“Quick but Pleasant Stay”
Review of Heritage Inn

and 1 more site!
Heritage Inn
Ranked #11 of 37 Hotels in Cape May
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Unfortunately I had to end my stay here almost 24 hours early due to a personal situation but overall the room is decent. It is not a high end five star hotel but nor was I looking for one. The rates here are also reasonable for a place across from the beach. My only compliant would be that the room I stayed in had a handicap shower which floods the entire bathroom, as there is no barrier between the shower floor and the bathroom floor. Overall not a big deal as I enjoyed my stay while I was there. It was unfortunate I had to leave early. Would definitely go back.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
BlueDallas, General Manager at Heritage Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Thank you for your complimentary review. And we appreciate your information regarding the handicapp bathroom. We did just have that bathroom installed as required by the state and I agree with you that the water on the floor is an issue. As mandated we are not allowed to have a lip off the shower as a wheelchair has to be able to access the shower. However, we are going to have the floor pitched properly this fall so that the water flows directly into the drain provided. Again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to having you return to the Heritage Inn.

There are newer reviews for Heritage Inn

Reviewed August 28, 2012

I don't understand how people rate this place as being nice. The only nice thing about it is that its right across the street from the beach...the rooms was clean but very, very old!! The bathroom I would say was even disgusting!!! So dated and old....there were dead bug marks all over the walls, and I found ants on the night table. They crawled all over my phone. For the price I paid, I think I got ripped off...

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
10  Thank Maria P
BlueDallas, General Manager at Heritage Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2012

You say "never again", I say thank the heavens for small blessings. I can only hope that you find happiness at another establishment....

Reviewed August 27, 2012

We've stayed here 8 years in a row and plan to continue. Pricy during the peak of summer, but good when you can get in before the season. The rooms have always been very clean, although we did have ants on the vanity during our June visit this year. The location is ideal for the beach and for walking everywhere. We've made many good memories here.

Room Tip: Avoid getting the room directly over the office, as you sometimes hear the phone ring.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 27, 2012

This was our first stay at The Heritage inn. We decided to book here because of its location to the beach even though some reviews weren't so comforting. Our experience was very good. When I called to ask questions and make changes to the reservation, I was greeted with warm, friendly, and accommodating voices. When we arrived, it was the same. The Inn is a family run business and they all take great pride in it. We would definitely stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jeanne291
Reviewed August 27, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Heritage Inn, for the first time last weekend. We are so in love with the place! We had only a short time, and everyhing was perfect. Easy, convenient, very clean and the nicest experience. When I got there, I had an injured foot, my husband went inside and I stayed in the car, while he checked in. The lady from office came out to me and offered me her cane, for the weekend!! I was so very touched, by her kindness. It turned out to be one of our best getaways, ever!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2012

This was our first time at The Heritage Inn, and we loved it! The room was spotless, and the Inn has the best location in Cape May. We had our two children, 6 and 4, and we walked everywhere. We will definitely be back, because staying with Gwen and Mike is like staying with family!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 23, 2012

This is the worst room I 've ever stayed in and one of the most expensive. Plastic liners under sheets and inside pillow, crunch,crunch! Bedding itself was shabby gross. We found past tenants shoes and food crumbs under bed. No wonder they have ants.! The front desk behaved like they could care less about our complaints. Do not stay there under any circumstances. Go up a couple of blocks and you will get a nice clean, place that costs less. You will be biking anyway.g

Room Tip: Go up a few blocks up from the beach and you will be fine.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
9  Thank Kathy S
BlueDallas, General Manager at Heritage Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

In response to your comments I would like to offer the following thought. I don't think your complaint reflects what it was that you were unhappy with at the Heritage Inn. It was about the price which is a competetive rate for a beachfront motel in August, the height of the season. At no point did you ever mention the beds to me personally or my staff which would have elicited the response that all of bedding is brand new this season and the high grade vinyl protection covers are for the protection of the guests for sanitary reasons. Also, it would be a first to say that we were uninterested in your complaint had you actually come to the office and really spoke to any of us. You are right next time you would be better served staying off the beach front in a less expensive motel.