All reviews rooftop deck across the street great location convention center within walking distance room was clean third floor family owned business small pool stay there again no elevator can't beat the location my husband and i beach avenue park the car restaurants and shops a great place to stay
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We stayed here for a weekend and was disappointed! The pics and reviews were pretty good but a let down when I got there the room had a really wierd smell to it, the bed was very uncomfortable. The bathroom is out dated as well, I would not return here to stay.

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank m9190
Reviewed June 24, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Heritage Inn for two nights in June 2012 to celebrate her birthday. When I booked the room over the phone with Mark, I was promised it would have a full "Ocean View" from the room's balcony. As soon as we arrived I discovered that the "Ocean View" I was promised, was completely obstructed by the newly built Convention Center directly across the street. Even worse than that, our room was located directly behind one of the two staircases so the view from the balcony consisted of the Convention Center and a huge white stair case. Unfortunately, things got worse not better once I actually entered the room.

Upon entering the room I was shocked by the fact that there was no phone or even an alarm clock in the room, as well as the tiny outdated television (a flat screen would've been great, but I at least expect a screen big enough to watch tv from the bed without needing binoculars). The tiny bathroom had a disgusting musty smell and one of the towels had a brown stain on it. The bed was a King size, but it was definitely the cheapest and most uncomfortable bed I've slept on since my college years. But the worst part of my stay at Heritage Inn was definitely the ANTS!!

The ants where absolutely EVERYWHERE. They were on the vanity, on the dressers, in the bathroom, and worst of all IN THE BED!! They did send in an exterminator to spray the room on the 2nd day of our stay, but you would've thought he sprayed the room with sugar or something because it actually got worse after that. It was so bad that we had to shake off our clothes before we put them on and inspect our food before we ate it. My girlfriend even found ants in her purse hours after we left the motel!!

Unfortunately the Heritage Inn has a strict no cancellation policy otherwise we would've left shortly after arriving. Needless to say we got very little sleep while staying there and will never be returning. There are so many better options in the area including the Avondale by the Sea where we stayed the previous year for her Bday, (which has flat screen TVs a phone in the room, a TRUE Ocean View, and NO ANTS!!).

• Stayed: June 2012
10  Thank Jahi376
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Our refund policy is not strict as you stated, it is fair. We just do not refund money because a guest doesn't like his room choice or that we don't provide flat screen TV's as you had stated was a necessity to you. Your room location was a wonderful 3rd floor deluxe with a fabulous ocean view contrary to your idea of a room with a view. Your statement that you would "slam" us online is both malicious and untrue. I can only hope that others will read the terrific reviews we typically receive and see through this reivew for what it is.
Gwen Finley

Reviewed June 19, 2012

Not a horrible hotel, but not great, probably would not come back. Location is pretty good, although not exactly beach front. It is across the street from it, which is nice. Room was small and kind of dingy. Beds were older and had uncomfortable plastic coverings. Bathroom was also old and dirty. It was just alot of money to spend for nothing special.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JG5554
Management response:Responded June 23, 2012

I just read your review and I apologize if you were not satisfied in any way. It doesn't seem as if there were any specific issues that I could have provided or improved for you while you stayed at the Heritage Inn. We recognize that we are not a 5 star chain hotel but are proud to be a family run business where everyone is treated like family as well. We are considered by most to be Cape May's Premier Beachfront location with exceptional service. Again, I apologize if we were not what you were looking for which is why there is both chocolate and vanilla!

Reviewed June 15, 2012

The Hotel was very clean and the bed was comfortable but oh the steps. There isn't an elevator and when you are on the top floor those steps can get a little old. The staff should make people aware of this when they are booking a room. I would have requested a room on the first floor. Nobody was around when we wanted to check out so we (and another lady) decided to put the keys in the mail slot. It would have been nice to hand them to someone. As I first stated, the rooms were very clean and the staff were very nice. They were able to give me ideas on where to get a good meal. An ocean front room does not mean ocean front. I paid for an ocean front but if I wanted to see the ocean I had to step out on the balcony to see it. If I return to Cape May I will consider staying here again because of the location but I will request a room on the first floor and i will not pay for an ocean front room.

Room Tip: No elevator
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2012

A nice, clean hotel for a reasonable price. Right in town and walkable to most attractions.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends