The Grand Hotel
Jetty Motel(Cape May)(Great Value!)
$179
$160
Madison Avenue Beach Club Motel(Cape May)(Great Value!)
$139
$116
Congress Hall(Cape May)(Great Value!)
$309
The Southern Mansion(Cape May)(Great Value!)
$219
Carroll Villa Hotel(Cape May)(Great Value!)
$229
Montreal Beach Resort(Cape May)(Great Value!)
$218
Avondale by the Sea(Cape May)(Great Value!)
$190
La Mer Beachfront Inn(Cape May)(Great Value!)
$213
Ocean Club Hotel(Cape May)(Great Value!)
$223
Heritage Inn(Cape May)
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,382 results
All reviewsindoor poolfront deskbreakfast buffetocean viewacross the streethot tuboff seasonhotel restaurantmain buildingcoffee makerget awayup to dateking bedprivate balconymid weeksecond floornew jersey
Reviewed October 6, 2012

As a seasoned traveller I have learnt how to spot an old hotel that has had a makeover - the doors are rarely changed and the door frames never changed. The elderly room door with hinges that had long given up closing the door were an immediate sign that the Grand Hotel is quite old. The remodelled room had been nicely decorated and the king bed was comfortable but there was a huge flaw in the layout. One side of the bed was very close to the bathroom wall and had no bedside table or light. This might be acceptable in a business orientated hotel where the rooms are usually let for single occupancy but emphatically not in a hotel in a seaside resort. We had dinner in Hemingway's Restaurant. The Prime Rib advertised on the menu for Friday and Saturday nights was not available, but they did a very nicely cooked filet instead. The breakfast was very good value, comprising a buffet plus an omelette cooked to order. Because of the bad room layout we would not choose to stay in the Grand Hotel again, but we would eat in Hemingway's again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Just spent a weekend in Cape May for a girls only getaway. First time staying at the Grand Hotel. Our room was as advertised (Class G, 2 room Suite), it was clean and had plenty of room for 3 of us. The hotel itself could use a bit of an update, but besides the cheap quality of the bath towels, no real complaints about the room. Now for the negatives: our room was on the 4th floor and we could hear the music from the wedding in the ballroom as if it were next door. We were getting ready to go to dinner so it wasn't a big deal, but if I had small children napping or was trying to rest myself, it would have been a different story. Also, the hotel does not guaranty parking. Which means that when you are coming back to your room late at night you must drive around the streets looking for non-metered parking. After this happening to us twice, I spoke to the manager. Debra said that they don't guaranty parking and her only other comment was that it states so on the website! Again, since it is off season it was not hard to find a spot (with a walk), but if it was July you would be driving around for an hour before finding a spot. We could not believe that the hotel does not have parking stickers for the PAYING guests (like every other hotel does) and basically caters more to the banquet side. I will also say that all of the staff was unfriendly and ungracious. They need to learn what hospitality means in the hotel business. All in all, not a bad stay but I think I would try other hotels before going here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Laurie B
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Just spent another great weekend in Cape May. A girls weekend at the Grand Hotel. This is the second time I stayed there and this time the room was a pool view not part of the main hotel. The room was dated and smelled musty. The rhapsody package was excellent, giving two breakfast buffet and the dinner all from Hemmingways was awesome. I will next time ask if there is a wedding booked. Unfortunately there was and that left no parking, itt left on going parties after reception, having at 1:30 a.m. someone taking our chairs from the balcony taken and rudely awaking us! I think it is time for The Grand to update some of the rooms. But I would still go back they are definitely reasonable and accomodating.

Room Tip: Rooms in the main part of the hotel are more updated than pool side.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 1, 2012

The hotel website leads you to believe this is an extravagant hotel. I was not impressed. The entry looks spacious however, two people fill the entry. 3:00PM is check in and the line was pretty extensive. The front desk were not overly welcoming, but did check us in quickly. One thing that was upsetting was someone opened our door while we were laying on the bed (reminder to put the slide lock on!) We could not see who it was, we immediately called the front desk to tell them, and we were told "probably the cleaning lady, she had not cleaned up there yet." Asked them to check with the cleaning team to make sure it was them and they said "why". I stated that I would like to know who has access to my room. Their response was "I am sure it was the cleaning lady" The room also looks like the pictures online, except the ceiling tiles were almost falling down in the bathroom. It was also the first time I seen toilets in hotels that reminded me of the school toilets with no tank but the steel looking pipe with the stem that you flush. The TV was really old still had the back the stuck out. Seemed to be rather small comparative to other hotels that I have stayed in recently. The duvet on the bed tended to fall off all night and it was VERY heavy to pull back up, think need a heavy equipment to complete the mission. We did not pay for a view...as you can see from the pictures, we had a room (very hot, like sauna) and two nice rocking chairs to overlook AC vent type things. The hot tub was not very hot and the indoor pool was freezing. It was so cold the children were in the hot tub playing. However, it was very nice and the paintings on the wall were really nice as is the lounge chairs in the area. The parking is difficult..pretty much hold your breath to find one close, but the do have options of the street, in the small parking lot horseshoe in front of the white part of the hotel and a very small "garage" under the hotel on the right side facing. Overall, it was an OK for a night stay. I seen some nicer hotels, but I am sure we would have paid much more than we did. It is right across the street from the beach so if that is what you are looking for this may be the place for you.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2012

basically stay was okay----but had one major safety concern I told front desk about that was not corected missing in my remodelled bathroom were the dafety non-slip strips in the tub===i had to put a towel down in tub when showering

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo