WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #5 of 38 Hotels in Cape May
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“A dream”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

Congress Hall was the most romantic, beautiful hotel my husband and I have ever stayed at. Every aspect of our weekend was perfect. The staff, the gorgeos holiday decor, the room, the food, even the fireplace in the lounge... all incredibly first-class from start to finish. I also loved the location and the wonderful shopping and dining across the street. I will make it a habit to visit Congress Hall every November/December from now on. I cannot put into words how much I enjoyed our weekend!!

I will say, however, the room that ajoined ours was occupied by children... they were a bit noisey but that did not bother me. They did not keep us up at night! An air vent in the bathroom did though. It made noise that bothered my husband.

Room Tip: We stayed in a corner room that was supposed to be a town view but we actually had a lovely view of...
2 Thank Rebecca W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (316)
Philadelphia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

We came here in summer several time and really loved it. It is right by the ocean. The property is so beautiful and the staff is very friendly. Recently we stayed there in Nov. I have to say it had a different flavor from summer. It is much quieter. We saw ocean from our room. Had breakfast in bed - we enjoyed the property even in winter! There were stores open in town. Some restaurants were open. Ebbit room is delightful. The only downside is the walls between the guestrooms are thin. You can hear some noise from next room.

Room Tip: Ask for a room you can see the water
1 Thank JulianaPhiladelphia
Charlottesville, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

I recently stayed at the Congress Hall for the Thanksgiving holiday. We had dinner reservations at the Washington Inn on Thanksgiving and decided to try the Congress Hall. HUGE MISTAKE! I was incredibly disappointed not only by the rooms but also the service. I thought this was a better hotel in the area but clearly it is not. I had a cold during my stay and was deserately seeking some hot tea in the afternoon on Thanksgiving. The coffee shop in the hotel was closed and I was out of luck. I was sitting outside on the veranda because it was a very warm day but there was no help outside asking if anyone wanted a drink. Our first night there I realized that I forgot my toothbrush. We went to the front desk to inquire where we could get one since the main store in the hotel was already closed. They said we had to walk 5 blocks to the CVS to obtain one. THey didn't have any spares or any provisions for guests forgetting essentials. Not even a vending machine, which would have worked perfect in this situation. There was NO complimentary coffee or tea either in the room or in the hotel. I have NEVER heard of such a thing. The room was sparse, nothing to engage you or even want you to return. They said that you would receive complimentary bath salts because they did have a soaking tub but we didn't get any. I had to ask THREE times before someone brought us some. Poor customer service all the way around. If you want to go to Cape May, I suggest a B&B, you get much better service and kindness in one of them then you would here. We had dinner one night in the Blue Pig and truthfully, it was aweful. I would NEVER go back. Oh, and one last thing, I filled out a survey they left and told them my opinions, they never contacted me - again, poor customer service.

Room Tip: Choose a B&B, they offer much better amenities and service. This place is NOT worth the money.
3 Thank Pambaknj
cape may court house
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

The hotel is beautiful and clean and sits in the best location for anything you could want to see or do in Cape May! The Christmas decorations were unbelievable! The staff is very helpful and friendly! We will definitely be back!!

• Stayed November 2012
Collingswood, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

view is great. location is awesome. service good. Food was very good. I get that you pay for all of those things and the romantic ambiance of Cape May but it's still overpriced.

You can pay the same rate for a room in New York City and get better service and food and services in NYC are not cheap.

The closet door doesn't close when you actually have clothes hanging in them. They jimmy the doors to close by scraping the wood to fit but it looks like it was done by a child rather than a legitimate carpenter. The floors in the entire hotel are uneven and I see the women at the wedding I was there for nearly twist their ankles in their high heels.

They need to update the place with cleaner floors and carpets, fix the sub floors, and just replace the fading wall papers. Hey just keepin' it real and hopefully they'll make the changes for the better.

Room Tip: So I purchased my room in advance. It was 10% off because there was no refunds. You'd think the...
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mik e
AMARILLO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

If you're looking for a shiny bright hotel, this isn't the place for you. If you want a place with charm and elegance, look no further! We stayed here a week after Hurricane Sandy hit. The weather was chilly but the hotel had cozy fireplaces in the lobby as well as the Brown Room and Blue Pig Tavern. The food was excellent, the room was clean and very attractive, the bathroom was spacious and well-appointed. The beach is just across the street so it was easy to walk over and then get back to the hotel to warm up.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
North Kingstown, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stayed here just after Hurricane Sandy hit the NJ coast. Luckily Cape May was spared and we were able to make the trip as planned.
The hotel is charming....great lobby, cozy bar with complimentary hors d'oeuvres, Blue Pig Restaurant that feels like an old tavern, spacious rooms and bathrooms. The outside spaces looked inviting as well but it was too late in the season. Location across from the beach and near to town is also a plus.
This was our first trip to Cape May and will definitely plan to return, earlier in the off season to avoid crowds but enjoy the surroundings.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends