All reviews rooftop deck across the street great location convention center within walking distance room was clean third floor family owned business small pool stay there again no elevator can't beat the location my husband and i beach avenue park the car restaurants and shops a great place to stay
Reviewed January 20, 2012

When my love and I arrived into town the day before New Years looking for reasonable accommodations, she spotted this place and we stopped. On our way to the office we were greeted by Mark, the owners grandson. This young man was charismatic and friendly, he gave us information for local events and sights and made us feel right at home. Incredible customer service, nice and clean room, and when you pop open the windows the sound from the ocean right across the street fills your room at night. Simply beautiful! We would definitely return! Thanks Mark!

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank sparkjt
Reviewed November 11, 2011

My boyfriend and I just recently stayed at the Heritage Inn for the weekend and loved it. The rooms are good size, very clean, and have a nice ocean view. The staff is great and always smiling. Everyone is so friendly and hospitable. We will definitely be returning this summer for a week in July.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2011

We have been going to Cape May for years. We usually go down to Cape May during the bird migration season (Spring and Fall), and for the past number of years (probably 10) have stayed at the Heritage Inn. It's small, clean, the people (owners and staff) have been there for years. Everyone is friendly and helpful.
The location is great - right on the beach, and centrally located in the middle of town. My husband is a birder and photographer. He is out before sunrise every morning. I enjoy sitting on the balcony with a cup of coffee looking out at the ocean. In the evening I end the day in the same spot with a glass of wine. It's always the most relaxing vacation I take.

Room Tip: Sorry, it's a secret, you may ask for my favorite room.
Reviewed October 16, 2011

Hotel is below average at best. Good location though. We stayed 2 night October 7-9 and have been coming to Cape May for 15 years around this same time. We usually stay in a B & B, but figure to save some money this time around. What a mistake this was. A couple days ago we received a bill & were charged on my credit card $ 100 for damages to the microwave. We did not use the microwave or have any knowledge of anything about the microwave. We called immediately when we received the bill, but no-one returned our call. We just called again with absolutely no satisfaction or pleasantry. Frankly, she was rude and would not give us her name. She told us to call back Tuesday (2 days) because "Gwen" was not there. Again when we asked for her name, she hung up on us. So..... a summery of the Inn would be.....Average visually, musty smell, crabby older woman at front desk, rude phone service and THIEVES !!!. Obviously we would never go here again and now I have to contact my attorney for a $100 bogus charge for a "damaged microwave" that we did not touch. We are (to say the least) very unhappy customers.

Room Tip: Take pictures of everything in the room before you check out to prove you did not break anything!
8  Thank KKE11Y
BlueDallas, General Manager at Heritage Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2011

The charge for the broken microwave is the least of what should have been charged considering the condition of the room once the guest vacated. Not only was the microwave broken, the door was completely off and the glass tray inside the microwave was shattered. Additionally, the tile floor was cracked where the appliance obvioulsly fell. I would say that all things considered, the guests got away cheap. And just as a note, we took a picture of the damaged room as well for documemtation.

Reviewed October 12, 2011

My wife and I just came back from a three day trip to the Heritage inn. We have been going to Cape May for around 26 years and this was our first stay at the Heritage. We found it to be clean the rooms were good size and a decent view of the ocean and the staff very friendly and helpful! For the money we paid it was well worth it! We will go again!

Room Tip: Third floor to see ocean....