“Great location and friendly service”

Montreal Beach Resort
Ranked #9 of 37 Hotels in Cape May
Teaneck, NJ
“Great location and friendly service”
Reviewed May 30, 2007

Easy to get to, right across from the beach. Quiet room. Service was very friendly. View from the room was terrific. Pool was nice. Looking forward to my next stay.

• Liked — Location and service
  • Disliked — Parking spaces are a little tight
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled solo
2 Thank lmotola

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
Fernandina Beach, Florida
Reviewed May 8, 2007

Stayed from 5/4 to 5/7 in room 416.

The average rating for this hotel (4.0) is accurate. I would have rated it the same, however a very disturbing experience at checkout lowered my rating to 3.0. Will get to that.

Check in was painless. Overall, the room was very nice and clean. A nice size bedroom and a living area with sofa and eating table. Kitchenette was very functional with stove, full size fridge, microwave, 4-cup coffee maker. Balcony with 2 chairs and a table gave great views of the ocean and enjoyed watching the dolphins play in the morning. The in-room coffee was the best I've had at any hotel/motel. Housekeeping provided plenty of towels and did a nice job of cleaning. For a room that size, the bathroom was extremely small. Very crowded for 2 people to share- can't imagine what 4-6 people would do with it. Barely any vanity space.

Amenities include pool and hot tub (in the season), sun deck, ping pong table, work out room, meeting room, computer with free internet access in the room off the lobby. Nice continental breakfast served during the week (not on weekends) in the 3rd floor meeting room. Liquor store and restaurant on-site. Arcade, shops, mini golf, restaurants within walking distance.

Now for the bad. As my flight was later that evening, I requested a 12 PM checkout which I cleared with the front desk staff and housekeeping. Received a call at 10:00 AM from the front desk reminding me that my checkout was at noon. OK... already knew that. I set it up. Received another call at 11:10 AM, which I did not answer as I was busy. 5 minutes later, the maid is pounding on the door and trying to enter my room!! I yelled that we're still in here and we had until 12 PM. She said that someone had told her we had checked out- a likely story. Anyway, upon voicing our displeasure with the front desk staff, their response was that normal checkout was at 11 AM. An apology for treating us like 7-year olds who didn't know any better would have been in order, however customer service fails again in the hospitality world. I might stay here again, but will probably check somewhere else first.

• Liked — Location, balcony
  • Disliked — Bathroom, being treated like infants at check-out
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank runningman5k
New York City
Reviewed May 7, 2007

My sister and I took my father down for a long weekend. The suite arrangement suited our purposes perfectly. Dad has a new mobility scooter, and the front desk staff was most solicitous in helping us get organized with that, and helping us get to our room.

There was a quite nice restaurant on-site. After the long drive it was nice to be able to have a good dinner and a glass of wine without having to drive anywhere. A liquor store too, very convenient if you need it.

Like many of the previous comments, I would say it isn't fancy, but completely adequate, good location, good value!

• Liked — Accomodating staff. Good restaurant.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pa
Reviewed April 11, 2007

My family and I had to stay in Cape May for a night for a funeral. We were accomidated quickly and efficiently. There was a decent continental breakfast there as well, which was well stocked and cleaned frequently. The rooms were clean and didn't smell at all. The view was very good! If I was to go back to Cape May, I'd go back to this hotel.

• Liked — It's location
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
Boston
Reviewed March 31, 2007

I have never been to Cape May before and went there on business recently. I stayed at the Montreal Inn which is right on the water. I had a great room (a suite actually) that was neat, clean and very comfortable. The Inn provides a nice complementary breakfast and the staff was very nice and helpful

I look forward to going back to the area with my wife when it's a little warmer and will stay at the Montreal Inn again.

Stayed March 2007
Austin, TX
Reviewed March 27, 2007

We stayed for 2 nights last week while we were in Cape May to attend my son's US Coast Guard graduation (SEMPER PARATUS!) there at the base.
Decent hotel, very clean, a balcony with ocean view. 2 rooms, bedroom with TV, living room with sleeper and TV..also table and chairs with small counter and frig. Worked for us as we needed the space and privacy for the 3 of us. It is a good value if you are a Coast Guard family..they give a discount and it is 5 minute drive to the base. (Two restaurants I would reccomend in Cape May are The Blue Pig Tavern (upscale American) or Lucky Bones ( pizza, salads, ribs, burgers) We took our grad to the Blue Pig for dinner and it was excellent.

• Liked — location and price
  • Disliked — Pillows were like rocks!
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia Suburbs
Reviewed November 24, 2006

Stayed here for an extended Thanksgivinh holiday. Called and asked for a crib, it was in our room when we arrived and the heat was turned on for us and the room was very comfortable. The wireless internet was very easy to connect to and used quite often by the family. Overall it was a pleasent experience and we will stay here again.

• Liked — cleaniness
  • Disliked — small parking spaces
  • Stayed November 2006