“Perfect Location”

and 1 more site!
Heritage Inn
Ranked #11 of 37 Hotels in Cape May
Reviewed August 12, 2011

This was our first time at the Heritage Inn. The room was clean and looked like a new bathroom. The pool was just the right size for a quick dip to cool off after a hot day. The location was within walking distance to the Mall and all the resturants. We never needed to move the car our whole stay. I would definately stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Heritage Inn

Reviewed August 9, 2011

My family and I have been staying at the Heritage for 30 years now and have become almost like family with the owners. The location of the hotel is excellent. Right across from Morrow's Nut House, shops and eating places. 4 block walk to the outdoor mall. Easy access right across from the hotel to the beach. We look forward to going to Cape May every year and hope we can continue for many years to come!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2011

My friend and I stayed in one room while another one stayed in a separate room. Our places were clean, right across from beach entrance and arcade, 4 block walk from the Washington Street Mall area, and one short block away from a really great Massage place called Beach Massage (one of those $30 for 30 minutes places but my friends and I went twice it was sooo good).
Gwen and the team were very helpful to us as to where to eat around the area so we didn't have to wait in line long, made sure we knew where to go, and were just so easy to communicate with. Emma, our cleaning staff person, did a great job cleaning our room everyday as well as we came home to a spotless and cool room when we spent the day at the beach.
They have a pool - and also a 4th floor deck (without rooms) - which was great to wake up early or stay up late and hang out on. Great view of the beach from there as well - saw many dolphins from there and the beach!
When we return to Cape May, this is the place we will stay again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 7, 2011

I loved staying at the Heritage Inn. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Rooms were spacious and very clean. Next trip to Cape May I will stay at the Heritage Inn again. Beach was right across the street. All restuarants were in walking distance.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank njmrn2000
Reviewed August 5, 2011

I worked for TWA for 35 years and travelled the world with my husband.Since our retirement we have been discovering places closer to home.Friends invited us to see Cape May last year and now it has become a yearly visit.Who knew there was such a treasure in our own backyard.Both years we stayed at the Heritage Inn; it was right across the street from the beach, has a pool,and was more than adequate for our needs. The staff is friendly and the rooms are clean and reasonably priced for in season and right across the street is a great pizza place and the best fudge i have ever found on the east coast. You also dont have to drive to anything , as the Heritage is so convenient to shopping and restaurants. I highly recommend this place to anyone who plans to stay in Cape May.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank helenmc46
Reviewed August 2, 2011

Came to Cape May to visit friends and went by the Heritage to see if we could get a room for one night, which we were able to. We noticed some items that should be addressed before the room would be rented again and wanted to let them know at checkout. The person at the counter that was so nice and friendly the day before became upset with me when I mentioned that the TV didn't work and that I didn't tell them the night before. They could have fixed it, I mentioned that we would rather not have people in the room once we had our personal belongings in there and now she became nasty and said that they were not crooks and didn't have and problems over the years. I tried to explain that we were private people and thought to tell them at checkout would be best for us. I also said that they were in a "Customer Service" business and should not get so defensive when a customer tries to tell them about issues with their business. Not once did I ask for a reduction in the $255+tax rate that I paid but I did let her know that they needed to put some attention on the mold or mildew growing on the two lamp shades and the dust packed into the fan in the bathroom. Now rather upset with the way I was handled I forgot to mention that the lid to the toilet seat fell off the first time we tried to use it and the bed spreads could use a washing. Also, I could not connect to the free wi-fi, service was poor.
I think they should take lessons about how to listen to customers. They need the repeat business to survive and we are now former customers who will never be back.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
9  Thank CareyDan
BlueDallas, General Manager at Heritage Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2011

The staff at the Heritage Inn is dedicated to making each guest's stay as welcoming and as comfortable as possible. I was the person on the desk at the time of Mr. Carey's check in and check out. During the check out process Mr. Carey stated the they had been annoyed by the TV in the room not working since they checked in early the day before and they were unable to watch TV at any time during their stay. I asked Mr.Carey why did they not come to the office to report this and he stated that they did not like strange people coming into their room with all of their personal belongings. I explained to Mr.Carey that we have been a family business for 40 years and to date had never had cause for not valuing the safety of our guests belongings but that if that was indeed how he felt, we would have waited until they had returned to their room or gone with him to the room at that moment to assess the TV problem. Again, he stated that this would have been unacceptable and implied that a discount would be appreciated. At this time I did become upset, as fixing a TV is a simple problem if we are notifed during the stay and not at the time of check out. I felt that it was unfair to make the report at check out and not during the stay in order to give us the opportunity to rectify the situation.
As for the other complaints Mr.Carey speaks of I find no validity to any of them. Also as a footnote: the TV just needed to be put on channel 3 in order for the Comcast remote to operate.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

My girlfriends and I stayed at this hotel for two nights over the summer. The location was great! Right across the street from the beach and boardwalk and walking distance from the washington street mall and all of the restaurants..it is also a short cab ride from the Cape May Winery. The room and bathroom were clean and the service was great...anything extra we needed was helpful. The beds were a little uncomfortable but overall I would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends