I booked our vacation to stay here with our 2 small children (ages 2 and 4) and was very excited since nearly all the reviews I have read have been pretty decent and the website for the Montreal Inn makes the rooms look really nice and modern. Well after just getting back from there, I have to take the time to tell you the truth about this place. I will make a list as I do not want to babble on as I know you have other important things to do like find your perfect vacation spot!!
1. We rented a suite which had a living room, small kitchen and separate bedroom with 2 queen beds. Upon walking into the room, we got the smell of smoke embedded into the furniture. The smell was seriously all over the couch and seemed to be coming up from the carpet even though it was a non-smoking room.
2. The bathroom is so small and out-dated that I felt terrible to give my kids a bath in it. After myself having a shower, I did not even feel clean afterwards. When I picked up the blowdryer, it was sticky. Needless to say I put hand sanitizer on me and the kids ALL the TIME.
3. The balancy faced the ocean which I will say was a nice view, however, the balancy itself is dirty and the cement floor needs a good power wash. I made my children wear their shoes when they went out there.
4. The one day we went on the beach, since we left after 2 nights out of our 5 night stay....there was nobody out there helping us with beach chairs. On the website, it indicates that the staff will provide you with the beach chairs and also menus so you can order lunch on the beach. Well, we had to carry their beach chairs out onto the beach since nobody was there and as for menus to order lunch............non-existent!
5. The parking spaces are so small that is was so difficult to park our mini-van. As you can imagine, the place was swarmed with SUV's and mini-vans in such tight spots you can hardly get out of your car.
6. The Inn only has one small elevater located in the back of the hotel. So if you go out to the beach and have kids with you and all your beach stuff.......you have to walk all the way around the building just to get to your room. The hallway in the back is so small it is single file only so when the maid has her trolley to clean the rooms it is very difficult to get by.
We tried calling other hotels the first night we arrived but everywhere we called was booked. Please think twice before staying here. I don't know what some of these people consider as "NICE" but this was no where near a Hilton or Marriott or even a Red Roof Inn.
The place is out-dated and over-priced and after 2 nights we left and came home. Sorry but this is the absolute truth and I hope you re-consider your stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For those who call The Montreal Beach Resort their second home, our resort is more than just a summer getaway. It's a family tradition, handed down year after year, decade after decade and has become one of our guests' favorite hotels in Cape May, NJ.The reason is simple - this is where memories happen. Memories that bring families closer together. Memories that last long after the snapshots fade. For generations, our families have known the secret to great Cape May vacations. And now that you've found us, you can know it, too.Hotel features a restaurant which serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Indoor and outdoor bar (best Bloody Mary in Cape May), convenience store, and liquor store. Our restaurant can serve you food and beverage to the beach for you. We have several room types, many with kitchens and suites. We even have a specially appointed Honeymoon Suite. Montreal Beach Resort is located right on the beach. It's a great place to stay and Cape May. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your Montreal Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Montreal Hotel Cape May
- Montreal Inn Cape May
- Montreal Cape May