1. The hotel is in a good location, but there's also about 200 other small hotels like this in the same area so don't let location sway you.
2. Parking is HORRIBLE. Yes they have valet, however, basically you stop your car on the street. No-one can get around you because the street is to narrow which means you litterially stop traffic. You get out, go into the hotel, wait in line at the front desk, tell them you have a car that needs valeted, run out to your car, grab all of your stuff and the valet drives your car away with 20 mad people starring at you. Make sure you grab everything you need during your stay.
3. Went to the restaraunt and told hostess that we needed a table for two for desert. For some reason she went back to talk to her manager. The manager said no. Really, he said no. The hostess came back and said that they don't like people to get desert because it holds up tables for other guests. Not wanting to argue, I said fine, we will just get it via room service and then her attitude changed and she said, "Oh! I didnt know you were a hotel guest! Let me ask him again." She wasn't able to speak to him and sat us anyway. We sat next to 4 empty tables that never filled up.
4. The hotel is romantic, but look, it's a victorian home, all victorian homes are romantic so don't let that sway you. There's 200 of them surrounding this one.
5. Bed was comfortable but pillows were bulky. If you like thin pillows bring your own.
6. Room had blow dryer, soap, and shampoo. Towels for only two people, for one shower each. If you go to beach, and shower when you get back you are out of luck the next morning unless you call for new towels. Look management, it's near the beach, give extra towels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Virginia offers 24 intimate rooms in an impeccably restored 1879 landmark building and is the foremost luxury hotel in Cape May, NJ. Nestled on Jackson Street in the heart of the famed historic district of Cape May New Jersey, the Virginia Hotel offers its guests a flawless integration of service and style, with a timeless glamor. The hotel does not accept children. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your The Virginia Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Virginia Hotel Cape May
- Virginia Cape May
- The Virginia Cape May