“friendlyest hotel in cape may”
Review of Congress Hall

Congress Hall
Ranked #6 of 37 Hotels in Cape May
Reviewed March 23, 2013

great place to stay at christmas time every thing there for your convience and comfort

close to activeries no need to move your car

get room 217 to watch christmas parade take the walking tours enjoy the christnas

decorations shop at the washington street mall

Room Tip: second floor street side best bet thank god for elevator friendly & helpful staff
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank spike712999

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Bedroom had acrid horrible burning - choking and eyes wetr streaming

Never got fresh towels
One bed was impossible to sleep In as the mattress was that bad

Blue pig is charming
Service was very good. Food was good but not excellent
Smallish portions

I'd never recommend it tho I'm sure there are many people that find this shabby and slow old place good for them

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We needed a two day getaway for my birthday. What a wonderful time we had in the mddle of March. Activitiy galor in the Blue Pig and Brown Room -- just like a cocktail party. We had the Ebbitt Dining room voucher plan. We had an excellent meal there. What a nice place which was hopping for the time of year! I would go back there in a heart beat. F

Room Tip: Ocean view king size bed. Seeing the ocean from our cozy bed was a real thrill for this time of yea...
Reviewed March 18, 2013

The Congress Hall is many things; yes the floors are crooked and the fixtures are quirky. We booked this property expecting these elements. Considering this hotel is over 150 years old, that's part of the charm. We just returned from a two-night stay in an ocean view queen room with daily breakfast vouchers. Check in was smooth, but we were most unhappy with our third floor annex-building room--yes, the ocean was visible, as was the back side of a pancake house, dumpsters, and a parking lot. The room was small, and the bathroom was uneventful. After viewing the selection of room photos offered online, I was extremely, extremely disappointed--no old fashioned tub or graceful window view. I refused to unpack, phoned the front desk and then made an in-person visit. I was told that no other rooms were available, but they did offer a "better room" for us to be switched to for our second night. This is not at all what I wanted, and there was a bit of a standoff (mostly on my part). The manager spoke with us, and he said he could not offer us a different room until the following day, but did offer us a rate adjustment for the night (which was truly not was I was after) --but it seemed the only compromise if the hotel was indeed full. We were promised the room change for the following day by 12 noon.

Next morning, we were told to pack up our belongings and they would be moved to our "better" room. And BETTER it was. Large, sunny room with a king bed, fabulous tile and marble bathroom with soaking tub and separate glass shower, and best of all, a full sea view through a large double window. Exactly what I had anticipated for our getaway. We loved the room and location so much, we hated leaving the Congress. We'll be back, but will be very specific about the accommodations when we book.

Room Tip: We preferred the rooms located in the main building.
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I was very pleased with my stay at Congress Hall... the hotel is right on Beach and has excellent views of the ocean and right at Washington Street Mall. The staff was friendly and helpful! I must say I was impressed with my room. This hotel was built in the 1800's and since I did not see pictures of the rooms on the website I expected mediocre but found the room very nice and clean. W had breakfast at The Blue Pig and although it was very busy the service we had was very good. I would definitely stay here again. .

Room Tip: Go for the ocean view although the city view is nice
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here one night and being that this was our first time in Cape May this was a good choice. The location is great, there are bicycle rentals right outside and so is the beach. The beach across the property was wonderful. Our only issues were the room and the price. Our room didn't really have a view and the furniture was just a bit too dated for my taste. Also for what we paid (nearly $400 for the night in the summer) there were no perks, no breakfast or happy hours at the hotel bar (if there was one I didn't see it). Would come back only if we could stay with a discount or breakfast package.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank BD83
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Every year we visit Congress Hall in February / March. I would highly recommend staying. The Blue pig has the most professional staff that makes your dining experience relaxing.

The only thing i recommed is do not prepay. I had an emergency where i had to change the date 7 days in advanced and it appeared i hassled the rep that i spoke to. Although after a bit they did accomedate the change.

No matter what we love visiting Congress Hall and much appreciate the staff that takes excellent care of their occupents.

Room Tip: Ocean View rooms with the Balcony is worth the trip and money