“Amazing campgrounds.. Best of both camping and beach!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cape May Court House
Ponderosa Campground
Reviewed May 3, 2014

Went there for a weekend in May and the campground is impeccable! Very clean cabins with hot showers! We brought our dogs and they had a blast playing off the leash for hours. Staff was super friendly as they delivered wood and gave us info on the local beach area. Would recommend this site to everyone looking for a nice open campground with lots of sun and relaxation .

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Tisch26

Reviewed February 16, 2014

My girls and I have been going to this campground for the past few years and we Love it. It is always clean and the people friendly. We stay in the cabins with a bathroom and it is like the best of both worlds, the fun of camping with the comforts of home (air conditioning, bathroom, fridge and microwave). It is convenient to all the shore towns so that we can visit Cape May and Ocean City with out it being too far of a drive. The rates are great, especially preseason. When I found out our kids were going to be in school another 2 weeks because of snow this year I though we were going to have to cancel our June vacation but nope, Ponderosa extended there preseason rates and were happy to push our vacation back the two weeks YAY!! They are very accommodating and we always have a great trip here! I highly recommend this campground, we have lots of great memories here!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank dbaum567
Reviewed September 12, 2013

This campground is quiet. The owner Marcia give you a outstanding service. Very convenient for beaches and activity. It is our favourite campground in the area. If you stay ounce, you will return every year.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MartinIpad
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed at Ponderosa twice this summer. The first time, in June, just for two days, it was great. The room was clean, it was quiet at night, so all was well. The campground is convenient to the shore, so what more could anyone ask for? The second time, I stayed for 4 nights in mid-August. Again, the room was clean. But a very large family took the cabins on both sides of me and another one or two nearby. They set up a spotlight that shone right into my cabin and were loud well past midnight, with kids screaming and adults likely drunk and noisy. I didn't know there was an "emergency phone number" to call, as there is no one in the office at night, and since there were so many people in this large family (over 15 adults) and only one of me that night, I was afraid to go out and ask them to be quiet. I got no sleep all night long. To the credit of Ponderosa, they gave me a break on my bill for that night, but I would have happily traded that credit for a quiet night's sleep. They really need to have an on-site manager overnight to deal with late-night rowdy guests. I love the cabins, and the staff couldn't be nicer, but the bottom line is that I expect to be able to sleep at night when I am staying somewhere.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Sha03
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We had the most wonderful stay at Ponderosa this past.week. We stayed in a cabin.without a bathroom, but the bathhouse was right accross the street so it was no issue at all. The staff were ALL so friendly, so nice and helpful from the front desk/store to the workers at the snack bar and buffet, just wonderdul. I could not be happier, it is super close to the free zoo, a quick zip to Wildwood, and it has a great kid friendly pool which is actually open late!! I loved that we can go for an evening swim! The cabin we rented was CLEAN, the bathhouse CLEAN, the pool CLEAN...it was just such a great find. The ability to book online just makes it our new number one choice! Thanks Ponderosa!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We have been staying here for a couple of years now. We love it because my mom (82) and my aunt (72) can get a Cabin with a bathroom. The cabins have air conditioning, frig, TV, table and a front porch. They enjoy sitting on the front porch. I have a pop up and stay around the corner. I love that Ponderosa has a website that you can view availability! I think every campground should have it. This trip we met a very nice and friendly family from Montreal. Sometimes the campground is more crowded than others. Our 4 days there were very quiet and peaceful. The pool is nice and the buffet breakfast is so good. We plan to stay here many more times. The staff is excellent!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2013

My family and I stayed there last August. It was horrible. A group came in with four days left in our reservation and took the 4-5 cabins to the left of us. They were very loud and obxnoxious. Their music was blaring all hours of the day and night. We complained as did others and nothing was done. We even called the police. The guy threatened me in front of my two young children and husband. I again reported it and nothing was done. I was told to call the police and as the police told me they campground had to take care of it because it was private property. Than their maintence/security guy/whatever other titles he had actually threatened to have my husband and I arrested in front of my two young children who were hysterically crying because of the things the guy was saying to my husband. Worst vacation ever. If was evident that they cared more about the guy who rented 4-5 cabins with children left unattended then the families who only rented one. We intended on going back but never again.

You also can't sit outside at night because the place is over run with skunks. We counted 15 in one night and they were all in different places. Do yourself and your family a favor and look elsewhere for you vacation. Save yourself the aggravation and lack of customer service. All they care about is the money.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank crazyformickey
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cape May Court House
Big Timber Lake Family Camping Resort
Big Timber Lake Family Camping R...
#1 of 5 in Cape May Court House
Seashore Campsites & RV Resort
Sea Pines RV Resort & Campground
Cape May KOA
Cape May KOA
#15 of 18 in Cape May
Holly Shores Camping Resort
Driftwood RV Resort & Campground

Been to Ponderosa Campground? Share your experiences!