“Great place for the family!”

Montreal Beach Resort
Ranked #9 of 37 Hotels in Cape May
Reviewed July 29, 2011

We just got back from a 3 night stay with my wife and a 2 and 4 year old. The location is perfect right across from the street and a few blocks to the arcade and bike rentals. This was our 2nd time here and we already booked next summer for 5 days. We stayed in a 4th floor room, great views but we booked ground floor room for next year. Much easier for the kids for comfort, right in front of the gated pool. The only con is the housekeeping can be better. They don't wash the dishes and there was a dead bug on the counter that was missed in the cleanup.
Overall the rooms were clean and it's a great friendly hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011

Reviewed July 28, 2011

This was the first and last time we will stay at this hotel. The rooms were not cold. We thought the a/c was broken until we found out there were sensors on the glass sliding doors that shut off the a/c every time you opened them. There were also sensors in the room that shut off the a/c if there was no movement. So if you were lying down resting the a/c would shut off. We were 5 people staying there and they only gave us 4 towels. We called the desk to ask for another towel and we were told that we had to go down and get them ourselves. The water in the shower was very hard to adjust. It was either very hot or very cold. The people at the desk were very nasty and not helpful at all. I dont recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2011
8  Thank JenJenDi
Lhirsch, General Manager at Montreal Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2011

We are certainly sorry to hear that your visit with us was unpleasant. We make every attempt to ensure that our guest enjoy their stay. The sensors on the sliding glass are a energy conservation measure. This way, the air conditioning does not remain on when guest wish to leave the front sliding doors open. There is a decal on the sliding glass door that notifies our guest.
The reservation was based on 4 people in the room. We were not notified at check in that a 5th was in your party. Had we known there were 5 people in the room, the room would have been prepared accordingly. Our staff person was unavailable at that moment to immediately bring the towels at your request. Again, we are sorry for this experience.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stopped there without knowing after visiting may other places. When i opend the door to the room that they kindly let me visit, it was a sight for soar eyes. The room and the view on the sea was just beautiful. I didn't hesitate for a second evethough the room was only available for one night. When I went back to register I ask that they let me know the next day if the room was still available because I wanted to stay longer. The lady at the front desk spoke with her manager and agreed to let me have the room for the next day. We very much enjoyed our stay there and we will go back. I would recommend this place to all my friends without a doubt.

Try it you'll love it

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel with our friends for the weekend. We booked this hotel mainly because we wanted one that had an outside bar, a pool, a reasonable price and a reasonable location. We were fortunate to have a beach view which was so beautiful. We loved that the pool was right next to the bar. It made it so convenient to have everything close together. The hotel is far from the center of town but we accepted that as we wanted a hotel for a reasonable price. The only downfall is the poor customer service in the hotel restaurant. My friend called the restaurant the first morning to request if we could have coffee brought up to the room. We could hear the woman's witty/snide comment in the background "If she wants coffee brought to the room, she can come downstairs and get it and bring it back to the room." A simple "No, we do not provide room service" would have been sufficient. We also went to the restaurant for breakfast - arriving at 11:01 and were denied breakfast service because it was after 11:00. We understand that breakfast ends at 11:00 but to deny customers staying at your hotel at 11:01 is ridiculous to me. I would not count this hotel out but I would not dine at the restaurant. Also the some of the rooms are not renovated so they look outdated. I do not care much for the fashion of a room but my friends would have liked to stay in a renovated room. Overall good hotel for the price paid.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mare6684
Reviewed July 25, 2011

After carefulI search, I decided to try the Montreal, most reviews were positive but I did pay attention to the negative ones as well. Giving it a try, my three friends and I had a girls get-away. We were met by professional, though not particularly friendly, staff in the lobby. The moment we walked into our third-floor room and saw the ocean on opening our door, we all went "Aah!" Our room, we were informed, was not remodeled as yet, so we expected some unsightly place. To our suprise it was quite welcoming: the bathroom was very clean and bright, the kitchen area was neat and adequate. What a view from the balcony! When we left last Friday we all were wishing we had at least three nights, two were definitely not enough. We were given a great send-off seeing dolphins frolicking in the water from the balcony. Would definitely love to come back. Thanks so very much.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank PamTraveller
Reviewed July 20, 2011

Very friendly and accommodating staff. Very convenient! Directly accross from the beach. We brought our own chairs and umbrella's and did not need them, the hotel supplied chairs, the umbrella we did rent but was worth not having to carry anything extra, plus someone brought them to the spot you picked out and set them up. Next year I will leave them home because we will be back. We saw dolphins every day from our balcony and at the beach. It has everything it says it does. Only about 15 min from Wilwood broadwalk. Very easy to get around. If you are looking for a luxury hotel this is not for you. If you are looking for a nice family hotel close to the beach I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank ElaineCo62
Reviewed July 17, 2011

My wife and I returned home yesterday from spending a week at the Montreal Inn, It was not our first trip there and definitely will not be our last. Everytime we stay there, something is new - TVs, carpeting, dressers, something has been upgraded. This last time, the bathroom had been completely redone and is terrific. The private balcony overlooking the beach is simply fantastic! The staff are among the most courteous and efficient that we have experienced and we have stayed at other facilities in Cape May. We keep going back to the Montreal. Upon checking out this time, we reserved a weekend in late September and two weeks in 2012. The only down side of the newly upgraded rooms is the lack of a small table where you can eat something light or use your laptop with their free internet access. We will continue to stay there as long as we can afford it. And it is one of the more affordable places in Cape May.

Room Tip: Book your room a year ahead if you want to go during the summer season. It's that good.