready for use. Pool was a zero entry style with a divider in the middle seperating kids height (up to 3ft) from deep end. It's gated pool but has covered seating right by it as well as a playground. Bathrooms were always impecably clean. Do note this is NOT a campground I'd want to just sit around all weekend as the sites are small and packed in there with no privacy. Tip: cabin C1 is awesome has a huge grass area next to it for kids to play in and right across from bathhouse. The campground charges $25 for wood (must have raised from sites price 20) and it seemed excessive. Also they give adults a wristband to wear on site which we found silly & annoying (tho we never got hassled when we did not wear them). I would recommend for a family stay while doing daytrips to wildwood & cape may, but not if looking to spend a weekend at a campground chilling.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2017

Our 2 day stay was pleasant enough. We rented a cabin without the bathroom. It was very bare-bones, but clean. The vinyl covered mattresses were a bit uncomfortable and noisy. The very bright overhead light was the only light in the cabin so if you needed a little light when you got up in the middle of the night to leave for the bathroom or you wanted to read you need to bring a light source with you.
The bath house appears to have never been up dated since it was built. Even though it is keep quite clean the showers are ancient, slippery and not very roomy. Speaking of roomy; the toilet stalls were built for kids or very small adults and to make matter worse, there is an empty extra toilet paper dispenser hanging on the door taking up more room . There are no handicap stalls or full length mirrors.
The pool was very nice and the campground's locations is excellent. Not a bad deal over all. Even had Wi-Fi.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank Sharon C
marcia K, Owner at Ponderosa Campground, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2017

Sharon,

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, perhaps next time you should consider a cabin with a private bathroom to better accommodate your family. Thank you for the kind words and noticing the extremely hard work our cleaning crew does into taking meticulous care of our grounds and facilities. We look forward to hosting your family again for your next stay at the Southern New Jersey Shore!

-Marci