“A Family Tradition!”
Review of Congress Hall

Congress Hall
Ranked #6 of 37 Hotels in Cape May
Reviewed December 21, 2012

My family and I go here every year because we just love it so much. The food is fantastic, incredible service and staff, and an incredible atmosphere. There's even beach service! Every time I go here I feel like royalty. I am treated so well and couldn't ask for anything better. The property is beautiful and well maintained. You can tell that the staff really cares about you and that they do their absolute best to not just meet your expectations but exceed them. Great hotel! Highly recommend!

• Stayed: August 2012
Write a ReviewReviews (1,205)

Reviewed December 21, 2012

We stayed same time last year and paid same amount of money for a much better room. The room was definitely not worth the high price. The location is great, but next time we will probably opt to stay someplace else.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 18, 2012

We stayed here on a Monday late in December having spent the night before at their sister hotel, the Virginia. As usual, we are sp pleased with everything. Front desk staff is helpful and welcoming. The room is beautiful. We ate in front of the fireplace at the Blue Pig. Lovely Christmas decorations with a 13ft. Blue spruce in parlor. Never want to leave...

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Zinniaboo
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Stayed with friends last week - 12/8/12 - and the place was decorated fantastic. Lots of hustle and bustle - and really put you in the holiday spirit.

The room - 22# - for over $200.00 a night - we got to hear the band in the "Boiler Room" until 1:00 am - we couldn't hear TV over the band. Not that I mind bands, music and fun - I just want to hear it - in the "Club"..or the lobby - doesn't matter - not my room.

The Front Desk - offered to turn down the noise???...Are you kidding? My point is that the "Front Desk" has to know far the band music travels - and don't book guests in those rooms unless they are warned...then charge $49.95 - like the Econo....Book the wedding parties there...or band lovers....or offer the paying guests - ear plugs.

I'll visit Congress Hall again - but not stay there.

Room Tip: If you love music - and like to stay awake until after 1:00 - ask for room 224 - because you'll...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Kim K
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I've stayed at Congress Hall and it is generally nice. The rooms are quaint. The Christmas ambiance is uplifting.

So this year we book a two night stay. Three weeks ago I am in accident - walking is now very difficult. We tried to cancel the reservation. READ THE FINE PRINT CANCELLATION POLICY.

YOU LOSE 100% IF YOU CANCEL WITHIN 21 DAYS OF YOUR STAY. Twenty-one days is unconscionable. 100% is unconscionable. Talk about adding insult to injury. Life is too unpredictable to justify this kind of penalty.

Too many other good places in Cape May to put up with this kind of rough business. We won't be back.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Delaware-Traveler
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Excellent overall everything! Congress Hall is where you want to be in Cape May! It is right in the heart of the historic district and is in a perfect location for dining, shopping and relaxing! It has great views of the beach and Victorian Homes. The spa services are high end and everything was perfect from the planning of the trip to check-out!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Congress Hall was the most romantic, beautiful hotel my husband and I have ever stayed at. Every aspect of our weekend was perfect. The staff, the gorgeos holiday decor, the room, the food, even the fireplace in the lounge... all incredibly first-class from start to finish. I also loved the location and the wonderful shopping and dining across the street. I will make it a habit to visit Congress Hall every November/December from now on. I cannot put into words how much I enjoyed our weekend!!

I will say, however, the room that ajoined ours was occupied by children... they were a bit noisey but that did not bother me. They did not keep us up at night! An air vent in the bathroom did though. It made noise that bothered my husband.

Room Tip: We stayed in a corner room that was supposed to be a town view but we actually had a lovely view of...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple