“This place has become our home in Cape May”
Review of Heritage Inn

and 1 more site!
Heritage Inn
Ranked #10 of 37 Hotels in Cape May
Reviewed September 17, 2009

I return to the Heritage Inn every summer. The rooms are comfy and the location absolutely can't be beat. The Heritage Inn is right in the middle of all the fun. The pool is ideal for families with young kids. The staff is consistently friendly and professional. We return to this sweet little hotel every summer, and will continue to do so for a long time to come.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank ScreenNameasdf

Reviewed September 8, 2009

Let me just say, there were children left in charge of the motel for the Labor Day weekend and they had NO ability to provide customer service nor did they want to. The rooms and the hotel in general smell extremely musty, moldy and old. Any indication of a renovation is simply a poor coat of paint and and really cheap curtains and linens. The furniture is old and the cushions smell. The TV signal was poor. The filters for the AC were completly plugged and did not fit the opening meaning you are breathing all that dirt and mold and poor air quality all night long. The refrigerator was moldy, the beds were cheap and made a crinkling noise when you sat or laid on them and the pool was dirty. Stay anywhere but here!!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
5  Thank 2uloveme
Reviewed September 7, 2009

the Heritage hotel was a decent hotel... the king size bed was comfortable....the a/c worked great... close proximity to all attractions....now the negatives... the pool was toxic....looked like it was never cleaned... the rooftop view was great but all the outdoor furniture was filthy ... wouldnt reccomend this to anyone unless management gets their act together.....

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank USAPROUD2007
Reviewed September 5, 2009

My friend and I stayed at the Heritage Inn for 1 night. The room was $190 a night but I don't think it was worth that price. The room looked shabby, the TV reception was awful, no alarm clock, the shower curtain was flimsy, the walls were in need of a paint job, and the linens were worn. The ONLY plus is that it's close to the beach. I would go with a Bed & Breakfast before booking a room at the Heritage.

Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
3  Thank Monalisabx
Reviewed August 27, 2009

My sister booked a room in this hotel only for its location. My mother, teenaged niece and I joked that we were in the only non-Victorian (uninteresting) place in the whole town. Absolutely no charm, but an excellent location indeed. My mother thought it was not clean, but I thought it was acceptable. I disliked the cheap foamy bedspreads and flat pillows, however we had two towels each along with washcloths. Walking distance to everything. Trucks are noisy and unload early on weekend mornings in prime summer season. I think we did all we could do in that little place. Most likely, I'll go elsewhere with my tourist dollars even though the beach was very clean (albeit a tad grayer and courser than in the Carolinas) and our meals we very reasonable and quite creative/delicious at the local hot spots.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2009

Last minute decision to go to Cape May for the first time. The hotel was in a great location. Then room was clean and roomy however, I do not think it was worth $250.00 for the night. The pool was smaller than the pics online and dirty (lots of sand and debris). I figured it would be cleaned at the end of the day since the pool closed at 6pm - but the next day it was still dirty at 9:30 in the morning.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank domur
Reviewed May 3, 2009

Recently my husband and I took an impromptu trip to the beach in Cape May and just happened upon the Heritage Inn. I can not express how wonderful our stay was at the Inn. The rooms are delightful. Clean, comfortabe, airy and roomy. I have never felt like family during a stay at any other motel. The staff at the Heritage Inn was wonderful and could not have made us feel any more comfortable. I can not wait to bring my family back during their summer season. We have found our new "home" at the beach.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple