1,518 results
All reviews indoor pool sherrie hanagan breakfast buffet ocean view across the street hot tub off season hotel restaurant main building coffee maker get away king bed private balcony second floor sun deck new jersey great weekend
Reviewed January 21, 2006

My husband and I stayed at the Grand for 6 nights with our 7 month old daughter. The pool was great and the front desk day staff was wonderful. When we got in our room there were tiles missing from the ceiling, some of which fell on the floor and sink area and left a huge mess. We called and they cleaned it right a way. The first night there was a MOUSE in our room. We called the front desk and they told us they would find us another room (it was 2am) but we were only going to be able to stay in that room for the one night. They didn't help us move (haveing a baby you have a lot of stuff) and our child was sleeping. The new room was ok, but it took 3 phone calls to get it straight that we were not moving again(which we had to miss our boat ride to see the whale/dolphins it took so long to rectify). There was no compensation or apologies from the management about this inconvenience. When we asked if we got anything off our bill, they offered us a 20 buck savings for breakfast at their restaurant, which when we went to eat, they were closed for over 1-1/2 hours till lunch. When I told the manager that, she really didn't seem to care!!! TOO BAD, we go Cape May every year, and we will NEVER, EVER recommend this place or go back there again!!! There are too many other nicer places to stay.

Date of stay: August 2005
8  Thank SammysMommy
Reviewed January 13, 2006

We stayed at the Grand in december for a weekend. The place was great! Room was clean and up to date. (redone)Staff was very helpful and friendly, and resturant was excellent! The grand,is the only place in cape may with an indoor pool, a bonus in the winter in cape may.

Date of stay: December 2005
57  Thank Resort26095
Reviewed September 27, 2005

I walked in the room, and they had the a/c blasting. There was condensation and thick, black mold covering the vent, wall, and wallpaper border. The panels in the celing had mold too. I turned off the a/c and went out for an hour or two, when I came back, the mirrors on the wall had condensation on them, proving the entire area was wet. The staff was very accomodating and nice about finding me another room (after the third room, I settled with one with only minimal mold). I was told that they always have a problem, because they're near the beach and try to keep up with it, but still! I was also told, "don't worry, it's not the deadly kind". Great. Are you an expert in indoor air quality? I'm in the environmental field, and I know that any mold is bad mold. I am also pregnant, which made me a bit more sensitive about the health issue. They really need to rectify this issue ASAP as they are putting people's health at risk!!!!

• Trip type: Traveled on business
5  Thank Sightseer6500
Reviewed September 23, 2005

We stayed at the Grand for a long weekend in a regular standard room. It was right above the lobby. I was surprised to find that the room was clean, fresh smelling and newly tastefully decorated. The pools were beautiful. We didn't get to use the indoor pool, but WOW...how beautiful! We ate breakfast twice in their resturant and the food was good.

This motel would not suite me for a honeymoon, but it was very nice for family fun at the NJ shore. Most of the Cape May B & B's will not allow children, so they're not an option for most families. The Grand is located right accross from the beach and in a safe area for children. I give it 2 thumbs up!

57  Thank CarmelaPA
Reviewed September 12, 2005

We just returned from a wonderful stay at the Grand Hotel in Cape May. I read several reviews after booking my trip and I was terrified that the hotel was going to be disgusting. It was not. Our carpeting was new, the room was freshly painted, the bathroom looked new I am not sure what everyone is complaining about. My standards I must admit are not as high when I visit the Jersey Shore as it is when I visit other places, like Mexico, Bermuda or Florida, but the room was very well kept as well as the pool areas. The maid cleaned everyday and even vacuumed the outside our room. The microwave in the kitchen was new, the mini fridge worked fine and there was even a little stove to cook on. The location of this hotel is great, the beach is beautiful. Both of their pools are immaculant. Don't let anyone try to scare you into not staying here, It's not the Ritz or a Disney Hotel which I am a big fan of, but it is really nice. It was not the least bit discusting. Go and enjoy your stay in Cape May at the Grand, you will be glad you did. We are definetly coming back next year!

56  Thank Nomad5540