“service and food”

Cuisines: Diner, Greek, Italian
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed October 16, 2013

They use to have a great steak sandwich. no more. dry small . soup is normally good even now,

I ordered calf liver and onions could not eat it, they did nothing to take off my bill. They ask is everything okay, but do nothing if it's not. Service is poor except for a few of older waitresses that have been there for awhile. I sat waiting for 15 minutes and people were served that came in after me

There are newer reviews for The Court House Diner

Reviewed October 5, 2013

We only stopped for breakfast and were very pleased with our choice. My husband ordered the skillet breakfast and I ordered the short stack of pancakes. The pancakes were huge and my husband couldn't finish his breakfast. The amount of food that they gave us was amazing. The facility is clean, the food great and service good. It's worth the stop.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Stopped here on a ride from cape May zoo. We were very surprised by the food. The portions were huge and the food was very good. We had lunch, I had a wrap and my husband had a turkey burger and they were both very good. The staff makes you feel like you are at home!

Reviewed October 4, 2013

We stopped by on our way home from Capy May because we'd heard great things about this diner. We were disappointed all around. The service was poor from our waitress. She was hardly ever around. Meanwhile, a bus boy or manager (not sure who he was) kept leaning on our booth until he had some thing to do. We were disappointed that they didn't serve breakfast foods at dinnertime, but adjusted and ordered anyway. After a really long wait, the food finally came. My husband got the club which he said was fair. The kids were happy with their food, but they received a really small glass for their drink and we were told no refills. Who doesn't offer refills these days? I ordered the gyro and the only good part was the pita. The lettuce was iceberg and it was almost white. The chicken and sauce were ok. The tomatoes were orangish-yellow. Come on, this is New Jersey, at the height of tomato season and they gave me tomatoes that looked worse than what we have in the winter. To top it off, they got our bill wrong. We left very unsatisfied and don't plan to go back. Oh, and I can't forget to mention the local sitting at the counter who was loudly singly off key much of the time. Very odd experience.

Elenimal, Manager at The Court House Diner, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2013

So very sorry to hear about your bad experience. Unfortunately it sounds like you were served by the new inexperienced waitresses that we actually had to let go.
We do serve breakfast all day except for waffles and oatmeal and we have always given refills on all our soda and ice tea beverages for both adults and children.
Hopefully since the server is no longer here you will give us another chance to redeem ourselves. We are known for our gyros and would love the oppurtunity to make you one again. We promise we will try our best to make you happy.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

After finishing off our drive to the Shore, we just wanted something simple and quick for dinner. And we got it. Nothing exciting. I had a burger with bacon and just a touch of BBQ sauce...wish it had a lot more. Girlfriend got the chicken cheese steak. She enjoyed it. Waitress didn't seem to really care about us. Had to flag her down for a refill and when she brought the check, no asking if we wanted anything else like dessert or how things were. Not like it was busy and she was trying to get rid of us. Just seemed like she didn't care. It was OK...just OK.