All reviews rooftop deck across the street great location convention center within walking distance room was clean third floor family owned business small pool stay there again no elevator can't beat the location my husband and i beach avenue park the car restaurants and shops a great place to stay
Reviewed August 27, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Heritage Inn, for the first time last weekend. We are so in love with the place! We had only a short time, and everyhing was perfect. Easy, convenient, very clean and the nicest experience. When I got there, I had an injured foot, my husband went inside and I stayed in the car, while he checked in. The lady from office came out to me and offered me her cane, for the weekend!! I was so very touched, by her kindness. It turned out to be one of our best getaways, ever!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2012

This was our first time at The Heritage Inn, and we loved it! The room was spotless, and the Inn has the best location in Cape May. We had our two children, 6 and 4, and we walked everywhere. We will definitely be back, because staying with Gwen and Mike is like staying with family!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 23, 2012

This is the worst room I 've ever stayed in and one of the most expensive. Plastic liners under sheets and inside pillow, crunch,crunch! Bedding itself was shabby gross. We found past tenants shoes and food crumbs under bed. No wonder they have ants.! The front desk behaved like they could care less about our complaints. Do not stay there under any circumstances. Go up a couple of blocks and you will get a nice clean, place that costs less. You will be biking anyway.g

Room Tip: Go up a few blocks up from the beach and you will be fine.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
9  Thank Kathy S
BlueDallas, General Manager at Heritage Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

In response to your comments I would like to offer the following thought. I don't think your complaint reflects what it was that you were unhappy with at the Heritage Inn. It was about the price which is a competetive rate for a beachfront motel in August, the height of the season. At no point did you ever mention the beds to me personally or my staff which would have elicited the response that all of bedding is brand new this season and the high grade vinyl protection covers are for the protection of the guests for sanitary reasons. Also, it would be a first to say that we were uninterested in your complaint had you actually come to the office and really spoke to any of us. You are right next time you would be better served staying off the beach front in a less expensive motel.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Clean rooms, very friendly staff and convenient to everything. Can just park your car and walk to stores and restaurants and beach right across the street! What more could we ask for? We've been back several times and will stay here again if we get the chance.

Room Tip: end room or the third floor
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Just returned from another awesome stay at the Heritage Inn! Visited for 5 days this time with my sister, daughter and son and could not have enjoyed it more! This family run establisment makes you feel right at home with their friendly and helpful demeanor. The rooms are clean and the location is perfect! Located right across the street from the beach, there are a few shops, restaurants, the arcade, the Convention Center (which offers free movies on the beach every Thursday evening in the summer)....it's also ideal when it's 9o'clock at night and you want an ice cream cone...just stroll over:) We usually stay on the bottom floor in front of the pool, however, the second and third floor offer an awesome view, as well as the roof top. The pool, (which was very clean) is perfect for kids due to the shallow end being 3 1/2 feet and the deep end 5, so both my 5 yr old and 9 yr. old enjoyed it tremendously. This will be our 4th or 5th time staying here and the next time we're lucky enough to visit Cape May, this will be where we stay!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family