“Excellent”

Montreal Beach Resort
Ranked #8 of 37 Hotels in Cape May
Reviewed August 17, 2012

My family and I have been staying at this hotel since I was a kid. I now bring my own kids every year. The hotel is always clean and the view is breathtaking with the beach directly across the street. The entire staff, the fantastic food at Harry's resturaunt (right on the premises) and overall atmosphere is what keeps us all going back year after year. It is the ONLY hotel I will stay in while in Cape May - without question!

Room Tip: 3rd and 4th floors have the best views however, the 1st floor is very convienant and the 2nd floor h...
1  Thank Amy C
There are newer reviews for Montreal Beach Resort

Reviewed August 17, 2012

This is my 2nd trip to Cape May but my first stay at the Montreal Inn.

I never thought I would write a review but I have to let anyone thinking about staying that me and my family were totally satisfied. We stayed in a newly renovated room on the 4th floor (best views). The rooms were great, clean, no funny smells, etc. The view was fabulous.

The staff were very friendly, I even saw the owner "hands on".

The food at Harry's was fantastic.

We are already planning another visit for Summer 2013.

Room Tip: If you can book a room on the 4th floor, I would highly suggest doing so. The view of the ocean is s...
1  Thank Willow7417
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Family of 3 stayed at this hotel for the first time in August 2012. Stayed in a newly renovated, ground-level suite. The renovations were very nice and especially appreciated the extra storage areas in the bathroom, bedroom closet, and pantry in the kitchenette. Rooms could be more spacious, but were suitable for our needs. Room and grounds were kept very clean. Especially enjoyed the ammenities that were offered at this hotel including: on-site restaurant, nice pool, beach access across the street with complimentary chaise lounges on the beach (we also paid a small fee for an umbrella, which saved us a lot of space in our car not having to lug chairs and an umbrella!), discounts at local shops for staying at the hotel, and close location to arcades, restaurants, Washington Street Mall (10-15 walk). Staff were welcoming and helpful. Only drawback is being on the ground level which leaves little privacy and little view of the ocean. If/when we return to this hotel I would book very far in advance in order to secure an upper level room as this hotel is very popular and books very quickly. Overall, had a very enjoyable, satisfied stay at the Montreal Inn. The ammenities that are offered make up for the higher price compared to other hotels.

Room Tip: Avoid ground level if you want more privacy and better ocean views. Ground level is convenient for g...
1  Thank Lisa D
Lhirsch, Owner at Montreal Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2012

Thank you for choosing the Montreal Inn when vacationing Cape May. We are excited about our renovations and have gotten a lot of great feedback from our guests. I do hope you will include us in your next visit and now that you have visited our property; you can choose the exact accommondations that meets your needs. Thank you again for your patronage!

Reviewed August 14, 2012

The Montreal Inn is our first choice motel in Cape May. We've been going for over 20 years, when we can get reservations. The rooms are clean and were recently renovated with more spacious bathrooms. It's not luxurious, but is very comfortable. The location is across from the beach and within walking distance to the restaurants, shopping and the arcade. It's great to have the convenience of the pool after the ocean. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. We hope this review doesn't make it even harder to get reservations.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

All I can say is Thank you!! Your comments are most appreciative and it is always my pleasure to see you each year. I look forward to your next visit. Please keep in touch!

Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

To be fair we stayed in a room that had not been remodeled yet. But it was clean if cramped. Pool was nice. Right across the street from the beach. If you're going make sure you get a remodeled room Harry's restaurant on site has live entertainment & an outdood bar. Very nice but kind of pricey

• Stayed: August 2012

Thank you for visiting us during your most recent visit to Cape May. I appreciate your sincere comments and suggestions. As you know the Montreal will be fully renovated for 2013. I'm hopeful that should Cape May be part of your vacation plans in the future; you'll give us the opportunity of serve you once again.

Thank you!

Reviewed August 9, 2012

For almost 30 years, our family has enjoyed vacationing at the Montreal Inn. The facilities are very clean and the staff are always friendly and accomodating. Our family loves the option to swim at the ocean in the morning and cross back across the street to swim at the Montreal's pool in the afternoon.

Room Tip: The first floor efficiences are perfect for young families. It is closer to the pool. The higher roo...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Kathleen M

Wow, thank you! I always look forward to seeing "my friends" each year when they visit us. It's continues to be my pleasure hosting you and providing a wonderful vacation experience. Thank you for acknowledging me personally, it's your continued friendship that makes my job so wonderful.

Thank you!

Reviewed August 8, 2012

Been going to Cape May for many, many years. Been staying at the Montreal Inn. The best hotel to stay at. It is clean, great service, and great staff. The owner Larry Hirsch makes it a point to make sure that his guests feel like family and are well taken care of. Would only stay at the Montreal Inn. Counting the days to return.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple