“good if only as a pied-a-terre while spending days at the beach”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cape May Court House
Ponderosa Campground
Reviewed August 18, 2012

we took a cabin with no bathroom because that's all that was left. It was a nice size but you can see the start of some water damage because the a/c is poorly installed.

The common restrooms/showers are really showing age. Rusted sinks and even a bucket under the counter to recuperate water that came from a leak, but the bucket was overflowing!!!

It's also on the edge of a golf club, so expect a lot of noise in the morning or late at night when they take care of the course.

The pool is great though, so the campground is ok if you want to have a place to sleep, but plan to spend most of your time at the beach

• Stayed: August 2012

Reviewed August 13, 2012

I'll start with the 2 negatives.. I've done camping before but here.. The Mosquitos were no joke.. It is camping so it's expected but bring lots of repellents. The 2nd, I chose to stay in the cabins with bathrooms.. And they cabins are really cute very small but cute.. But the price was too much for what you're getting.. Beds are not very comfy.. I read a review to bring an air bed and so I did.. But overall, my family and I enjoyed it very much we were close to wildwood and went there 2x's during our stay.. The pool was great.. The campgrounds kept clean.. We had absolutely no problems checking in or out.. Would definitely return maybe during the fall (less mosquitos lol).

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Camping at ponderosa was so easy and fun. We stayed in a cabin with four people and had plenty of room. There was a heated pool and a snackbar on premises and was just a short drive to Avalon NJ. The cabins were clean and the grounds were too A++++

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Ponderosa campground was perfect!! The Employees were so friendly and helpful and they are super pet friendly! Camping
Bathrooms are always dirty so I'm not going to complain about that. I have nothing negative to say about this place we had a great time!!!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 12, 2012

A Mini Anniversary trip for My Husband and Myself. Arrived Saturday and left Monday morning. We had never stayed at a campground in New Jersey before and we really enjoyed it. We stayed in a cabin with a bathroom. It was cute, compact, functional and everything we needed. It was very clean. I brought linens for the bed but forgot to pack the pillows. It was no problem as there is ample shopping near by. The staff at the campgrounds were plesant and helpful. Our neighbors at the campgrounds were friendly and quiet. The pool was nice. The ocean beach was just a short ride and that was clean and nice also. We enjoy Boogie Boarding. There is a ZOO very close by that we didn't get to see, but definitely will when we go back. Lots of places to eat. We went to the Wildwood boardwalk one evening. Then after we left on Monday we spent the day in Atlantic City. Ponderosa campgrounds is very centrally located. We recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We stayed in a cabin with frig, microwave, TV, A/C, covered porch, fire ring, picnic table and bathroom. Check-in/out procedures were quick and efficient. Grounds and facilities were modern, well maintained and clean. Saltwater pool was open from 10 AM - 10 PM. Convenient location to many attractions. Camping supplies, prepared food/snacks and activities available at campground. Supermarket is about 1 mile away. Planning on staying at Ponderosa Campground again.

Room Tip: Cabin with bathroom very convienent. Cabin without bathroom have access to a bathhouse which was...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 18, 2012

My family and I just returned from a weekend camping trip at the Ponderosa Campgrounds. We had a great time! We had a cabin with a bathroom and were very pleased to find it extremely neat and clean. All facilities are nearby. the pool was very clean and I was very impressed that the snack bar was no "over priced" like many places are. The food was food and reasonable. My son loves the slushes and my daughter loved the pretzels.

The people that own and run the place are very nice and accommodating. Unfortunately there was one problem when we checked however it was handled very professionally. We had reserved a cabin and my brother in law had reserved the cabin next to us. Mistakenly one of the staff members had rented my BIL's cabin to someone else who arrived before him. The owner went out of her way to correct the situation and did her best to make everyone happy.

This was my wife's first camping trip and she loved it. We will definitely be back again!

Room Tip: Rent a cabin with a bathroom. It is so worth it!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank lifl2003
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cape May Court House
Seashore Campsites & RV Resort
Big Timber Lake Family Camping Resort
Big Timber Lake Family Camping R...
#1 of 5 in Cape May Court House
#1 of 2 in Cape May Court House
Doctor's Inn
Doctor's Inn
#1 of 2 in Cape May Court House

Been to Ponderosa Campground? Share your experiences!